ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Question about payment slip

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rella

Question about payment slip

Post by rella » Sun Feb 27, 2005 10:47 pm

Ok.. this should probably be clear, but I'm feeling sort of dense right now.

The top portion of the payment slip asks for a contact name and address. We are using a correspondance address for our bank in the U.S., so that is different than the physical address for the HSMP itself. Is this payment slip address for processing of the banking info, so does it need to match the banking address or the contact address the HSMP itself?

Many thanks.

lynn132

Post by lynn132 » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:10 pm

Rella,
Can you avoid this entirely if you include a bank cheque rather than using a credit card?
Lynn

rella

Post by rella » Mon Feb 28, 2005 3:28 pm

We'd prefer to use a debit card. We are avoiding using our British account. I don't think it matters if the addresses don't match up for payment vs. HSMP address. People use their friends' cards all the time.

What I'm wondering is if this address on the top of the payment slip is used for bank processing -- so has to match the address the bank has on file or if it's the contact address to match up with HSMP. That's what I'm confused about.

Sher

Post by Sher » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:59 pm

Do check if yr debit card allows for a "manual charge"
Sometimes debit cards only allow a "swipe" as a security measure.
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

indian_in_uk

Post by indian_in_uk » Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:32 pm

Rella,

I am facing the same issue.
"The top portion of the payment slip asks for a contact name and address. We are using a correspondance address for our bank in the U.S., so that is different than the physical address for the HSMP itself. Is this payment slip address for processing of the banking info, so does it need to match the banking address or the contact address the HSMP itself? "

What is the solution for this?

Looking forward to an early reply..

Ny comments from other members??

Thanks in advance..

Sher

Post by Sher » Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:38 pm

If the payment fails for some god damned reason, where on earth will the HO get in touch with you ?

Therein lies the answer !

PUT in "your personal contact details"

:)
nJOY !
may u grow by leaps and pounds !

:roll:

ish_78

Post by ish_78 » Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:34 pm

Well Sher,

In UK, For all the payments to be made by Debit or credit card, one need to specify the address associated with the particular bank.
So if a person have different invoice address and contact address, what will he do? which of these addresses need to be quoted at Payment contact details.

I am also facing this problem..

ANybody there to help..

rella

Post by rella » Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:01 pm

ish_78 wrote:Well Sher,

In UK, For all the payments to be made by Debit or credit card, one need to specify the address associated with the particular bank.
So if a person have different invoice address and contact address, what will he do? which of these addresses need to be quoted at Payment contact details.

I am also facing this problem..

ANybody there to help..
It does say payment slip at the top. So, I am assuming that these contact details are for the payment address, not the address for HSMP to contact us or send records for the HSMP application itself.

In our case, we have bank accounts in our home country and in the UK. We'd rather not draw attention to the fact that we're here -- though we are here legally -- since hubby is applying out-of-country now. Our U.S. address for the bank account, is to a mail forwarding place that we pay to keep a mailbox for us, so we have an address for correspondence in our home country and don't have to bother our family with forwarding our mail. We are using a family member's address for the HSMP contact. So, it's gotten too convoluted. When hubby applied for the first time, it was in-country and every address was the same.

I'm assuming that the payment slip is removed from the HSMP application before it ever gets to the caseworker. Does anyone know if this is the case?