ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

criminal conviction (Traffic Offense)

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

vamsi96
Newly Registered
India

criminal conviction (Traffic Offense)

Post by vamsi96 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:35 pm

Hi All,

A week ago, I was convicted of a traffic offense. (AC10: Failing to stop after an accident. I did not leave my details after bumping into a car in a supermarket parking. It was a very minor brush on my car which I realised only later. They charged me because of a witness. The owner of the car himself never claimed on my insurance afterwards). Court gave me 5 points on my license and 120£ fine.

I had my Tier 2 visa extended till Nov 2020 in the end of May this year. Now, I sent a Change of Circumstances Form to UKVI mentioning the above traffic offense.

Just wondering if this is going to cause any trouble, like my visa being curtailed??

Thanks,

Krishna

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: criminal conviction (Traffic Offense)

Post by equitydealer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 pm

If you can’t notice a minor prang with another vehicle that’s a bit worrying, you shouldn’t be on the road. Hopefully I won’t get to park next to you in a car park. :shock:

Luckily for you, your conviction shouldn’t curtail your visa or impact your future ILR application as the case is settled, unless you continue collecting points and get disqualified.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

vamsi96
Newly Registered
India

Post by vamsi96 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:28 pm

equitydealer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:50 pm
If you can’t notice a minor prang with another vehicle that’s a bit worrying, you shouldn’t be on the road. Hopefully I won’t get to park next to you in a car park. :shock:

Luckily for you, your conviction shouldn’t curtail your visa or impact your future ILR application as the case is settled, unless you continue collecting points and get disqualified.
Thanks for your reply. I guess, mistakes happen and it was so minor, it's barely noticeable. Also, thanks for your kind words & judgement. The courts have already judged whether or not I could still be on the road.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:14 pm

If it was that minor a witness would not have seen it. Conviction rightfully deserved!
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

vaisakhamol
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Post by vaisakhamol » Sun Sep 23, 2018 2:08 pm

Hi Vamsi96,

Out of curiosity, did you her back from UKVI? is everything alright?

Thanks

LunaLunaLuna
Newly Registered
England

Post by LunaLunaLuna » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:28 pm

equitydealer wrote:
Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:14 pm
If it was that minor a witness would not have seen it. Conviction rightfully deserved!
Obviously you have nothing better to do than snipe on other people, your type of response is noting short of narcissistic and childish. A poster just asked a perfectly legitimate question and deserved a legitimate mature answer. As they mentioned they have already been judged by a court.

This forum seems to be full of patronising individuals who seem to relish in degrading and belittling others, such a shame.....