ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

I have recently became a British citizen but can my mum come back

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Bambambambam
Newly Registered
Nigeria

I have recently became a British citizen but can my mum come back

Post by Bambambambam » Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:02 pm

I was with my mum back in 05 and the ukba came over and had her arrested to be deported, she overstated her visa and we went into care, any way fast forward to 18, I’ve become a British citizen, and I’m wondering if my mum will be able to come to the uk for settlement. How do I go about it? She’s been out of the uk for over 10 years and holds a French asylum.

physicskate
Diamond Member

Re: I have recently became a British citizen but can my mum come back

Post by physicskate » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:01 pm

Bambambambam wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:02 pm
I was with my mum back in 05 and the ukba came over and had her arrested to be deported, she overstated her visa and we went into care, any way fast forward to 18, I’ve become a British citizen, and I’m wondering if my mum will be able to come to the uk for settlement. How do I go about it? She’s been out of the uk for over 10 years and holds a French asylum.
Not unless she is over the age of 65 and needs daily care: washing, dressing, cooking etc...

Could she qualify for a visa in her own right? Sure.

jane2018
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by jane2018 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:21 pm

physicskate wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:01 pm
Bambambambam wrote:
Not unless she is over the age of 65 and needs daily care: washing, dressing, cooking etc...

Dependant relative category was virtually closed in 2012. Article 8 argument OUTSIDE THE RULES might work but a relative must be in a pretty bad health. Even in that case the Home Office will argue that she is fture burden on NHS.

Why cannt she apply for a French passport and come as EEA citizen to the UK?

Bambambambam
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bambambambam » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:53 pm

Thank you for your reply, she finds the language barrier a struggle for her, but let’s say she did apply and she got the passport as a French citizen, how can she enter the uk bearing in mind she’s already been deported from the uk once before

Bambambambam
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bambambambam » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:58 pm

jane2018 wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:21 pm
physicskate wrote:
Bambambambam wrote:

Dependant relative category was virtually closed in 2012. Article 8 argument OUTSIDE THE RULES might work but a relative must be in a pretty bad health. Even in that case the Home Office will argue that she is fture burden on NHS.

Thank you for your reply, she finds the language barrier a huge struggle for her, but let’s say she did apply and she got the passport as a French citizen, how can she enter the uk bearing in mind she’s already been deported from the uk once before

bathanza
United Kingdom

Post by bathanza » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:40 pm

Admins correct me if I'm wrong but if she holds a French passport she can enter the UK as part of free movement right? She may be questioned at the border and refused entry perhaps?

Husband's timeline - overstayer 11 yrs
08/16 - FLR (FP) Partner, refused 02/18, 03/18 - JR permission refused with merit
08/18 - FLR FP (Partner) PSC - Approved
07/20 - FLR FP to FLR M Switch - Approved, 03/23 FLR M Ext Approved.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:40 pm

Bambambambam wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:58 pm
jane2018 wrote:
physicskate wrote:
Bambambambam wrote:

Thank you for your reply, she finds the language barrier a huge struggle for her, but let’s say she did apply and she got the passport as a French citizen, how can she enter the uk bearing in mind she’s already been deported from the uk once before
The only way she can be denied entry is a national security grounds which I don’t see a bad immigration is even anywhere near that.

Bambambambam
Newly Registered
Nigeria

Post by Bambambambam » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:15 am

New on forum wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:40 pm
Bambambambam wrote:
jane2018 wrote:
physicskate wrote:

The only way she can be denied entry is a national security grounds which I don’t see a bad immigration is even anywhere near that.
Hi, can you explain what you mean by that?

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:58 am

Once she has a French passport she will be able to come to the UK irrespective of the deportation history.

New on forum
Member of Standing
Pakistan

Post by New on forum » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:41 pm

Bambambambam wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:15 am
New on forum wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:40 pm
Bambambambam wrote:
jane2018 wrote:

Hi, can you explain what you mean by that?
Sorry that was typing error.
I meant to say that if she has a French passport nothing will stop her entering uk.

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:40 pm

There is a difference in ''removal'' and ''deportation''. For example ''deportation'' would happen if one has criminal charges. But if you only over stayed that would come under ''removal'' category. If you are forcefully removed from the UK. You can not come back in the country before 3 years. But if you voluntarily leave (even if you over stayed) then you can come back in after a year. But you need to ask home office to give you this in written so you could have an evidence when you apply for visa. But if you have criminal charges and you been to prison for over 7 months and then you will be deported right after your sentence. If this happens you could be banned from entering UK forever.
If you are '' forcefully or voluntarily'' removed from UK but you have family member in UK like spouse or children. You could apply to come back anytime and argue human rights.
So If your mum was removed 10 years ago because she over stayed. I don't think it would pose a real problem to her coming back in the country.