ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee declaration. Can it be single sided (2 sheets of paper)

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

lpoen
Newly Registered

Referee declaration. Can it be single sided (2 sheets of paper)

Post by lpoen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:36 am

Hello,

Silly question really, but can the declaration be single sided (2 sheets of paper for one declaration) for the online application?

I just went out of my way to drive to see friends of mine so that they can sign my declarations and only when I came home did I realise that it might be a problem if the declaration is on two sheets of paper. My photo is on one sheet, while the referee signature is on another. Will that be a problem?

Also, can the NCS be used in conjunction with the online application, or would I have to fill out a paper form?

Many thanks

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Referee declaration. Can it be single sided (2 sheets of paper)

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 am

The referee must sign the page which has the photo attached. The referee form is a single page (per referee)
When you apply online, you simply print the application page with the barcode and take it to the council.
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:17 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 12:41 am
The referee must sign the page which has the photo attached. The referee form is a single page (per referee)
When you apply online, you simply print the application page with the barcode and take it to the council.
where does it say that it has to be a single page? mine are also on two pages and there is no chance I can get another signature from a guy who is currently in the US until tomorrow !

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:51 am

Referee pages differ when you apply online vs when you fill the form S2 as far as I know. This is because you enter the details of the referees online as part of your application and do not need to fill their info again (unlike when using the form S2)

Form S2: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7-2018.pdf
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 am

Zimba wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:51 am
Referee pages differ when you apply online vs when you fill the form S2 as far as I know. This is because you enter the details of the referees online as part of your application and do not need to fill their info again (unlike when using the form S2)

Form S2: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... 7-2018.pdf
There is no page with a barcode when you apply online... It is a two page form and the photo is not on the page that gets signed.

lpoen
Newly Registered

Post by lpoen » Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am

Just to clarify, this referee declaration I am refering to is from the online application for citizenship. This form only contains spaces for the photo, applicant's name, and referee's signature and date. The unfortunate thing is that the photo and signature are on seperate pages, so if somone like my self printed single sided, they end up on two different sheets of paper.

Any more thoughts on the 2 pages single sided vs 1 page double?

I also found out that NCS canonly be used with an online application, but a document return service (which is what I am after) can be used with the online application.

tier2genmisery

Post by tier2genmisery » Mon Jul 30, 2018 9:20 am

lpoen wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:52 am
Just to clarify, this referee declaration I am refering to is from the online application for citizenship. This form only contains spaces for the photo, applicant's name, and referee's signature and date. The unfortunate thing is that the photo and signature are on seperate pages, so if somone like my self printed single sided, they end up on two different sheets of paper.

Any more thoughts on the 2 pages single sided vs 1 page double?

I also found out that NCS canonly be used with an online application, but a document return service (which is what I am after) can be used with the online application.
Yes - thats what Im doing as well. Online application + NDRS
My referee pages are on 2 pages stapled to each other.
I didn't print double sided.

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Mon Jul 30, 2018 11:16 am

tier2genmisery wrote:
Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:11 am
There is no page with a barcode when you apply online... It is a two page form and the photo is not on the page that gets signed.
Do not get confused. That is the submission document that you have to include with the application. The OP asked two questions :!: :!:

lpoen
Newly Registered

Post by lpoen » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 am

bump...

anyone else, thoughts? on single sided vs double sided oneline application referee decleration.

I could not actually find any gudiance that would specify for it to be double sided, so, there is at least that...

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:12 am

lpoen wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:45 am
bump...

anyone else, thoughts? on single sided vs double sided oneline application referee decleration.

I could not actually find any gudiance that would specify for it to be double sided, so, there is at least that...
It makes NO difference if it is single or double sided!!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.