ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Losing your stamp 4 eufam visa

Forum to discuss all things Blarney | Ireland immigration

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gorgeous
Ireland

Losing your stamp 4 eufam visa

Post by gorgeous » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:11 pm

Hi guys, quick question here, let’s say you’re travelling and you lose your visa or get robbed. Will the immigration officers give you a hard time to get into the country again?

Supposing that you’re travelling with your marriage/civil partnership certificate & you don’t need a Re-entry visa.

Has anyone been through this?

Thanks!

figomenji
Newly Registered
Cameroon

Re: Losing your stamp 4 eufam visa

Post by figomenji » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:22 pm

I think the best option will be to report at the nearest Irish Embassy or diplomatic representative and present your case to them. They may issue you with a temporary travel document to get to Ireland.

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:44 pm

gorgeous wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:11 pm
Hi guys, quick question here, let’s say you’re travelling and you lose your visa or get robbed. Will the immigration officers give you a hard time to get into the country again?

Supposing that you’re travelling with your marriage/civil partnership certificate & you don’t need a Re-entry visa.

Has anyone been through this?

Thanks!
If you are not a visa required national to Ireland (no need to apply for re-entry visa) then I guess the immigration officer won't really care. I assume that you have an actual immigration stamp in your passport from the day you were issued the Stamp 4 EUFAM and GNIB/IRP card, right? If in doubt the immigration officer at the port of entry can look at your file anyways but I would recommend to notify the nearest Irish embassy or consulate just to be extra safe.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.

gorgeous
Ireland

Post by gorgeous » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:48 pm

Thanks guys. It makes sense what you said!

In a last scenario where you didn't lose you and just forgot it at home (we're all humans and it can happen). As I have the stamp on my passport there shouldn't be an issue, right? - I just wanna be ready for any situation :lol:

max307
Mood:
Ireland

Post by max307 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 4:36 pm

My recommendation is to carry it with you at all times if you can, after all it’s a credit card sized card so no reason why it couldn’t be in your wallet with other important documentation - that will save you time and hassle getting into Ireland if you didn’t genuine lose it.
I am not a lawyer or immigration counselor, all views expressed are my own, my comments do not constitute legal advice.