ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

LIUK test difficulty levels

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

stitaprajna

LIUK test difficulty levels

Post by stitaprajna » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:42 pm

I finished one round of reading of official hand book for LIUK test.
I have now started doing the free tests at https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/.
Out of 10 tests, I have failed in 5. I have few questions at this stage:

1. Are these tests similar to real tests in terms of difficulty levels? I have very bad memory so struggle with dates, numbers, names and I mostly go wrong on these.
2. Any resources or pictorial or mnemonics to easily remember these type of questions?
Many Thanks,
Stit

jason32
Member of Standing

Re: LIUK test difficulty levels

Post by jason32 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:07 am

Forget about the book just repeat those 45 tests until you are able to get 22/24 correct answers.

VirtualWaver
Member of Standing
United States of America

Post by VirtualWaver » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:10 am

stitaprajna wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:42 pm
I finished one round of reading of official hand book for LIUK test.
I have now started doing the free tests at https://lifeintheuktests.co.uk/life-in-the-uk-test/.
Out of 10 tests, I have failed in 5. I have few questions at this stage:

1. Are these tests similar to real tests in terms of difficulty levels? I have very bad memory so struggle with dates, numbers, names and I mostly go wrong on these.
2. Any resources or pictorial or mnemonics to easily remember these type of questions?
Just do Exams 1 - 15 and you should be fine. All my questions were from that 15 Exam tests and I passed my test recently.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:24 am

Exam 1-14 in this link - https://lifeintheuktestweb.co.uk/

I repeatedly did the practice tests on this website for 2 weeks, and was finally scoring 23/24, 24/24 in all tests after 2 weeks.

All the questions in actual test were from these practice tests.

Finished my LITUK test in less than 3 mins and passed.

Note that the actual test is slightly easier than practice tests.

Just practice enough and you'll be fine.

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 pm

VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:10 am
Just do Exams 1 - 15 and you should be fine. All my questions were from that 15 Exam tests and I passed my test recently.
Any one else followed this approach of practicing only 15 tests instead of all 45 tests ? It is overwhelming to memorize so many dates, names etc.
Many Thanks,
Stit

stitaprajna

Post by stitaprajna » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 pm

trueblue19 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:24 am
By easier you mean, less number of dates, person names & numbers based questions? These are the questions where I struggle as I can not memorize them (I am told I am dyslexic) :(
I had experienced similar thing in theory test for driving. The sample tests from many websites were much difficult than the real test.
Many Thanks,
Stit

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:36 pm

stitaprajna wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 pm
trueblue19 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:24 am
By easier you mean, less number of dates, person names & numbers based questions? These are the questions where I struggle as I can not memorize them (I am told I am dyslexic) :(
I had experienced similar thing in theory test for driving. The sample tests from many websites were much difficult than the real test.

Generally there are no questions with specific dates (only years appear in the questions, or respective answers, not exact dates)

Just practice the tests over and over again. I would skip reading the book. Just practice as many tests as you can.

trueblue19
United Kingdom

Post by trueblue19 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:38 pm

stitaprajna wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:22 pm
VirtualWaver wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:10 am
Any one else followed this approach of practicing only 15 tests instead of all 45 tests ? It is overwhelming to memorize so many dates, names etc.
There are 45 tests and 15 exams on that link.

Do all the exams 1-14 over and over and over again. Once you're clearing all the exams, do the tests. You'll clear most tests with ease. Although most questions in the actual test will be from the exam (All of mine were)