ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Dependent visa for a van der elst visa holder

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

arunkumar.ireland
Newly Registered

Dependent visa for a van der elst visa holder

Post by arunkumar.ireland » Sat May 10, 2008 8:29 am

All,
I am an Indian national (Software professional) and my MNC employer is planning to send me to Ireland to service our client. I have a valid UK work permit and a visa stamped and my wife too has a valid dependent UK visa. To make my trip to Ireland quicker, my employer plans to send me to UK (transfer to the UK branch of my employer), make me stay there for about a month while my van der elst visa is processed and then send me to Ireland. My wife who is employed in India cant accompany me to UK and we thought we can get her dependent visa processed once I reach Ireland which will also give her time to serve her notice period with her current employer.

But I was told that its hard to process a dependent visa for a van der elst visa holder while the spouse is in India. So my employer wants me to take my wife when i go to UK and get our van der elst (and the dependent visa) processed in one shot and then move to Ireland. practically this is not possible as my wife cant join me immediately.

The alternative what I was told is: Once I reach Ireland on my van der visa, I'll have to apply for an Irish WP (or convert my van der to WP if thats possible) while I work in Ireland and once my WP is through, my wife has to apply for her dependent visa based on my WP and then join me in Ireland.

I know this situation is complex. But can any one please advise me
1) Is it not possible to process a dependent spouse visa for my wife from India based on my van der elst visa considering that she has a dependent UK visa

2) If option 1 is not possible, then how easy is it to convert my van der to Irish WP while I work in Ireland. can any one suggest me the timescale for this

3) Is there any other option I can try

Thanks in advance