ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Ireland advice

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Darthanakin
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Ireland advice

Post by Darthanakin » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:49 am

Hi ladies and gents, I'm hoping I could get some advice.
I am originally from England, I married my American wife in the US and due to the unreachable UK spouse requirements I had to stay in the US.

We really had our hearts set on moving to England then we found out about the Surinder Singh route.

I have studied the literature about it and it looks really scary, I mean even if we got to Ireland we could decide to just settle there, my question to you guys is... with brexit looming and the changes that will be made next year, is it worth us even attempting to try and make the jump to Ireland?

Sorry if I have posted on the wrong board, my head is spinning right now trying to work things out but if there is a 100% chance that we could get to Ireland I would try in a heartbeat.