ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Applying for Tier 2

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Nimisha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Applying for Tier 2

Post by Nimisha » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:45 pm

Hi,
Iam currently on Tier 4student visa in UK.I came for an 18months masters in nursing course (supposed to finish by July 2018) but unfortunately with some planning errors the university is extending the course further more. But with the presumption that the course finishes in July I processed my nursing application and managed to clear the exams for nursing registration in UK. Currently I have the decision letter from the NMC to complete my nursing registration and hospitals are willing to sponsor me with CoS. I am confused if I could apply for tier2 within UK as I Have not completed the course.My tier 4 is valid till November 2018 but the validity of my decision letter also expires around the same time. I don't want to loose my decision letter and I wish to start working immediately.As my current visa allow only 20hoursvof work a week Iam not able to join any hospitals. I would like to know if it is possible for me to apply a tier 2within UK before the completion of course? Will the home office reject my application as I haven't completed the course.Iam also thinking if I could discontinue the course with a PG diploma . please help me with suggestions
Thanks
Nimisha

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Applying for Tier 2

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:56 pm

You can study with Tier 2 visa.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:59 pm

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/academic-te ... udent-visa

213. You can study but you will need to obtain an Academic Technology Approval Scheme
(ATAS) certificate for the course/research and present it to your education institution
before you start your study if:
(a) you are over age 18 (or will be over 18 by the time your leave expires); and
(b) your course is one of the following:
(i) a doctorate or master’s degree by research in one of the disciplines listed in
paragraph 1 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules, or
(ii) a taught master’s degree or other postgraduate qualification in one of the
disciplines listed in paragraph 2 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules, or
(iii) a period of study or research in one of the disciplines listed in paragraphs 1
or 2 of Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules at an institution of higher
education, where this forms part of an overseas postgraduate qualification.
Appendix 6 of the Immigration Rules can be found on the gov.uk
If your course (or research) completion date is postponed or delayed for more than 3
calendar months, or there are any changes to the course contents (or the research
proposal), you must apply for a new ATAS certificate within 28 calendar days, and must
provide a print-out of the new certificate to your institution promptly.
214. There is no limit on the number of hours you can study or level of course, provided this
does not interfere with the job you have been sponsored to do. You can study anywhere
you choose and you do not have to study with a sponsor registered under Tier 4 of the
points-based system.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Nimisha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Nimisha » Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:39 pm

Thanks for the reply. I wonder if it is ok to apply for tier 2 without cancelling tier 4 before.will the home office be asking an course completion.
Another option I'm thinking about is do I need to cancel my current sponsorship of tier 4 and to apply for tier 2during the curtailment leave

Nimisha
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by Nimisha » Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:08 pm

If Iam discontinuing the course do I need to inform the university and obtain curtailment leave before applying tier 2 or can I directly apply for tier 2 without having a curtailment leave.. because my Tier 4 is valid till November. . Any suggestions please

CR002
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CR002 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:46 am

You can study once you get tier 2 visa but before getting tier 2 visa you need to complete your current course. Without any course completion letter or completed degree you can’t switch your visa.