ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Short trip to North Ireland without re entry visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ekpotek
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Crossing the land boarder between ROI and NI by Bus

Post by ekpotek » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:52 pm

I have Temporary stamp 4 residence permit for Ireland. I intent to travel by bus from Dublin to Belfast for sightseeing and back. Is there a possibility of meeting immigration on both side of the border between ROI and NI? I also have a UK valid visa.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Crossing the land boarder between ROI and NI by Bus

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:01 pm

Thought you were a British citizen when you posted in June???

ireland/permitted-family-member-of-unio ... l#p1645481
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Mal111
Member of Standing
Mood:
India

Post by Mal111 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:02 pm

if you have a valid UK visa then what's ur worry if there is or not any immigration checkS?
technically you can visit both countries.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Thu Jul 05, 2018 2:51 pm

If you have a Stamp 4 for Ireland and a valid UK visa you shouldn’t worry about meeting immigration at the border between the two countries, I heard about random checks a couple of years ago but if you are legal there is no issue.

Are you a visa required national to enter Ireland? Do you also have a reentry visa for Ireland? Make sure you apply for one if you don't have it already before you leave the country!
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

ekpotek
Newly Registered
Mood:
Nigeria

Short trip to North Ireland without re entry visa

Post by ekpotek » Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:44 pm

I have a valid UK visa and temporary permission to stay in Ireland till March 2019 while my application for stamp 4 is under consideration. I want to take a short visit to Belfast. Is it safe to cross the border by Bus/train from Dublin and return without a re entry visa?

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Re: Short trip to North Ireland without re entry visa

Post by max307 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:05 pm

ekpotek wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:44 pm
I have a valid UK visa and temporary permission to stay in Ireland till March 2019 while my application for stamp 4 is under consideration. I want to take a short visit to Belfast. Is it safe to cross the border by Bus/train from Dublin and return without a re entry visa?
We have answered this question already, did you get a chance to review your previous post?

ireland/crossing-the-land-boarder-betwe ... l#p1654357
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Short trip to North Ireland without re entry visa

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:07 pm

max307 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:05 pm
ekpotek wrote:
Sun Jul 29, 2018 5:44 pm
We have answered this question already, did you get a chance to review your previous post?

ireland/crossing-the-land-boarder-betwe ... l#p1654357
Topics now merged!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.