ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS skills life VS NARIC for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Pakistani married name for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:09 pm

If someone has been married in pakistan then obviously will have to be called with married name which include part of its husband name. So what's preferably should be done before applying spouse visa either to change the name on passport with married name which will of course need for tb test and A1 test or the married name on passport shouldn't be changed on passport and let the tb test and A1 English test in previous name. What should be done?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

hussain252

Re: Pakistani married name for spouse visa

Post by hussain252 » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:35 am

Soon as u married u need to get ur Pakistani identity card(nadra card) changed to ur married status and then apply for ur new passport with the name change.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:40 am

hussain252 wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:35 am
Soon as u married u need to get ur Pakistani identity card(nadra card) changed to ur married status and then apply for ur new passport with the name change.
You mean the reason to change with married name so that t b test and A1 English test shows married name because they follow passport.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:56 am

seagul wrote:
Tue Jul 03, 2018 3:09 pm
If someone has been married in pakistan then obviously will have to be called with married name which include part of its husband name. So what's preferably should be done before applying spouse visa either to change the name on passport with married name which will of course need for tb test and A1 test or the married name on passport shouldn't be changed on passport and let the tb test and A1 English test in previous name. What should be done?
When I was applying for spouse visa in June 2016, my wife's name was still the same after marriage. Nothing new was added to the passport and NICOP/NADRA card. The only thing that's required is, Original Nikah Nama (with English translation) and Marriage Registration Certificate for spouse visa.

Now, to be more specific, when filling in the forms to take the TB Test and IELTS, you should use whatever is written on the Passport. If it says Miss X X, even after marriage, you still write Miss X X, and this is the general rule, because you will need provide identity documents, and, of course, it should match up. And, this will not affect your spouse visa, if you don't change her name to married name on NICOP/NADRA Card and/or passport, because it's not necessary.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Tue Jul 10, 2018 11:08 am

Regarding meeting English language requirement for spouse visa what would be best to opt for applicant: either

1. Passing A1/A2/B1 IELTS

2. Getting Naric comparability report

Which one is better in long run up.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

IELTS skills life VS NARIC for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:11 am

Hi all
As we all know that English language can be met by either undertaking A1/A2/B1 test or getting NARIC comparability report with English language proficiency letter. Since the cost of both strategies are almost same but IELTS test expires in 2 years so in long run up what's best to get??

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IELTS skills life VS NARIC for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:11 am
Hi all
As we all know that English language can be met by either undertaking A1/A2/B1 test or getting NARIC comparability report with English language proficiency letter. Since the cost of both strategies are almost same but IELTS test expires in 2 years so in long run up what's best to get??
I am very amazed that a simple question has silenced the board :shock: :shock:

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 3:54 pm

It is your choice which you choose. No one else can make that decision.

The rules could very well change in 5 years time anyway and the requirement slightly different for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:21 pm

Thanks for reply. If you choose ielts test then if its expires in future but still on HO approved list then whether expired ielts remains acceptable??

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:24 pm

If you do the A2 or B1, yes, you can use it if used in a previous app and it is still on the list of HO approved providers.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:30 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:24 pm
If you do the A2 or B1, yes, you can use it if used in a previous app and it is still on the list of HO approved providers.
You mean it remain acceptable even if its expires with its 2 years of validity?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:32 pm

Only if it was used in a previous application AND the test and test provider is still on HO's approved list at whatever point in the future.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:38 pm

seagul wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:30 pm
CR001 wrote:
"32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:

(a) from a provider which is no longer approved, or
(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(c) from a test centre which is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required under Appendix O), provided that it is at or above the requisite level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and when the subsequent application is made:
(i) the applicant has had continuous leave (disregarding any current period of overstaying where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, as well as any previous period of overstaying where: the further application was made before 24 November 2016 and within 28 days of the expiry of leave; or the further application was made on or after 24 November 2016 and paragraph 39E of these Rules applied) as a partner or parent since the Home Office accepted the test certificate as valid; and
(ii) the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix."

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/immigration ... d-evidence

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:48 pm

So it means as per above advises if applicant chooses B1 test instead A1 for initial spouse visa application then B1 even having 2 years expiry will remain valid for extension as well?

KVP

Post by KVP » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 pm

On a slightly different case of mine, I am curious to know

whether B1 is accepted for A1 / A2.

I couldn't see any clear rule/statement that B1 is accepted for A1/A2 (assuming B1 certificate is provided first time to Home office).

My case:
My spouse used A1 for initial FLR-M.
Her FLR-M extn is due next year but we do not want to waste money and effort doing A2, and then B1 for ILR.
So she can take B1 (if it is firstly accepted for FLR-M extension).

Would be so great if anyone can help.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:18 pm

KVP wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 6:16 pm
On a slightly different case of mine, I am curious to know

whether B1 is accepted for A1 / A2.

I couldn't see any clear rule/statement that B1 is accepted for A1/A2 (assuming B1 certificate is provided first time to Home office).

My case:
My spouse used A1 for initial FLR-M.
Her FLR-M extn is due next year but we do not want to waste money and effort doing A2, and then B1 for ILR.
So she can take B1 (provided if it is firstly accepted for FLR-M extension)
Useful to keep your questions in your own topic you have rather than tagging onto another members entry clearance visa question thread. B1 is acceptable for an extenaion
Char (CR001 not Casa)

KVP

Post by KVP » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:09 pm

[/quote]
Useful to keep your questions in your own topic you have rather than tagging onto another members entry clearance visa question thread.
[/quote]

Agreed and apology for hijacking another thread.

[/quote]B1 is acceptable for an extension[/quote]

And thanks for your reply. Using all the info in this thread & Rules/statements, I can assume that B1 can be used for A1 and/or A2 and all the way for ILR as well (past it's validity date).

Please correct me if I am wrong. Thank you.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:47 pm

MobeenSaeed wrote:
Wed Jul 11, 2018 4:38 pm
seagul wrote:
CR001 wrote:
"32D. If an applicant applying for limited leave to enter or remain under Part 8 or Appendix FM submits an English language test certificate or result and the Home Office has already accepted it as part of a successful previous partner or parent application (but not where the application was refused, even if on grounds other than the English language requirement), the decision-maker will accept that certificate or result as valid if it is:

(b) from a provider who remains approved but the test the applicant has taken with that provider is no longer approved, or
(d) past its validity date (if a validity date is required under Appendix O), provided that it is at or above the requisite level of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages and when the subsequent application is made:
(i) the applicant has had continuous leave (disregarding any current period of overstaying where paragraph 39E of these Rules applies, as well as any previous period of overstaying where: the further application was made before 24 November 2016 and within 28 days of the expiry of leave; or the further application was made on or after 24 November 2016 and paragraph 39E of these Rules applied) as a partner or parent since the Home Office accepted the test certificate as valid; and
(ii) the award to the applicant does not fall within the circumstances set out in paragraph 32B of this Appendix."

Another valid argument is that if by virtue of 32D the previously gained English test which was resulted in successful spouse visa application still considers valid then why HO insist on A2 test at extension stage despite A1 test was used in initial application?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:52 pm

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:47 pm
MobeenSaeed wrote:
seagul wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Another valid argument is that if by virtue of 32D the previously gained English test which was resulted in successful spouse visa application still considers valid then why HO insist on A2 test at extension stage despite A1 test was used in initial application?
Members have posted in recent months of being refused for submitting the A1 when applying for FLR(M) extension. From May 2017, A2 or higher is mandatory for spouse visa extensions.

immigration-for-family-members/importan ... 19289.html
Char (CR001 not Casa)

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:52 pm
seagul wrote:
MobeenSaeed wrote:
seagul wrote:

Members have posted in recent months of being refused for submitting the A1 when applying for FLR(M) extension. From May 2017, A2 or higher is mandatory for spouse visa extensions.

Then it means 32D does not exist and they must delete it from their guideline.

MobeenSaeed

Post by MobeenSaeed » Fri Jul 13, 2018 3:18 am

seagul wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:55 pm
CR001 wrote:
Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:52 pm
seagul wrote:
MobeenSaeed wrote:

Then it means 32D does not exist and they must delete it from their guideline.
No, this does not mean 32D does not exist and that it must be deleted from their guidline.

Notice the bolded statement. So, what does 32B state?

"32B. Where the decision-maker has:
(a) reasonable cause to doubt that an English language test in speaking and listening at a minimum of level A1 or A2 (as the case may be) of the Common Framework of Reference for Languages relied on at any time to meet a requirement for limited leave to enter or remain in Part 8 or Appendix FM was genuinely obtained; or
(b) information that the test certificate or result awarded to the applicant has been withdrawn by the test provider for any reason,
the decision-maker may discount the test certificate or result and require the applicant to provide a new test certificate or result from an approved provider which shows that they meet the requirement, if they are not exempt from it.
"

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:40 pm

In my opinion 32d still doesn't apply since HO insisting on A2 on extension stage.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:36 pm

Whether it keeps worth that for initial spouse visa stage instead doing A1 Ielts life skills do B1 Ielts skills life test since the cost & test structure is same? No one ever be appeared on forum who confirmed that he passed B1 & it was accepted for initial spouse visa where A1 was needed. Any official link in this relation?

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:15 pm

seagul wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 6:36 pm
Whether it keeps worth that for initial spouse visa stage instead doing A1 Ielts life skills do B1 Ielts skills life test since the cost & test structure is same? No one ever be appeared on forum who confirmed that he passed B1 & it was accepted for initial spouse visa where A1 was needed. Any official link in this relation?
hello seagul,

in the guidance for the english language requirements, it is written that the higher level can be accepted.

Also, there is a link with the english tests accepted, as of june 2018 Approved secure english tests

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:24 pm