ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

EEA unmarried partner application

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Canadian777
Newly Registered
Canada

EEA unmarried partner application

Post by Canadian777 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:32 pm

Good evening ,

I just posted my application for a residence card as a non eea unmarried partner of a eea (Italy )

I’m from Canada and currently on a tier 4 visa.

I was wondering if anyone else was in the same situation and if anyone knew the approximate timeframe of an answer for these types of applications ?

I sent as many documents as I could including joint tenancy agreements for the pas 18 months and then before that letter from my family and proof of birth of our child ( unfortunately she did not make it as she was premature and had several health issues:(.

So if anyone is in the same process or went through this process for a non eea unmarried partner route I d love to hear what to expect

dfresar
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: EEA unmarried partner application

Post by dfresar » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:10 pm

Hello!

I sent my application in last week, as well. Cannot give you any advice, but just wanted to say that I am in the same boat... Tier 4 to unmarried partner. I sent my application along with my partner's QP application on July 31 and so far they have taken one payment, but no progress other than that.

Good luck!

Canadian777
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Canadian777 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:56 pm

Thank you for taking the time to reply .

I sent my application on Monday July 30 however I sent it through my lawyer so I have no idea if they have received it or if any payment was taken .

The lawyer said they would let me know if they receive the biometrics letter . Probably in 3 to 4 weeks .

Let me know when you hear anything back.

sebasb21
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Post by sebasb21 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:38 pm

My situation is not the exactly the same, i'm in UK on a Family Permit.

From the date of the arrival of the documents to the HO sent for the EEA QP registration, to the day i received a letter asking for biometrics was 5 working days (pretty fast).

Now waiting for the next step.

Hope this helps, but from reading the forum dates vary in a big range usually not more than 2 months for everything.

Good luck

Canadian777
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Canadian777 » Fri Aug 17, 2018 8:48 pm

Thank you for your reply ! I finally received my biometrics letter on August 16 but it was dated August 10th . So 17 days from submission of the application .

Now I have to be patient . It is quite a stressful process . Especially for unmarried partners I’ve been reading many applications get declined .

Good luck to you as well!

Russian81
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Russian81 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 11:50 am

Hi all.

Maybe you have already received your residence cards, but I decided to add my timeline as I didn't find a relevant forum for EEA(EFM).

I'm Russian with current Tier2 visa who applied for the UK residence card as unmarried partner of EEA citizen (who doesn't have UK RC).

Application sent to HO: 24 July 2018
Application received by HO: 25 July 2018
Payment taken: 26 July 2018
Confirmation email: 31 July 2018
Biometrics letter received: 8 August 2018 (dated 1 August 2018)
Biometics enrolled: 8 August 2018
Passports return requested: 21 August 2018
Passports received: 25 August 2018 (dated 22 August 2018)
COA (should be with no right to work): never
All the documents received: 30 August 2018 (dated 28 August 2018).

So, the letter attached to my documents says that I should get my RC within 10 days.
The funny thing is that yesterday I emailed to the HO requesting a Certificate of Application as 21 days had passed since I enrolled the biometrics. But looks like my request was for nothing.

I just hope that I'll get the RC with no mistakes in it as I'm a very "lucky" person

Canadian777
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Canadian777 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:19 pm

Hi Russian81,

Wow it is amazing that you received a decision so quickly !! Thank you for sharing your timeline .

I am not sure if it is easier if you apply to transfer from a tier2 ??

Can I ask if you have any special circumstances that would have made them make a decision so quickly ?!

I have lived my my current partner for over two years and sent quite a lot of paperwork . But I’m currently on a tier4 visa . I did receive my COA without work at the same time as my biometrics letter .

Congrats again

Russian81
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Russian81 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:03 pm

Hi Canadian777,

I don't have any special circumstances.
My relationship lasts more than 5 years now, but me and my partner started living together in the UK about 3 years ago.
I didn't provide too much of evidence:
1) just letters and bills to the all 3 adresses where we lived together (our first adress was more than 2 years ago and it was not covered in the application) - so, in total it was more letters than required; but I decided that more is better than less :-)
2) pictures of us together with dates and places (which was a hard task as we both don't like photos)
and that's it.
Also I had a long list of my journeys where everything but trips to Russia was together with my partner.

But maybe you're right and my Tier2 helped because having Tier2 visa means that I have a job here, so I pay taxes and do not use any benefits.

I kept an eye to eea-route-applications/pr-processing-ti ... 40229.html thread and there are many people who got their RCs quite fast. I know that it's a bit different, but it has the same time standards as EEA(EFM) applications - up to 6 months.

So, I hope that the Home Office is not that overloaded as it used to be and soon you will get the good news from them as well

Canadian777
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Canadian777 » Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:42 pm

Good news my lawyer called today to say my application was successful and I should receive my RC soon ! I can’t believe it took only one month

Russian81
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by Russian81 » Sat Sep 01, 2018 2:53 pm

Glad for you Canadian777.

I received my RC yesterday. It's so nice to know that we're "free" people now and do not depend on our employers/universities :-)

Canadian777
Newly Registered
Canada

Post by Canadian777 » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:47 pm

Hi Russian81,

So happy for you you already received your RC !!

My letter saying I would receive the BRP card within 10 business days was also dated August 28th, unfortunately I still did not receive anything ! It's only been 5 business days so I ll try to be patient. 8)

dfresar
Newly Registered
United States of America

Post by dfresar » Sun Sep 30, 2018 11:54 am

Hi guys!

Congrats on your success! I was just wondering, what did your decision letter say? I just received a letter saying a residence card will be sent to you under separate cover and my partner received his QP certificate. Does this mean my application was successful??

Thanks!!

ucjusda
Newly Registered
Kazakhstan

Post by ucjusda » Tue Oct 02, 2018 11:47 pm

Congrats on your successful applications!

I'm in a similar situation as I am currently on Tier 4 and will be applying for extended family member residence card - based on a durable relationship in January. January is also when my Tier 4 visa expires, but that is when we will hit 2 years of cohabitation, so we thought its best to apply then.
My concerns are as follows:
1. Can anyone advise if its ok to be cutting the dates so close?
2. Did you get any rights to work while they are processing the application
3. I'm a bit confused about how to present the pictures of us together, along with all the "hard" evidence, such as bills, bank accounts, etc. Did you give provide them in a flash drive, specially made photo-album, or collage in word doc and then printed?? And also how many pictures is good enough and how to make sure the dates of pictures are believable and not just smth you've written on the side.

WIll appreciate any responses and any help!

sebasb21
Newly Registered
Uruguay

Post by sebasb21 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:07 pm

About pictures what we did was print one picture for each year (we where presenting a 10+ year relationship) so if yours is much shorter i would print one for every 3 month period.

One picture per page in colour, with a footnote explaining who are the people in the photo (ex: on the left XX , on the middle YYY, on the right ZZZ). Date and place of the picture and the reason for selecting that picture (like, holiday, this or that festivity, etc).

Good Luck!