ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse visa accommodation

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

wodinsrage
Canada

Spouse visa accommodation

Post by wodinsrage » Tue Jul 24, 2018 11:18 pm

Hello

I have a question concerning accommodation requirement I moved into a new place 3 weeks ago. It is a house and I rent one of the rooms for me and my wife whom I will be applying a spouse visa for. Before I moved in I asked the landlord if she agrees to give me a letter, she said that it would be fine, but it turned out she is not the actual landlord and she has rented the house from an agency for the last 20 years. I mentioned to her that I 'll need the letter from the agency but she is not willing to do that but she says she can give me a tenancy agreement between her and I and letter from her. She also receives council tax bill in her name but as I said she does not want to go through agency. So, my question is, is it okay to put letter from her in the application with a copy of the council tax bill in her name, as well as an accommodation survey, or should I move out since I do not want to take a risk for my wife visa application. Much appreciated all your help, thanks!

vinny

Re: Spouse visa accommodation

Post by vinny » Wed Jul 25, 2018 6:33 am

Ask to see her rental agreement. You are okay, if it permits her to sublease the accommodation.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

wodinsrage
Canada

Re: Spouse visa accommodation

Post by wodinsrage » Sun Jul 29, 2018 1:49 am

Thank you for your advice.