ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

applying for tier 1 in a couple of hrs -but stumped

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

nervoustimes
Newly Registered

applying for tier 1 in a couple of hrs -but stumped

Post by nervoustimes » Sat May 10, 2008 10:34 am

Hi All,

I am applying for tier 1(general)..pls help me out with this query

I am claiming the Indian salry for the first two months

ie May 07-June 07 and UK salary for the next 10 months

for the firast two months --total gross -60000 rs(app)*0.01260(excange rate sas per oanda) = XXX pounds

for the remaining 10 months --total gross --25000 pounds

so total amt = 25000+ XXX = is that right ..the query is do i have to apply uplift ratio for the Indian salary for the first two months. ie multiply XXX* 5.3 and then add it with 25000..pls pls help..

pls help

i thot of sending my application in today but am really confused...

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Sat May 10, 2008 10:49 am

Hi,

Please use the online tool. Once you give them the conversion rate it would uplift the salary for you.

In you case -

First 2 months = 60000 * 0.01260 = 756 GBP (* 5.3 (the tool would take care of this)) = 4006.8 (Equivalent UK earnings)

Earnings = 25000

----------------------------

Total = 25000 + 4006.8 = 29006.8
You have just made it into 30 points!
All the best

collshani
Newly Registered

Re: applying for tier 1 in a couple of hrs -but stumped

Post by collshani » Mon May 12, 2008 7:23 am

nervoustimes wrote:Hi All,

for the firast two months --total gross -60000 rs(app)*0.01260(excange rate sas per oanda) = XXX pounds

so total amt = 25000+ XXX = is that right ..the query is do i have to apply uplift ratio for the Indian salary for the first two months. ie multiply XXX* 5.3 and then add it with 25000..pls pls help..

pls help

Dear Nervous
Simply u have to prove and convince them abt the prorata basis, that y they should consider your 10 months salary. You have to provide them previous 2 months salary slips+10 months salary slips. but they will consider your 10 months x 12 /10 as a elongated period. so u have to provide calculation for 10 months that is already in Pounds. By the this is the criteria for Old HSMP I hope it wud be the same for TIER 1.

Regards,

Shani

hussainkothari
Member of Standing

Post by hussainkothari » Mon May 12, 2008 9:22 am

Hi collshani,

HSMP and Tier1 rules are not the same for prev earnings. In t1 the pro rata calculations are not considered under any circumstances. Please read the guidance notes.

nervoustimes, you will have to show both the earnings. convert INR into GBP using conversion rate from oanda and then use the uplift ratio. add this to GBP earnings and show the total. Please use the online tool as well.

simar

Re: applying for tier 1 in a couple of hrs -but stumped

Post by simar » Mon May 12, 2008 9:32 am

nervoustimes wrote:Hi All,

pls help

extra excitment is not need of our. They day in your hand your have either of two
P60 with salary shown above what needs
or
Form16 with salarty shown above what needs

Then apply.
pro rate etc is not so easy to get.

rajesh9pl
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by rajesh9pl » Tue May 13, 2008 8:39 am

hussainkothari wrote:Hi collshani,

HSMP and Tier1 rules are not the same for prev earnings. In t1 the pro rata calculations are not considered under any circumstances. Please read the guidance notes.

nervoustimes, you will have to show both the earnings. convert INR into GBP using conversion rate from oanda and then use the uplift ratio. add this to GBP earnings and show the total. Please use the online tool as well.
I endorse above comments. T1 does not support Pro rata, as per guidelines uplift and conversion should be used. Country band should be choosen where one lived/worked longer.

Good luck!.