ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

30 Day Vignette Multiple Entry

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Rad28
Bahrain

30 Day Vignette Multiple Entry

Post by Rad28 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:52 pm

Hi All,

My wife just applied for a UK Tier 2 Dependant visa which was successful.

She got a vignette sticker valid from 26 August until 25 September.

The vignette says multiple entry.

The accompanying letter says we need to pick up the BRP from 02 September.

My question is:

We are planning on arriving to the UK on 26 August, travelling for holiday on 28 August, and returning again to the UK on 12 September. These dates are still within the limits of the 30 day vignette. As her BRP says its ready from 02 september (after our intended travel from UK), Can she enter the second time to the UK on 12 September with the 30 day vignette and then collect her BRP card?

Your response is highly appreciated.

Rad28
Bahrain

Re: 30 Day Vignette Multiple Entry

Post by Rad28 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:48 pm

I saw on a previous post by CASA the following:

<quote> "I stand corrected.
"What happens if the customer needs to travel (out of the UK) before they have collected their
BRP?
The customer can use their 30 day short validity (travel) vignette for multiple entries until it has
expired, but they need to be aware that they will not be able to return to the UK once the vignette
has expired and they would then have to apply for a new short validity (travel) vignette."

However, this is a tricky one, as the holder is required to collect their BRP in the UK within 10 days of the entry stamp." <quote>

So my wife's visa acceptance letter says "Collect your BRP once you’re in the UK. You must do this before your vignette expires or within 10 days of arriving in the UK, whichever is later."

In this case, the vignette expiration is later so will she be able to e re-enter the UK the second time without her BRP but before the the 30 day vignette expires and then collect her BRP?

Can any of the moderators please comment on this?

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:04 pm

CR001? Case? Vinny?

Did anyone come across this before?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:05 pm

Presumably if it says multiple entry then there is no issue in traveling.

Suggest once in the UK, see if BRP card is ready for collection, they often are.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:15 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:05 pm
Presumably if it says multiple entry then there is no issue in traveling.

Suggest once in the UK, see if BRP card is ready for collection, they often are.
Thanks CR001. We will need to travel 2 days after landing in the UK so we will need to check the post office 1 day after we first land. In the case that it is not ready, I was thinking that we can go ahead with our travels without the BRP as the vignette is still a valid multiple entry visa and no where in the letter does it say that we can't use it twice.

I really hope my understanding of this is correct as I don't want my wife to have any issues with the immigration officers

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:16 pm

Should be fine but make sure you return to the UK before the 30 days visa expires.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:19 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:16 pm
Should be fine but make sure you return to the UK before the 30 days visa expires.
Yes we're planning to return to the UK 2 weeks before the 30 days visa expires so I hope we don't have any issues. Thanks again!

Rad28
Bahrain

Post by Rad28 » Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:03 am

Hi All,

This is an update on this topic.

My wife has successfully entered the UK twice before collecting her BRP. The 30 day visa was valid from 26/08/2018 to 25/09/2018. She entered the first time on 26/08/2018 and the second time on 12/09/2018. She collected her BRP today on 13/09/2018.

On the second entry to the UK, the immigration officer just asked nicely if she has the BRP. We said we'll collect it soon, and that was it.

Before we travelled, we called UKVI (on the number that costs £1.37 a minute) and the person told us that my wife CANNOT enter the UK twice on that visa and she needs to collect her BRP before re-entry. The UKVI officer was quite adamant that once the 30 day vignette was stamped, the visa was cancelled and we need to use the BRP for next entry (despite me mentioning that the visa states that it's multiple entry). So for the second time now, I have paid for this service and received wrong advice from the UKVI (the supposedly "trusted source").

So a word of advice for everyone, don't waste your money calling or emailing the UKVI. I have received much more reliable knowledge from this forum.

Casa
United Kingdom

Post by Casa » Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:17 pm

Rad28 wrote:
Thu Sep 13, 2018 11:03 am
Hi All,

This is an update on this topic.

My wife has successfully entered the UK twice before collecting her BRP. The 30 day visa was valid from 26/08/2018 to 25/09/2018. She entered the first time on 26/08/2018 and the second time on 12/09/2018. She collected her BRP today on 13/09/2018.

On the second entry to the UK, the immigration officer just asked nicely if she has the BRP. We said we'll collect it soon, and that was it.

Before we travelled, we called UKVI (on the number that costs £1.37 a minute) and the person told us that my wife CANNOT enter the UK twice on that visa and she needs to collect her BRP before re-entry. The UKVI officer was quite adamant that once the 30 day vignette was stamped, the visa was cancelled and we need to use the BRP for next entry (despite me mentioning that the visa states that it's multiple entry). So for the second time now, I have paid for this service and received wrong advice from the UKVI (the supposedly "trusted source").

So a word of advice for everyone, don't waste your money calling or emailing the UKVI. I have received much more reliable knowledge from this forum.
You weren't speaking with a UKVI officer. The Home Office outsource the 'help line' service and this is manned by agency staff with very limited knowledge of the Immigration Rules. :idea:
(Casa, not CR001)
Please don't send me PMs asking for immigration advice on posts that are on the open forum. If I haven't responded there, it's because I don't have the answer. I'm a moderator, not a legal professional.