ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

PBS dependant ILR visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

snehamittal
Newly Registered
India

PBS dependant ILR visa

Post by snehamittal » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:39 pm

Hi all,

I am applying for my ILR visa and has been really confused now with so many changes. I am currently on Tier 1 dependant visa (PBS depedant) qualify for ilr on 15 June 2018 after completing 5 years in UK. My husband has got british citizenship now. My husband is claiming child benefit for our son born in UK, our son has british citizenship since birth. Please some one can help me regarding this is claiming child benefit will have any effect on my ilr application.
As when I went to the the gov.uk website to download the form its say
When you apply for settlement, you and your partner must:
be living together in your own accommodation
not be using public funds
Am i seeing the correct link
https://www.gov.uk/settle-in-the-uk/y/y ... ier-5-visa.
Please correct me if I am wrong. If anyone has got the ilr through PBS dependant visa please let me know.

Also is the SET O is the correct form to fill in for my ILR application under Tier 1 dependant category. And in section 5 (maintenance) of the form should i tick no for are you claiming public funds. As my husband is claiming child benefit.

Also i please if anyone can help me regarding what all documents are required to be submitted along with the application. So far I am submitting the list below:
1) My passport
2) My BRP
3) My photos -2
4) Life in UK
5) UK naric document along with original degree
6) letter from my uni
7) Joint bank statement for 1 year for cohabitaion
8) Council tax in joint names for last year'
9) My husand bank accout statement for 6 months for maintenance funds.

Are these documents enough or any other documents are required as well?

Please help me regarding my ilr application.

Thanks a lot.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: PBS dependant ILR visa

Post by CR001 » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:44 pm

He is allowed to claim child benefit in his name, no issue.

Set(O) is the correct form yes.

Is the UK NARIC the comparable assessment AND the English assessment (costs £150)?

You need more than 1 year cohabitation documents and more than just bank statements and council tax.

There is NO maintenance fund requirement for ILR.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

snehamittal
Newly Registered
India

Post by snehamittal » Fri Jun 01, 2018 5:59 pm

HI CR001,

Thank you so much for the reply.
Yes the UK naric comparable assessment costs £150.
Can you please tell me what documents to be submitted for cohabitation and also if I am missing any document.
Is 2 years or 5 years bank statement, 2 years council tax bill and marriage certificate would be enough. As I entered the UK as dependant on my husband Tier 1 visa. Do we need to submit the rental agreement. We do have rental agreement for the recent property in joint name since 1 1/2 yrs. Is that would be sufficient. Could you please help me with the document requirement.

Also regarding child benefit as the link I posted if you go and check their it says you and your partner must not be using public funds. So does child benefit does not come under it as. Cause when I check in public funds list child benefit is mentioned as well. Please if you can confirm it.

Thanks once again for the help

ILR20160517
Newly Registered

Post by ILR20160517 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 pm

Hi, my husband Is in ILR who is claiming child benefit at the moment and i am due to apply for my ILR on end of august 2018.
like yours situation im confused about the public funds part as it clearly says in the govn.uk .immigration visa page either me or my partner should not be claiming any public funds.
plz could anyone help me and clarify what should i do , if my husband should cancel the child benefits he receive and return the money to government ?

Also plz let me know if you have applied for your visa and what was the decision made?
Many thanks
Divya

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:51 am

ILR20160517 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:56 pm
Hi, my husband Is in ILR who is claiming child benefit at the moment and i am due to apply for my ILR on end of august 2018.
like yours situation im confused about the public funds part as it clearly says in the govn.uk .immigration visa page either me or my partner should not be claiming any public funds.
plz could anyone help me and clarify what should i do , if my husband should cancel the child benefits he receive and return the money to government ?

Also plz let me know if you have applied for your visa and what was the decision made?
Many thanks
Divya
1. You should post in your own topic rather than tagging onto another members thread.

2. A person holding ILR is allowed to claim benefits.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

ILR20160517
Newly Registered

Post by ILR20160517 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:53 pm

Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your valuable response! I have asked the question here because of the dilemma of home office statement indicating both applicant and partner should not claim public funds. Also this topic has already discussed and not very clear response to clarify the statement and hence the reason I didnt create new thread.

Thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:54 pm

ILR20160517 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:53 pm
Hi CR001,

Many thanks for your valuable response! I have asked the question here because of the dilemma of home office statement indicating both applicant and partner should not claim public funds. Also this topic has already discussed and not very clear response to clarify the statement and hence the reason I didnt create new thread.

Thanks
It is considered rude to tag onto other members topics and unfair to the original poster!!

It is NOT an issue if an ILR holder claims child benefit.
Char (CR001 not Casa)