ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

What are our options now?

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Porkypig
Australia

Family Applications

Post by Porkypig » Mon Jul 09, 2018 1:22 am

Hi all,

We have applied for 1 main applicant, 1 partner and 3 child visas. The Partner visa has come back approved after 20 business days - but no news on the main applicant or the child visa's as yet.

Does anyone know why they would hold back on the main applicant and child visas?

Does anyone have any experience on group applications coming back separately?

Thanks in advance

Porkypig
Australia

Re: Family Applications

Post by Porkypig » Wed Jul 11, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi, is there anyone that can help me?

I'm now 25 working days post biometrics (when the guidance provided was that we would receive everything back in 15 working days).

We have received one passport and visa back, but nothing else. We've escalated, but haven't heard anything back, and was told to wait another 15 working days.

Based on the May processing data for my centre 90% was done in 15 days and 100% was done in 30 days.

We applied in june and have booked our flights for 37 working days post biometrics done. I know we were not supposed to book flights - but just wondering if anyone has any experience on the family applications

thanks in advance

Porkypig
Australia

Can you visit Sheffield office

Post by Porkypig » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:18 pm

Hi

We are a family of 5 who applied at the same time for the Tier 2 Shortage occupation (out of country)

16 days after the biometrics appointment, we received one visa approved (partner, not main applicant).

It’s now been 36 days and all the other 4 visas are still awaiting decision.

If the approved one enters the UK by themselves can they go to the visa office to find out where the other visas are and when they’ll be decided??

If so do you need an appointment? Or can you walk in? If so what’s the address?

Waseem432000
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Can you visit Sheffield office

Post by Waseem432000 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:58 pm

https://www.gov.uk/contact-ukvi-inside-outside-uk

You can call them on paid line and ask about your application status or you can send an email which will also cost you few GBPs, to find out about your application status. If you have applied out of country, how can you visit UKVI office? Call and Email are two official channels to inquire about your visa application.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Can you visit Sheffield office

Post by CR001 » Thu Jul 26, 2018 2:03 pm

Porkypig wrote:
Thu Jul 26, 2018 1:18 pm
If the approved one enters the UK by themselves can they go to the visa office to find out where the other visas are and when they’ll be decided??

If so do you need an appointment? Or can you walk in? If so what’s the address?
No, you cannot just 'walk in' at the premium centres or the Sheffield visa processing office. You won't even be allowed through the door.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Porkypig
Australia

What are our options now?

Post by Porkypig » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:27 pm

Hi there, sorry for the long post. We are just lost as to what are our options to escalate?

Some background information:
We are a family of 5: Main applicant, partner and 3 kids.

Main applicant was offered a RCOS for a Shortage occupation position on 8th May 2018.

On 4th June main applicant, partner and their 3 children submitted their online Tier 2 Shortage Occupation applications.

On 6th June the whole family attended their biometrics appointment and submitted their supporting documentation.

On 14th June the whole family received emails stating that the applications had been received at the decision making centre.

On 23rd June Partner received an email stating that a National Criminal Record Certificate was required in order to continue assessing the application. Partner submitted the required documentation on 25 June

On 29th June Partner used the paid email service to ask if the documents had been received. A standard response indicating that all applications are awaiting decision was received on the same day. Partner sent a reply to this email asking specifically again if the documents were received.

On 2nd July we received a reply indicating that Partner’s visa had been decided and that the remaining 4 visas (main applicant & 3 children) were awaiting decision.

On 3rd July, the remaining 4 applications were escalated.

On 4th July we received txt message from vfs indicating that the processed visa was received and that it would be dispatched to our nominated address for Partner

On 5th July we received approved visa for Partner. We also received an emailed response confirming that our case was escalated on the 4th July. As we received an approved visa (for partner) we acted on this assuming that the main applicant and dependants must be approved and will be received shortly. We booked flights for the 30th July and both resigned from our jobs. We set Friday the 27th July as the last day of school for our children. Our house was put up for rent.

On 9th July we requested current status and again received a generic response indicating that “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision”. The email made no reference to the multiple applications we were enquiring about.

On 10th July we aimed to clarify that the main applicant was not yet decided and continued to seek escalation

On 13th July we received a generic response indicating that “all your application are being considered and is currently awaiting a decision”. We also received on this day an email from visainfo.shefo@fco.gov.uk email address (I.e not the contact centre) saying : “ please be assured that your remaining applications are in their final stages and that a decision will be made as soon as possible over the coming days.”

On 18th July we again emailed for status update.

On 20th July we received another generic response indicating that “all your application are being considered and is currently awaiting a decision”

On 23rd July we sent an email that requested that the case be marked as urgent escalation. We also used the paid phone service to call and try to find out what is happening. We were told over the phone that they would re-escalate the case.

On 25th July we decided to visit the VFS centre which we had our biometrics appointment to see if anything could be done, since it was 7weeks since our biometrics appointment. They informed us that nothing could be done, however that they would send an email to the visa office escalating on our behalf.

On 26th July emails again for status update and again requested case to be treated urgently. Again we record a generic response informing us that “your application is awaiting decision” and that they escalated on 23.7.18 and that we’ll be contacted within 15 working days. We also received a voicemail from the VFS office informing us to bring Partners passport back into the VFS office.

On 27th July we took Partners passport back into the office and we were informed that the decisioning centre now realised their mistake of issuing the partner visa without completing the decision on the main applicant. We were told that now they would process all the applications together, as they should have originally. At this stage we cancelled our flights that we had booked. We called the contact centre again and we’re connected to Adriana. Adriana told us that it could take up to 30 days, and when I pointed out it was 36 working days already she told me that it was holiday season so there are not that many people in the office.

On 30th July emailed again and requested current status.

On 31st July we received yet another generic response indicating that “your application is being considered and is currently awaiting a decision”. Also, if it has been over 15 days that we can escalate the case.

On 1st August we again visited the VFS office to find out if they have any updates for us as yet. We also received the following email from the visainfo.shefo@fco.gov.au address: “Due to it being our busiest period, I’m afraid we are unable to make a decision on your applications of your family, within our usual timescale. We cannot give a time scale for when a decisions will be made, however please be assured that we are continuing to work on the applications and will update you as and when we have any additional information”

This has been a long and hard journey for our family to date. At present our children are no longer at school, neither Main applicant or partner are working and we are sleeping on the floor of Main applicants brothers house due to our house being rented. We incurred costs by cancelling our flights, and from the numerous emails and phone calls. We are both mentally and emotionally drained by this process. We wanted this opportunity for our children but the emotional toll it is having on us parents is being reflected on our children.

Is there anyway you can please help us? We would like them to decision our applications as a priority so that we can move on with our lives. It is unsustainable for us to continue being unemployed, sleeping on the floor of main applicants brother’s house with the children out of school. We acted on the basis that an approved visa was received and now we are left with nothing.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: What are our options now?

Post by CR001 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:48 pm

Is there anyway you can please help us? We would like them to decision our applications as a priority so that we can move on with our lives. It is unsustainable for us to continue being unemployed, sleeping on the floor of main applicants brother’s house with the children out of school. We acted on the basis that an approved visa was received and now we are left with nothing.
It is unfortunate however, UKVI/HO guidance does state not to make plans to travel until you have your visas in hand. Not sure anyone here on the forum can help you, or what help you expect, as many have experienced delays and done the same as you have done.

What does your sponsor say, have you thought to ask them to chase HO??
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

Porkypig
Australia

Post by Porkypig » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:47 am

I’ve just realised that our COS will expire on the weekend. What happens once this is expired? Will they then decline our visa application?

civeng2017
United Kingdom

Post by civeng2017 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:44 am

Porkypig wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:47 am
I’ve just realised that our COS will expire on the weekend. What happens once this is expired? Will they then decline our visa application?
I think most people here who have applied for RCOS in the past few months understand some of the difficulty you're going through.

You think you've won by doing great in the interviews and being offered the job.
You feel amazing when the RCOS application goes in.
In your case you got the approved RCOS, and you probably felt like you could actually grasp and touch your new life.
Three months later you're still waiting...

If I understand the process correctly, the RCOS is valid for 3 months and the Visa application needs to be done within that time. If not, it will be recalled and redistributed in a next month's allocation.

However, from what you've told us, you're Visa application has been submitted within the three months and the delay is not your or your sponsor's fault. Surely the fact that the RCOS allocated to your sponsor was in fact assigned and is in use counts for you, even if the three months have gone by?

The official HO guidance reads : "RCoS can only be reclaimed from sponsors when it is discovered that the application was not valid, and the RCoS has been granted but not yet assigned."

I'm not an optimist by a long stretch, life and my profession has made me a realist that live by fact. I think, from what I've read, is that even though you are in the unfavorable position of indeterminate waiting, your RCOS should not 'expire' as it has been assigned already.

I hope this helps, and I hope someone else can confirm this? (Two heads are better than one)

Also, all the best and I hope your visa situation gets cleared up quickly.

Porkypig
Australia

Post by Porkypig » Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:49 am

Finally pick up our visas today!! And they are approved!

Now another question please: can we enter as visitors (no visiter visa required for Australians) before our tier 2 vignette starts?

And in that case do we leave and re-enter during the vignette period?

Thanks in advance

Sv2018
Mood:
India

Post by Sv2018 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 6:55 am

Porkypig wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 5:49 am
Finally pick up our visas today!! And they are approved! Congratulations!!

Now another question please: can we enter as visitors (no visiter visa required for Australians) before our tier 2 vignette starts? It is advisable to enter after your tier 2 vignette starts to "active" your tier 2 visa

And in that case do we leave and re-enter during the vignette period? Collect your BRP card first

Thanks in advance