ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Bank statement/payslip question - 28 days

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Bank statement/payslip question - 28 days

Post by EastLondoner » Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:18 pm

Hi all,

Firstly, thank you to you all for all the incredibly helpful posts on here.

Secondly, I know this topic has been done to death, but I am somewhat confused regarding the 28 day rule for bank statements/payslips.

I understand that both my payslips (they are now e-copies, so will need to get them printed and signed at work) and bank statements cannot be older than 28 days before the online submission is made. I hope I'm correct in this!

My question relates to when my wife should submit the online application.

My bank statements arrive every 3 months around the 18th-22nd of the month.
I get paid and receive an online payslip on the 24th of each month.

We intend to apply in October as soon as my payslips arrive and I can send them to her.

When my 3 month bank statement arrives in October it will obviously only have the previous month's pay on it (September 24th 2018).

My question is: Should she wait to submit the online application until I receive my payslips in England (which will be very close to the 28 deadline for the payslips)

OR

Would it be feasible to submit the online application much earlier in the month (early October) - closer to my September payslip, but before the bank statements arrive?

I hope this makes some sense!

Thanks all!

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Re: Bank statement/payslip question - 28 days

Post by arfinkhan128 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:58 am

Do not submit your online application before you receive your latest payslip that you are are relying on to meet the financial requirement at any state. ECO will disregard it and not count it towards the requirement.

Once you receive your latest payslip, check your bank statement that you receive every three months to see if the pay is in it. If not you can get an up to date bank statement from your local branch that you bank with.

submit your online application and complete the process within 28days.

As your Payslip’s are electronic you don’t need to get them signed one by one you can just get a letter from your employer signed by a senior stating that your Payslip’s from the periods provided are authentic and attach the letter on top of the payslip bundle.

If your statements are online print outs please get them stamped by your bank if they still do stamp as some banks don’t anymore or else you can ask your bank for a letter stating the periods and that they are authentic and signed.

Hope this is helpful.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:33 am

Hi Arfin,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Very helpful.

Sorry, I made an error in my original post - it should have read:

My question is: Should she wait to submit the online application until I receive my BANK STATEMENT in England (which will be very close to the 28 deadline for the payslips)

OR

Would it be feasible to submit the online application much earlier in the month (early October) - closer to my September payslip, but before the bank statements arrive?

I will definitely have my final payslip (which will be dated 24th September 2018), but the query is around the bank statements - which won't arrive until sometime between the 18th-22nd of October.

My concern is that this date range is very close to the 28 day cut off point for the previous month's payslip.

As such would we be able to submit the online application on the 14th October, for example, (after receiving the payslip, but prior to the bank statements arriving)? This would clearly be within the 28 day limit.

Obviously by the time my wife has to send off all the forms/documents - the bank statements would have arrived.

Or is this still a no-no!?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:47 am

EastLondoner wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:33 am
Hi Arfin,

Thank you for taking the time to respond. Very helpful.

Sorry, I made an error in my original post - it should have read:

My question is: Should she wait to submit the online application until I receive my BANK STATEMENT in England (which will be very close to the 28 deadline for the payslips)

OR

I will definitely have my final payslip (which will be dated 24th September 2018), but the query is around the bank statements - which won't arrive until sometime between the 18th-22nd of October.

My concern is that this date range is very close to the 28 day cut off point for the previous month's payslip.

As such would we be able to submit the online application on the 14th October, for example, (after receiving the payslip, but prior to the bank statements arriving)? This would clearly be within the 28 day limit.

Obviously by the time my wife has to send off all the forms/documents - the bank statements would have arrived.

Or is this still a no-no!?
You still got the time so in my opinion you should change the frequency & date of your bank statement from now which takes less than 1 minutes in branch. While doing that you select such date of bank statement which matches your payslips dates. You can even gets the last 1-3 months statements instantly in branch which they can print & sign in branch. Preferably don't submit the documents including bank statements which bear the date after the application.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:27 pm

Cheers Seagul - will try go to the bank and try and see if I can get the dates of the statements changed.

(they are being difficult about printing and signing the statements in the branch, hence my reliance on the official statements that come every three months)

Incidentally, I've noticed that my bank statements are not actually dated, rather they show the period that they cover (ie July 13th 2018 to October 13th 2018).

Worse case scenario and I can't change the dates the statements are sent out - I assume we could submit the online application anytime after the 14th October?

Sorry to go on about this - lots of stress!

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:11 pm

You are over thinking. As advised earlier that since you got time, so simply go to your bank and change the frequency (from 3 months to 1 month statement) & the statement date which you can even choose the following day of your pay day.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

EastLondoner
United Kingdom

Post by EastLondoner » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:54 pm

Thank you Seagul, yes, overthinking is my problem!!