ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

overstayer, wants to leave please help

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

rose10
Newly Registered

overstayer, wants to leave please help

Post by rose10 » Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:26 am

her is my story and please tell me where to start
i came with a fiancee visa to DublinIreland 1995, got married after 6 months of marriage find out he was dating other women , big arguments and i left my husband , he did a divorce he thought i returned to my country of origins but I moved to uk and lived in my brothers house for a while , his wife didn t stand my presence , moved out started working with a temporary National Insurance Number for couple years , stopped working when i received a letter from tax people saying i need to apply for a permanent number
aftr that i met my fiance and i lived with him since he is supporting me financially ....etc i am Moroccan national ,34 y/o a bit old :)we want to get married and have children and just have a normal life with no fear or insecurities
when i moved from my rented place to my fiance house i lost my documents my passport and everything except my country of origin neutarised birth certificate and an old copy of my ID , i did report loss my passport to the police and they issued a reference number ,i still remember the date of my finace visa , and have the divorce from my ex from the crown court
now with these new rules i decided to return to my country pay for my ticket and get married with my fiance in my country (been with my british fiance for more than 6 years and we realy love each other madly )i don t know how we will bear being far but we feel we have to face this as it making our mesirable and unhappy
my questions where to start:

1- if i live for exemple the end of May beginning of june will i receive any automatic ban ?
2-to get an ID in my country takes 6 to 8 months which means i will apply from my country after the 1 st october ??? does anyone who left during this 6 months of grace and applied after october receive these bans ?
3-shall i go to immigration first confess everything or shall i buy a ticket then go there or shall i go to my embassy get a ticket then leave immigration at last ?how long the immigration interview will last and what they will do to me :(
4- the date on the ticket shall i make it in a week time before visiting the immigration or the same day or ....?can they cancel my ticket if they wish to interview me for longer ..................

i am really lost and don t know how to start this or which step to take first
also i am worried if i go to my embassy first to ask for traveling documents they will phone the immigration on me (they are not helpful at all)

please tell me what do you think ?as i am really confused ?

many thanks

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Wed Apr 23, 2008 11:53 pm

Hi

I really feel for you in your situation.

In answer to your questions:

1 & 2. As far as I understand, the automatic ban will apply to those who are still overstayers after October; any applications made by people who left UK before then should still be considered (though not guaranteed to be accepted).

3. Why tell immigration anything? As long as you can get a travel document from the Moroccan embassy, you will be leaving UK, most likely your overstay will not even be noticed at the airport. The worst that may happen is that you will be called aside to explain yourself and sent off with a mark on your passport signalling that you were an overstayer. This isn't so bad as you will probably be owning up to that anyway when you make your visa application.

4. They can't cancel your ticket, but of course if they kept you detained your ticket would be wasted. But why would they do that? They will be satisfied that you are leaving.

As for the embassy contacting Immigration, I'd be surprised if that happened, and again Immigration are really only interested in you leaving anyway.

I think you should get professional advice before deciding what to do, and also have a look around this forum for other similar situations.

Good luck!
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

jimquk
United Kingdom

Post by jimquk » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:02 am

One further point to consider, which others can advise more fully on. If you husband was prepared to work in another EU country, I believe he would have the right for you to join him there.
The Refused are coming day-by-day nearer to freedom.

rose10
Newly Registered

Post by rose10 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 12:12 pm

jimpuk, really appreciate you taking time to answer me , i am in a such state mentally and physicaly because of this , i can t eat , sleep and just feel extremely stressed , emotional and quiet suicidal ,i am finding it hard to cope :(
you know i phoned the moroccan embassy and said : i need travel documents and someone very rude answered , not helpful , i don t know how i am going to deal with thise people !

if i understood what you advised : i should just get my travel document and ticket with my fiance and go there i am worried they detain me and miss my flight and my ticket and my fiance s will be wasted ?
this is why i thought :
next monday i go to the embassy and try to get some documents from there , then book my flight with my fiance for wednesday , and tuesday i go to immigration confess show my ticket and travel documents they can interview me the whole day , i am not sure about their precedure how long they let a person go ? do they need to check what i will say which will take few days ..........i don t know really

jimuk i understood that if i leave before 1 st october no ban , but what i can t find a clear answer for is applying from my country : i m sure my application will be after 1 st october more likely i will get things together
on December 2008 or january 2009 will that mean even though i left in the 6 months grace concession time they will apply the new rules on me ??????they will say you were an overstayer automatic ban????

thank you for your support x

my question about TIME OF APPLYING FROM my country?

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Apr 24, 2008 3:48 pm

rose10, most people caught at the airport get served removal orders on IS151x forms but are not detained. The HO officials will be happy that you're leaving.

rose10
Newly Registered

Post by rose10 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 6:04 pm

Paul, thank you for your rply
so shall i just get my treavel document if they give it to me!!!!!from embassy then get my ticket :
on the day of my flight , i don t want to be caught and stopped etc , i think i will have a heart attack of fear , i am not brave andv really shaky just thinking about it :(

shall i go to them in the morning of my flight let them issue the removal order then check in etc , i mean i go to them and tell them :( :(
is this removal order takes long time or is it just a few minutes ???
please someone who s been through this nightmare advice , i am scared from these immigration people , also scared they will ban me for long time which means execution to me as i am 34 old my partner and i wanted to have a child , in Morocco it will be impossible as when i get ther i am just going to live with family ,

this IS151x= does it mean a ban if so gfor how long ????

paulp
Diamond Member

Post by paulp » Thu Apr 24, 2008 9:26 pm

Ideally, you don't want to be served IS151, as your application for a spouse visa will be much simpler. Look for previous topics where other members have discussed which airports to use to reduce the chance of exit checks.

rose10
Newly Registered

Post by rose10 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:00 pm

Hi Paul,
i don t think it is possible for me to pass unnoticed because i will have just a letter from my embassy not a proper passport , and i read somewhere here that when you check in with a travel document ant a proper passport , the check in people notify the immigration :( :(
also i don t think i can deny being here to the embassy in the future , i have to answer how i met my fiancee , show photos together...etc

is this removal order: IS151x a bad thing? will the embassy make it an issue if all my application is ok , could they refuse me because of IS151 despite that i am going volantary during the 6 months concession, in the rules it says clearly , they shouldn t refuse an overstayer if he or she left befre 1 st october !!!
is it possible to get visa entry with this IS151x??
i am really tired mentally and physically oufffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffff

tasha75
Member of Standing

Post by tasha75 » Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:31 pm

Off-topic

I thought I was having deja-vu for the past 2 days, the story sounded very familiar.
Found this http://www.immigrationboards.com/viewtopic.php?t=25467
Phew, I am not going insane then.

P.S. You have a very good friend, she really cares about you.
Do not live your life in fear.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 12, 2008 9:40 am

Any joy with the emergency travel document?