ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Apply for the Tier 2 (General) visa with a dependant child

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

msjiao
Newly Registered
China

Apply for the Tier 2 (General) visa with a dependant child

Post by msjiao » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:33 am

Hello all,

I plan to apply for the Tier 2 (General) visa with my daughter as a Tier 2 dependant, but my husband will not apply at the same time. Since this is not the common case for other families, I am trying to see if there is any problem with this plan. Even though reading through the visa application guidance for both Tier 2 migrants and Tier 2 dependants, I don’t find anything that doesn’t allow this, I want to make sure by listening to your feedbacks.

Has anyone ever applied for the Tier 2 (General) visa with a dependant child but without spouse? What is the outcome?

Thank you in advance,
Jiao

msjiao
Newly Registered
China

Re: Apply for the Tier 2 (General) visa with a dependant child

Post by msjiao » Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:04 am

Hello again,

When I looked deeper, I found that this plan was indeed problematic, and my child's application would be refused according to 319H.(f).

I am wondering what can satisfy this requirement:
(iii) there are serious or compelling family or other considerations which would make it desirable not to refuse the application and suitable arrangements have been made in the UK for the applicant’s care.

Is there anyone who has experience about this?

Many thanks,
Jiao

gunjam
Newly Registered

Post by gunjam » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:55 pm

Hi Jiao,

I am in the exact similar situation now, I intend to apply with my 18 month old son and father will be applying later. In my case it is because father is already in UK on business visa for 4 weeks and will apply dependent visa after coming back.
Did you end up applying with your child? what was the outcome? Appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Gunja

msjiao
Newly Registered
China

Post by msjiao » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:08 am

Hi Gunja,

I decided to apply for the whole family (me, my husband and child) at the same time. We haven't received the outcome yet, hopefully everything goes well.

Thanks,
Jiao

ratstar77
Newly Registered
Philippines

Post by ratstar77 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 8:56 pm

Hi Jiao, I'm in a similar situation and I wish to ask about the progress of your application. Thanks

msjiao
Newly Registered
China

Post by msjiao » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:22 pm

Hi,

Just to let you know that our visas have been approved. Best wishes to you guys too.

Thanks,
Jiao

HamzaCosmos
Newly Registered
Algeria

Post by HamzaCosmos » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:12 pm

Hi Jiao,
I am in your situation (me and my wife), could you send me please here or on my email "email address removed by moderator" the link to the list of all the required documents ? is it possible to book a same appointment bor us both ? thanks so much

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:25 pm

HamzaCosmos wrote:
Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:12 pm
Hi Jiao,
I am in your situation (me and my wife), could you send me please here or on my email "email address removed by moderator" the link to the list of all the required documents ? is it possible to book a same appointment bor us both ? thanks so much
I strongly suggest you read the forum rules about posting any form of personal contact information.

Also useful to start your own topic with your circumstances and question rather than tagging onto another members thread.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.