ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

MN1 for child after parent's ILR before BRP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

darklym
Newly Registered
Canada

MN1 for child after parent's ILR before BRP

Post by darklym » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:09 pm

Hi. My wife is applying for ILR through the Tier 2 (G) - 5-year route. She has a premium service appointment booked at the end of August. We would then like to register our child who was born in the UK for BC using the NCS JCAP service here in Scotland.

We would like to travel a few weeks afterward, and as a result I am interested in speeding up the MN1 process as much as I can. I would also like to book an NCS appointment in advance. So:

Would I need to wait until the ILR BRP is issued 10 days after the ILR approval, or could I submit the MN1 through the NCS on the day of, or immediately following the ILR premium service appointment BEFORE the BRP arrives? In other words, is the ILR approval stamped anywhere that would act as proof of ILR (on a passport, letter, registration number, etc), or would I be required to wait until the BRP arrives via post and only then try to make an NCS appointment afterward?

Thanking you again for this lifesaving site, and all your assistance.
David

darklym
Newly Registered
Canada

Re: MN1 for child after parent's ILR before BRP

Post by darklym » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:47 am

To answer my own question, it seems I can apply with the letter received at the Premium Service appointment, and before receiving the BRP. I will report back after this happens.

RJLK

Post by RJLK » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:14 am

Yes you can send MN1 application with the ILR approval letter. You no need to wait for BRP as they can check your details on their system.

darklym
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by darklym » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Great, thanks for your help RJLK.