ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quickest way to get a passport for my 8 year old son

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vinz420
Philippines

Quickest way to get a passport for my 8 year old son

Post by vinz420 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:02 am

Hi! I'm sure I can speak for everyone when say that this forum has been the most helpful tool I've had for immigration queries and has possibly saved me tonnes of money on legal advice etc so thank you THANK YOU!

After almost a year of battling the UKVI visa that my son was declined for and waiting for another few months for his British citizenship (under Section 3(2)), we have now finally received his certificate of registration! :shock: I have noticed under the forum thread on application timelines that everyone seems to be getting a passport as well together with their application form for British registration - can you kindly inform me if we are able to get one quickly as well please? My son is in the Philippines at the moment and if the application is made from there, it can take up to 16 weeks according to the Home Office website (despite the fact that I am submitting the application from Hampshire since I have all the documents with me)!

A normal passport only takes a week to process and receive if applied from within the country - am I not able to achieve such service with my son's application? I haven't seen him for nearly a year now and would really love my family to be together really :cry: :cry: :cry:

Thank you in advance for any help you may have.

Roxanne27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Quickest way to get a passport for my 8 year old son

Post by Roxanne27 » Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:40 pm

hi
i would like to ask, if how did u manage to book for a biometric appointment? which VFS office? as im stuck in booking my daughter for an appointment. Ive been emailing theUKVI and still no reply. Hope u can help me.thanks in advance

vinz420
Philippines

Post by vinz420 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am

Roxanne27 wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:40 pm
hi
i would like to ask, if how did u manage to book for a biometric appointment? which VFS office? as im stuck in booking my daughter for an appointment. Ive been emailing theUKVI and still no reply. Hope u can help me.thanks in advance
Hi! My son is currently in the Philippines so his VFS is also based there (Makati City). We received the biometric appointment through a request via email from the UKVI. Are you applying for a Visa I assume? Which stage are you on so far or what stages have you gone through so far?

Roxanne27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Roxanne27 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 am

Hi
Im still waiting for the reply from UKVI.Ive received the biometric letter last 24th May and i couldnt book an appointment. ukvi no rply till today. Thats why im so worried. my last option is to go walk in appointment either cebu or manila VFS. or should i wait for there appointment letter?
my application is the MN1 s1(3)..

vinz420
Philippines

Post by vinz420 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:58 pm

Roxanne27 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 am
Hi
Im still waiting for the reply from UKVI.Ive received the biometric letter last 24th May and i couldnt book an appointment. ukvi no rply till today. Thats why im so worried. my last option is to go walk in appointment either cebu or manila VFS. or should i wait for there appointment letter?
Yes you need a letter (and a reference number) from UKVI to be able to get a biometrics appointment. It's a sit and wait game with them unfortunately but they are far more efficient at processing British citizenships rather than their completely atrocious Visa department. The MN1 application I believe is supposed to take 6 months but ours only took 3 months (over Chris as period as well so that's a bonus).

vinz420
Philippines

Post by vinz420 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:01 pm

Roxanne27 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:18 am
Hi
Oh wait did UKVI email you asking for the applicant's biometrics? If so, you can call VFS Manila (hard to get through to someone though) or do what my wife did, she just walked in without an appointment and politely requested biometrics and she brought all relevant paperwork and she was able to get our son his biometrics taken!

Roxanne27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Roxanne27 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:23 pm

so i did emailed them how many times and replied to me that theyve forwarded my case to ukvi technical team. until now im still waiting to them. do u mean ur wife did the walk in appointment in manila? without the appintment letter?

vinz420
Philippines

Post by vinz420 » Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:09 pm

Roxanne27 wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:23 pm
so i did emailed them how many times and replied to me that theyve forwarded my case to ukvi technical team. until now im still waiting to them. do u mean ur wife did the walk in appointment in manila? without the appintment letter?
Unfortunately their email support is not the greatest. Just to confirm - are you applying for a Visa or British citizenship?

Roxanne27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Roxanne27 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:59 am

overseas british citizenship.. Did ur wife pay the 4000php? for walk in appointment.

Roxanne27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Roxanne27 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:10 am

application of my daughter is the british overseas citizenship.

vinz420
Philippines

Post by vinz420 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:55 am

Roxanne27 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:10 am
application of my daughter is the british overseas citizenship.
oh sorry. OK. We didn't have to pay for anything else other than the British citizenship application fee (around £1300?).

Roxanne27
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Roxanne27 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm

and also may i know what time did ur wife went in vfs manila for biometric? as far as i know theres a timeslot when theyre going to entertain the walk in appointmrnt.
thank you

vinz420
Philippines

Post by vinz420 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 1:54 pm

Roxanne27 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:49 pm
and also may i know what time did ur wife went in vfs manila for biometric? as far as i know theres a timeslot when theyre going to entertain the walk in appointmrnt.
thank you
Sorry for the very late reply, I was busy over the weekend. She went there first thing in the morning (apparently there's a cafeteria next to VFS anyway).

Good luck to you and your son's application!

Chesky13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chesky13 » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:10 pm

hi
just want to ask, after receiving the certificate of registration what is next step to do? how to apply the british passport as my daughter is also in philippines. Thank you

vinz420
Philippines

Post by vinz420 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 5:32 am

Hi!

Next step is just getting her a British Passport. They say that officially, it can take up to 16 weeks but my son's passport only took 6 weeks!

Good luck to you and hopefully you guys will be reunited soon too!

Chesky13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chesky13 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:30 pm

thank you.
if u dont mind me asking, how much did u pay for the passport?

Chesky13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chesky13 » Sat Jul 28, 2018 7:36 pm

Did u apply the passport online here in uk?if you do, did u submit also the philippine passport? im bit confused.

yashp
Newly Registered
India

Post by yashp » Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:23 pm

Hi ,
I am also in the same scenario, was unable to book an appointment so just went in for a walk in appointment in VFS India, and have got the certificate as well but now to wait for another 16 weeks for passport application is a lot.
So do you know if i can apply his passport for UK , is that acceptable
Or
If he can travel back to UK with the certificate on Indian passport
Any help is much appreciated
Thanks
Yash

secret.simon

Post by secret.simon » Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:54 pm

yashp wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 6:23 pm
If he can travel back to UK with the certificate on Indian passport
A registration certificate is not a travel document and it is likely that the airline and the Indian immigration authorities will not let the child board the plane.

Also be aware that first passport applications from the Indian sub-continent can take between 6 months to a year.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice. E&OE. Please do not PM me for advice.

Chesky13
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Chesky13 » Sun Oct 14, 2018 10:43 pm

hi
im still waiting for my child’s overseas first passport. its already 4weeks since my interview in london.