ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

AN1 Application - Documents List

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kawshik84

AN1 Application - Documents List

Post by kawshik84 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm

Hi,

I am trying to decide what documents I need to send along with my application for Naturalization (AN1). I am thinking of including the following:
  • Previous passports (3)
  • Letters confirming employment for the past 6 years [Period on Tier 2 + Subsequent 1 year].
  • NI + Tax confirmation from HMRC obtained through SAR for 4 years before the last 6 years. This is in response to the question where the form asks for last 10 years of employment history. I don't think I can get letters for those nor do I have any Payslips for that period. I was studying during those 4 years.
  • Payslips and P60s for most of the past 6 years. May not have the latest ones but have ones covering the Tier 2 period.
  • Life in the UK pass certificate
  • BSc, MSc and PhD Certificates
  • Marriage certificate although my wife is not applying and hasn't got her ILR yet.

By the way, I got my ILR last on 12 July 2017 after spending 5 years on Tier 2 (General)

I wanted to know:
  • If I have missed any documents that need to be added.
  • How important is it to show full coverage of employment using documents? If required, I will find a way to get the documentation. Is last 5/6 years sufficient?
  • Is there any advantage of applying for NCS? or NCD?
  • What would be the quickest way of getting a passport, can I do thinks to make things run quicker?
  • Do I need to include a bank or financial documents? I would rather not provide anything that is not required.

Thank you in advance and apologies if these questions have already been answered.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: AN1 Application - Documents List

Post by CR001 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:02 pm

kawshik84 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi,

I am trying to decide what documents I need to send along with my application for Naturalization (AN1). I am thinking of including the following:
  • Previous passports (3)
  • Letters confirming employment for the past 6 years [Period on Tier 2 + Subsequent 1 year]. Not needed
  • NI + Tax confirmation from HMRC obtained through SAR for 4 years before the last 6 years. This is in response to the question where the form asks for last 10 years of employment history. I don't think I can get letters for those nor do I have any Payslips for that period. I was studying during those 4 years. You don't need letters or payslips.
  • Payslips and P60s for most of the past 6 years. May not have the latest ones but have ones covering the Tier 2 period. Not needed
  • BSc, MSc and PhD Certificates You only need ONE degree, not all three. Are any of them a UK degree??
  • Marriage certificate although my wife is not applying and hasn't got her ILR yet. Not needed

By the way, I got my ILR last on 12 July 2017 after spending 5 years on Tier 2 (General)

I wanted to know:
  • How important is it to show full coverage of employment using documents? If required, I will find a way to get the documentation. Is last 5/6 years sufficient? Employment is NOT mandatory for citizenship.
  • Is there any advantage of applying for NCS? or NCD? Yes you get to keep your original documents. Are you using paper form or online form??
  • What would be the quickest way of getting a passport, can I do thinks to make things run quicker? Apply using NDRS joint citizenship/passport application.
  • Do I need to include a bank or financial documents? I would rather not provide anything that is not required. No!

Thank you in advance and apologies if these questions have already been answered.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kawshik84

Post by kawshik84 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:02 pm
kawshik84 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:54 pm
Hi,

• Previous passports (3)
  • Letters confirming employment for the past 6 years [Period on Tier 2 + Subsequent 1 year]. Not needed
  • NI + Tax confirmation from HMRC obtained through SAR for 4 years before the last 6 years. This is in response to the question where the form asks for last 10 years of employment history. I don't think I can get letters for those nor do I have any Payslips for that period. I was studying during those 4 years. You don't need letters or payslips.
  • Payslips and P60s for most of the past 6 years. May not have the latest ones but have ones covering the Tier 2 period. Not needed
  • BSc, MSc and PhD Certificates You only need ONE degree, not all three. Are any of them a UK degree??
  • Marriage certificate although my wife is not applying and hasn't got her ILR yet. Not needed

I wanted to know:
  • How important is it to show full coverage of employment using documents? If required, I will find a way to get the documentation. Is last 5/6 years sufficient? Employment is NOT mandatory for citizenship.
  • Is there any advantage of applying for NCS? or NCD? Yes you get to keep your original documents. Are you using paper form or online form??
  • What would be the quickest way of getting a passport, can I do thinks to make things run quicker? Apply using NDRS joint citizenship/passport application.
  • Do I need to include a bank or financial documents? I would rather not provide anything that is not required. No!

Thank you for your reply.

I was initially looking at applying using the paper form and the Nationality Document Checking service but now I am thinking of doing it online and attending a Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) as the application seems very straightforward and also allows me to do a joint application for Naturalization and Passport at the same time. Any thought here, please let me know.

All of my educations qualifications are from here (UK).

So, in other words, the only documents that I need to send are:
  • Passports
  • Life in the UK Pass Certificate
  • PhD Certificate
  • References (within the application)
  • Photographs
Regarding criminal convictions, the guidance says that I should include driving offences. I got a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) from the police for going through a red light in July 2010. I also have a Penalty Charge Notice from the Council for taking a right turn where I shouldn't have in 2016. Do I need to include these in the form? Or should I ignore them? If I am to include them, I am not sure if the second one counts. Please advise.

I also understand that I must have been physically present in the UK exactly 5 years prior to my application.

Please let me know if I have missed anything or if there are any catches I should be aware of.

Thanks

epi
United Kingdom

Post by epi » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:43 pm

List of documents vary depending on whether you are EU or non-EU citizen. If you applied online you would get the list of documents required in your case.

kawshik84

Post by kawshik84 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 pm

I am a non-eu applicant, got ILR via 5 year Tier 2. Could you please confirm the list of required documents?

Ancestor
South Africa

Post by Ancestor » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:05 pm

kawshik84 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 pm
I am a non-eu applicant, got ILR via 5 year Tier 2. Could you please confirm the list of required documents?
As what CR001 answered and stated below which is also explained in the AN guide.

When you complete the Online Form it will present you with a list of required documents which will be in line with this.

epi
United Kingdom

Post by epi » Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:06 am

kawshik84 wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:55 pm
- All original passports confirming your stay in the UK for 5years +, including the first entry stamp for immigration purposes
- UK degree to confirm language skills
- Life in the UK
- BRP (ILR)
- References

That is pretty much it.

kawshik84

Post by kawshik84 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:31 am

Regarding criminal convictions, the guidance says that I should include driving offences. I got a Fixed Penalty Notice (FPN) from the police for going through a red light in July 2010. I also have a Penalty Charge Notice (PCN) from the Council for taking a right turn where I shouldn't have in 2016.

The FPN is a driving offense as it constituted 3 points on my license. The second one is just a fine and has no implication on thr driving license.

Do I need to include these in the form? Or should I ignore them? If I am to include them, I am not sure if the second one counts. Please advise.