ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

UK Born Child - Help Please

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Hadi2008
Newly Registered

UK Born Child - Help Please

Post by Hadi2008 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:59 am

Respected Senior Members,

I would,like to take your advise on the immigration matter for my child who was born in the UK back in October 2017.

Based on the Tier 1 entrepreneur extension application, we have been all given extension in October 2017 for another two years but we will qualified to apply for ILR in January 2019 after the completion of 5 years in the UK.

Since our child born, we have not travelled outside the UK, infact we have no immediate plans for travelling in the near future.

Does my child requires any visa at this stage? If he does not have the valid visa, would this effect his ILR application? However, he is registered with the GP and getting medical facility when needed.

Please advise and direct me to the right direction.

Many Thanks

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: UK Born Child - Help Please

Post by marcnath » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:38 pm

Hadi2008 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:59 am

Does my child requires any visa at this stage? If he does not have the valid visa, would this effect his ILR application?
I can't see how you would apply for ILR for your child without an existing visa. However, your child can directly register for citizenship once you get your ILR approved.

Hadi2008 wrote:

However, he is registered with the GP and getting medical facility when needed.
As per NHS rules, your child has access to free medical service only for three months after birth.

However, it appears the NHS systems are not very good so haven't heard of this being strictly being implemented.

But, if and when they fix their systems, it is possible that they will charge you for any medical services beyond the three months.

If I were in your place, I would apply for a dependant visa to take care of this risk (as any billed NHS fees will be very high) but it is your individual choice.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

Hadi2008
Newly Registered

Post by Hadi2008 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:56 pm

marcnath wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:38 pm
Hadi2008 wrote:

Does my child requires any visa at this stage? If he does not have the valid visa, would this effect his ILR application?
I can't see how you would apply for ILR for your child without an existing visa. However, your child can directly register for citizenship once you get your ILR approved.

Hadi2008 wrote:

However, he is registered with the GP and getting medical facility when needed.
As per NHS rules, your child has access to free medical service only for three months after birth.

However, it appears the NHS systems are not very good so haven't heard of this being strictly being implemented.

But, if and when they fix their systems, it is possible that they will charge you for any medical services beyond the three months.

If I were in your place, I would apply for a dependant visa to take care of this risk (as any billed NHS fees will be very high) but it is your individual choice.
I really appreciate your input for the above and I do understand your point that the child can be treated free for the first three Months if this is written in the rule. Can you please direct me to the immigration rule where it justify your argument? I am under the impression that any child born in the UK will automatically covered as long as the parents hold valid visa and no intentions to travel abroad. Please correct me and also would like to see other people openion on this.

Secondly, If your above argument is correct then I would apply for Visa and this will answer my above query based on the facts.

Look forward for more suggestions.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:01 pm

I really appreciate your input for the above and I do understand your point that the child can be treated free for the first three Months if this is written in the rule.

See page 11 in the link below. It is not in the immigration rules, but a NHS policy.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s_2015.pdf
I am under the impression that any child born in the UK will automatically covered as long as the parents hold valid visa and no intentions to travel abroad. Please correct me and also would like to see other people openion on this.
No, a child is NOT covered 'automatically' if they do not hold a valid visa. Don't confuse the entitlement to register as British without holding a visa to that of using the free NHS services. They are separate.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Hadi2008
Newly Registered

Post by Hadi2008 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:16 pm

CR001 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:01 pm
I really appreciate your input for the above and I do understand your point that the child can be treated free for the first three Months if this is written in the rule.

See page 11 in the link below. It is not in the immigration rules, but a NHS policy.

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... s_2015.pdf
I am under the impression that any child born in the UK will automatically covered as long as the parents hold valid visa and no intentions to travel abroad. Please correct me and also would like to see other people openion on this.
No, a child is NOT covered 'automatically' if they do not hold a valid visa. Don't confuse the entitlement to register as British without holding a visa to that of using the free NHS services. They are separate.
Thank you CR001 for your advise.

I will go for the fresh application. Couple of more questions I have if you can kindly help me with

1. Which application form shall we use?
2. Is my wife can provide last three months bank statements to support his application? She has a valid Tier 1 Entrepreneur Dependant visa and we also living together?
3. Do we have one day premium service available for this application, and what will be the cost?

Your prompt reply will be much appreciated.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:18 pm

1. Tier 1 Ent Dependent.

2. Yes if she holds the required maintenance funds.

3. Yes. Visa fee plus IHS fee PLUS £610 premium service fee.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.