ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Urgent help needed.

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

lexie
Newly Registered

Urgent help needed.

Post by lexie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:08 pm

I am from west Africa presently doing a masters degree programe in Russia.
During my last summer holiday i went to the Uk for visiting,the Visa officer gave me just four days because my resumption date was four days to the date of issue of the visa.
On getting to The Uk i decided to visit a friend in Belfast in four a day and later move over to visit my sister,but on getting to Belfats i was arrested by the immigration officer and told i dont have any bussiness doing in Belfast,i was issued a deportation order and something was wtitten with black pen in my passport 'ISISIA SERVED BY BELFAST'.
My question now is that i dont know the ipmlication of all these,i see myself as an innocent victim,i never meant to overstay even for a day in The Uk becasue i was with my return ticket but the immigration officers told me i used a verbal decipt to eneter the Uk.
Is it possible that an alert has been given on me to the SIS because the ISISIA sounds just like that,and if that is the case can i ever enter any other european union country,my fiancee is a Polish and she instisted that she can only live in Poland.if we are married what is my fate,can i live with her in Poland...please help me i am worried,i love my girl and dont want to loose her.
thanks in anticipation of your responces.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:21 pm

I don't see why a removal from the UK will have much implication, but it is something you need to take up with the polish authorities.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

lexie
Newly Registered

Post by lexie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:27 pm

VictoriaS wrote:I don't see why a removal from the UK will have much implication, but it is something you need to take up with the polish authorities.

Victoria
Thanks you very much for your quick responce,i wish so too but what gave me concern is that i read somewhere all the Shengen countries and the 1o assertions states including Uk and Ireland have a shared database of all persons removed from their contries,including failed assylum seekers and that such people are banned for ever entring any of the Shengen contries.
i am supposed to visit her in februare next year and by then Poland will be an active member of the shengen...so this is the reason why i am worried.
Anyway thank you very much for your reply.

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:30 pm

It was removal, not deportation, there is a big difference. Removal does not carry a blanket ban.

But he should not lie about this on the application.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

lexie
Newly Registered

Post by lexie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:36 pm

VictoriaS wrote:It was removal, not deportation, there is a big difference. Removal does not carry a blanket ban.

But he should not lie about this on the application.

Victoria
Once again thank you very much Victoria,i am beginning to feel relieved.But then i dont know the difference between the two,i mean Deportation and Removal,my passport was not stamped but rather something in black pen was written.
and what in the world does ISISIA mean?hope it has not render my passport useless for any future travell plan i might have.

Thanks a whole lot!!!!!

VictoriaS
inactive

Post by VictoriaS » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:41 pm

IS151A is the number for a notice of removal.

Victoria
Going..going...gone!

lexie
Newly Registered

Post by lexie » Mon Dec 10, 2007 1:43 pm

VictoriaS wrote:IS151A is the number for a notice of removal.

Victoria
Thanks a lot Victoria....you are the best!!!!

makanp
Newly Registered

Served with ISIA

Post by makanp » Fri May 09, 2008 12:22 pm

Hi victoria, I have the same issue with my passport as well.
The only reason why I stayed was because the home office had my passport for 2 years to make a decision on an application i submitted. But tired of them taking so long that when I asked to withdraw it, they gave it back to me and wrote "served with ISIA" with a black pen.

I think this is very unfair as it was their fault for taking so long.
Im currently in South Africa, and my girlfriend lives in London. I would eventually like to marry her but will this prevent me from going back up to the U.K.?

Administrator
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by Administrator » Sat May 10, 2008 1:55 pm

It will not necessarily prevent you ...

BUT -- your application process may become more difficult as immigration will now likely examine all details of your applications much more carefully due to your previous history.

When did this happen ..? The amount of time that passes can have an effect.

Further, if you are serious about marriage, you best & fastest route in the UK would be for her to visit you in South Africa, marry you there, then you apply for a spouse visa to the UK from there (you will need to anyway, unless you attempt a more complex route).

The ISIA seems to indicate that it was determined you were in the UK illegally, probably an overstay. Some more detail on that - especially how long the overstay was (?) - could also impact consideration of your future applications.

Also, why did they hold your passport for two years ..? That most likely did not happen for no reason.

the Admin
Contact Information:
• Mobile: +44 (0)77996 22200
• Tel: +44(0)344 991 9222
• Email: sanwar.ali@workpermit.com

Follow Us On:
• LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanwarali/
• Twitter: https://twitter.com/workpermitcom

ricky

Post by ricky » Sat May 10, 2008 5:30 pm

administrator
you really shocked me mate when i read what you wrote: the number of years you overstayed could have a big impact on the consideration of your application!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:
is this means if an overstayer for 8,10 , 12 , or even 14 years left voluntarily because he overstyed for so long the ECO will refuse his application :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Sun May 11, 2008 2:00 am

IS151A - the wonderful little bit of paperwork used to inform an individual that they are now illegally in the UK. "IS" stands for Immigration Service -151A is the form identifier. "IS" no longer exists under the new UKBA set up. It is now called Border Control.

A passport marked with this information is likely to damage your credibility while trying to enter any EEA state. The reason being that all the EEA states understand each others immigration markings on a passport. Information exchange is limited and in general overstayers do not get a mention.

The deception element - that is a nasty little trick but used widely by immigration. You said 4 days in the UK - found in the UK after that period -never mind the circumstances or the fact you could have been granted 6 months entry with a visitors visa - you lied therefore you deceived. It also means your right of in country appeal is done away with so no barrier to removal! Clever bunnies....