ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PEO appointment date confusion

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

PEO appointment date confusion

Post by babitha.srinivas » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:37 am

Hi all,
A bit confused here.. We managed to get a PEO appointment for me and my dependant son for 31st of August. We entered the UK on the 29th of September, which should mean we complete our 5 years in the country on the 28th of September.

Now the confusion is whether our appointment for 31st of August lies in the Eligibility period. The website says you have to apply within 28 days of being eligible for an ILR. I have tried rebooking for 1st week of August but in vain. Been trying everyday, every night.

Can anybody confirm if our appointment date is ok and we ll be eligible to apply.

TIA
Babitha

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

Re: PEO appointment date confusion

Post by babitha.srinivas » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:44 pm

Anyone? Please advice

Thanks

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:09 am

My view is that you complete 5 years as of the 29th September 2018 and not the 28th which would mean the earliest PSC appointment should be the 1st Sept :?: Happy to be corrected by a senior member/moderator

I’ve just checked and there are dozens of appointments available across the country - Croydon, Sheffield and Solihull to name but a few
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

Post by babitha.srinivas » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:41 am

Thanks for your reply. I m really looking to book an appointment in the first half of september. The appointments do show up but when u try to confirm, it says page cannot be displayed for some reason, no matter how quick i am or whether it is google chrome or IE. Its quite frustrating... I really hope it is the website and not something i am doing wrong.

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

Post by babitha.srinivas » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:20 am

Page cannot be displayed
There is a problem displaying this page - try again in a few minutes.

The problem should be fixed soon, so try again in a few moments

Go to GOV.UK

That is what happens when i try to confirm an appointment. Is it because the slot is taken, because when i return to look for another appointment, it still shows the same appointments as available and doesnt let me confirm and goes back to the same message as above

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:00 am

That’s a technical issue with their website. Clear cache, close your browser window and try again.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

Post by babitha.srinivas » Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:18 am

tried all the suggested methods, didnt work though appointments were available. Atlast cancelled the booked appointment after confirming that I ll get a full refund. Did a fresh PSC appointment application and just managed to book at my preferred centre. Will keep an eye for an earlier date. Thanks for the advice