ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Re-Marriage after Divorce - Domestic

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re-Marriage after Divorce - Domestic

Post by mohansharma1 » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:18 pm

Hi,

I am a british citizen(Indian origin) got married to an indian citizen in Feb 2016. We separated in Feb 2017 when she had put a false claim on me that I slapped her which I never did. She did that to support her case through the Domestic violence route.

She eventually got her PR earlier this year and we got divorced last month on the basis of 1 year separation.

Now I am looking to get married again in India through family friends - The questions is would her spouse visa have any implication?

Mohan

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Re-Marriage after Divorce - Domestic

Post by equitydealer » Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:31 pm

No impact as long as you can show:

1) Timely notification to the UKVI that your relationship has broken down. Keep proof also of any correspondence you receive

2) A decree absolute
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

mohansharma1
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Re: Re-Marriage after Divorce - Domestic

Post by mohansharma1 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:50 am

Thanks.

Anyone with more insight or different views?