ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Referee declarations - date of signature

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

masaba
Newly Registered
Spain

Referee declarations - date of signature

Post by masaba » Fri Aug 03, 2018 2:39 pm

Hi,

First, thanks a lot for all the responses, many doubts and questions have been answered from this forum.

I am currently applying for my British Citizenship through Naturalisation. I'm applying online.

I've printed out the declaration forms for the referees, but I am unsure what date is acceptable for referees to be signing the declaration: can the date of their signature be say 1 month before submitting the application, or does it need to be AFTER you have submitted the application?

Thanks in advance for your help with this!

alterhase58
Germany

Re: Referee declarations - date of signature

Post by alterhase58 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:25 pm

Can't comment on the online application, however, my referees signed / dated a couple of weeks before I actually submitted the paper application. Dated before the application date is fine.
This is just my opinion as a member of this forum and does not constitute immigration advice.
Please do not send me private messages asking for advice.

jmmo20

Post by jmmo20 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:36 pm

I did most of my online application in April and my referees signed back then.
What I asked them to do last week was to sign again with a text like "Signing again on XX/07/2018 due to delay in submitting application".
I hope it's ok - I thought it was better than sending them a 3 month old signature.

masaba
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by masaba » Thu Aug 09, 2018 8:16 pm

Thank you @alterhase58 and jmmo20 for your responses. I will sign the declaration forms before submission (about 4 weeks before) and cross my fingers.

Again thanks for your help!