ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

IELTS skills life VS NARIC for spouse visa

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: IELTS skills life VS NARIC for spouse visa

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:42 am

Katie_France wrote:
Fri Jul 27, 2018 9:24 pm
Tests at higher level than required

Page 11-12
yes you are right that B1 test can replace the need of A1 test as an alternative because it is higher in level and even meet the ILR & British citizenship requirement. But one more dilemma still unresolved about it that whether will it be unacceptable after its 2 years of expiry or will remain acceptable in next extension application. As per following home office guidance under Under paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE previous english test remains valid. Whether spouse visa entry clearance/extension falls under Under paragraph 32D of Appendix FM-SE.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... n_1.21.pdf
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Jul 29, 2018 12:31 pm

Seagul,

Very reasonable question, because I don’t think that English can deteriorate within 2.5 years, living in the English speaking country. However I think it is another money-making story.

As per the experience of my friends, who had T2 visas and family visas, they were to pass the exam every other time again, because the test is valid for 2 years only.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Jul 29, 2018 3:50 pm

I still guess that unless there is a massive change takes place e.g A2 invented in place of A1 at extension if higher level of English test already be passed then it will remain valid subsequently even it gets expire.
On the other hand i also think that once they change ielts test version then they also change the NARIC route too like blue/red route.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

Katie_France
Russia

Post by Katie_France » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:33 pm

How do you think the NARIC route can be changed? It is already red route now for immigration purposes, as far as I know.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:16 pm

Katie_France wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:33 pm
How do you think the NARIC route can be changed? It is already red route now for immigration purposes, as far as I know.
Correct
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.