ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Spouse Visa Extension - Numerous Different Queries

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:12 pm

Hi,

My wife's Spouse visa runs out on the 20th of August 2018, and we are in the process of renewing it. My wife was hoping to book a fast track appointment, however the waiting time is over 44 days in Croydon, which is way over her visa expiry date. So she has paid to apply via post. Now, my question is, with only 18 days until her visa expires was this the right option?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:15 pm

Yes, she must apply before her visa expires.

Why do you ask if this is the 'right option'?
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:29 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:15 pm
Yes, she must apply before her visa expires.

Why do you ask if this is the 'right option'?
In terms of timeline, does the application begin when she submits payment, or is it the day her documents arrive, or is the day she receives her result? The right option, for us, depends on whether her visa expiring on the 20th of August, falls within which of these markers, and would it have been possible to apply for fast track (within her visa window) but not have the appointment until after the 20th of August?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:33 pm

In terms of timeline, does the application begin when she submits payment, or is it the day her documents arrive, or is the day she receives her result?
If she completed the online form and paid online, that is the date of application for postal apps. Presumably she applied, paid and posted her supporting documents already??
The right option, for us, depends on whether her visa expiring on the 20th of August, falls within which of these markers,
She can apply within 28 days before her visa expires OR within 28 days of reaching 2.5 years residence.
and would it have been possible to apply for fast track (within her visa window) but not have the appointment until after the 20th of August?
She cannot attend an in person appointment, regardless of applying online, if her visa has expired. For in person, the date of application is the date of the appointment.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:41 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:33 pm
In terms of timeline, does the application begin when she submits payment, or is it the day her documents arrive, or is the day she receives her result?
If she completed the online form and paid online, that is the date of application for postal apps. Presumably she applied, paid and posted her supporting documents already??
She has applied online, but we are waiting on translation of documents so that we post the supporting documents, ideally, no later than the 8th of August.
The right option, for us, depends on whether her visa expiring on the 20th of August, falls within which of these markers,
She can apply within 28 days before her visa expires OR within 28 days of reaching 2.5 years residence.
and would it have been possible to apply for fast track (within her visa window) but not have the appointment until after the 20th of August?
She cannot attend an in person appointment, regardless of applying online, if her visa has expired. For in person, the date of application is the date of the appointment.
Ok, thank you for this information. It is a shame these waiting times are so long considering the Home Office information leads applicants to believe they can only apply within 28 days of the their visa expiry, but not that they might actually have to do it in advance, in this case by almost 44 days!

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:05 pm

CR001 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 1:33 pm
Do you think by next Wednesday the 8th will be ok to post these supporting documents, we are just waiting on translation services. That would leave 12 days until her visa expiry date.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:15 pm

What date did she apply and pay online?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:17 pm

Last night, so 1st of August 2018.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:21 pm

As long as she has applied and sends her supporting documents in time then no issue. The online process would have told her how many days she has to send the supporting documents as far as I understand.

What translated documents are you waiting for?
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:24 pm

Really important ones. Marriage certificate and our child's birth certificate.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:28 pm

Were these not translated for the initial spouse visa??
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:34 pm

Good question.

Worried the company we previously used may no longer be either existing or no longer certified by the home office for translations. :?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:43 pm

If it was accepted for the initial visa, then it should be accepted now for the extension.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 2:59 pm

Thanks, will consider and speak to my wife about this, although I suspect she may have used them for other travel visas in the past.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Am I correct in thinking my non-EU spouses earnings are considered?

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:21 pm

My wife is extending her 2.5 year spouse visa. We live together in the UK. She is the main breadwinner with a high salary. We are correct in thinking her salary counts ?

MattTT
United Kingdom

Re: Am I correct in thinking my non-EU spouses earnings are considered?

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 7:28 pm

Also, she had a gap between jobs of about 3 months this year, so she has not been at her current employment for 6 months. She has over 12 months earned over the income threshold however, as evidenced by bank statements and pay slips, will this be sufficient to satisfy the examiners?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:19 pm

Yes non-eu earning can be used.
You may apply under category B and as per you said that your non-eu national partner has earned more than £18600 during the 12 months then it can meet the second part of it. But to meet its first part either she need a job with fixed wages of £18600 (salaried person) at the time of application or the average total of last 6 months wages must be around £9300 (non-salaried person).
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 pm

Thanks.

Also, I have two Chinese marriage certificates, both the same, except we have a copy each. Each is specific to either my wife or I as holders. My question is;

Can I just translate one of these? Or will the examiner need both?

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:06 am

MattTT wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 pm
Thanks.

Also, I have two Chinese marriage certificates, both the same, except we have a copy each. Each is specific to either my wife or I as holders. My question is;

Just attach whatever you attached in initial spouse visa application. But in my opinion for translation purposes preferably some government agency/institute must be used.
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Rental Agreement Spouse Visa Extension

Post by MattTT » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:24 am

Our rental agreement is a printout of a pdf form we verisigned with our landlord and estate agent. Is this printed document ok? As there is no original as it were.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:25 am

seagul wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:06 am
MattTT wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:59 pm
Thanks.

Just attach whatever you attached in initial spouse visa application. But in my opinion for translation purposes preferably some government agency/institute must be used.
Thanks.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Re: Rental Agreement Spouse Visa Extension

Post by MattTT » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 pm

MattTT wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:24 am
Our rental agreement is a printout of a pdf form we electronically docusigned with our landlord and estate agent. Is this printed document ok? As there is no original as it were.
It’s hard to see what my question is as this thread got more and more stitched together. But the above quote is my question.

hamzababy
United Kingdom

Post by hamzababy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:56 am

for some reason , some moderators on here love to stitch and stitch together totally different questions asked by same user and make the post a useless thread all together ...

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:37 am

MattTT wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:11 pm
MattTT wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:24 am
Our rental agreement is a printout of a pdf form we electronically docusigned with our landlord and estate agent. Is this printed document ok? As there is no original as it were.
It’s hard to see what my question is as this thread got more and more stitched together. But the above quote is my question.
As per general rule of thumb it must be an original version. But as per common sense it might be accepted if your landlord is an estate agency sign & stamp it.

MattTT
United Kingdom

Post by MattTT » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:34 pm

seagul wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:37 am

As per general rule of thumb it must be an original version. But as per common sense it might be accepted if your landlord is an estate agency sign & stamp it.
Sorry I don't understand what you are saying, do you mean "or" instead of "is"?