ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

entering in UK

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

entering in UK

Post by himan1989 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:50 am

Hi guys
actually I'm going to enter in UK next month but I have some doubts.
I have eea family card issued by portugal for 5 years and I'm going with my partner to UK.

do I still need to apply article 10 residence card or not
please help as I don't have enough time left
thanks

davelebon
Newly Registered
United States of America

Re: entering in UK

Post by davelebon » Mon Jul 23, 2018 1:29 pm

If you have a residence permit from portugal that states "family member of a european citizen" that should be all you need -- because that is indeed a article 10/20 residence permit.
My case was different-- I had this type of permit from Hungary, but after 5 years I got a permanent resident card of my own which made no statement about me being a family member of an eu citizen... thus i didn't feel comfortable entering the uk without a family permit.
I mention the following because it might be useful to you in the case you don't trust your residence card to get you through:
I really wish I never got permanent residence in Hungary because of this! First it takes time to get a family permit and right now I'm here in the UK and have an expired family permit in my passport and waiting for my BRP. I asked the border guard last time I came through the border right before it expired what would happen if I traveled with an expired family permit.... he said -- well the most important thing is to prove the relationship... so if you were traveling with your family would be the most important thing. Aside from that I've been advised (separately) to travel with marriage certificate and anything else that you would include in a eea fm application to prove the relationship / common address.
I suspect that would be all right -- but there might be delays getting through the border... with extra questions and wait while they evaluate my documents... and for now I'm just avoiding travel pending my residence permit.

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Can I enter in UK based on article 15 family card

Post by himan1989 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:57 am

Hi guys
I really need your help
I'm married to a Portuguese citizen in Portugal and got a article 15 family residence card
My question is, Can I enter in UK base on this card
As I read on many websites that I would need article 10 or 20 card
Thanks in advance
Waiting for response

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:21 am

Thank you so much for replying
But the problem is the card states that it's under article 15
Please help me on this
I really appreciate your help

Rajput king
Newly Registered
Poland

Re: Can I enter in UK based on article 15 family card

Post by Rajput king » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:46 am

You must apply eea family permit then you can enter uk

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:32 pm

Rajput king wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:46 am
You must apply eea family permit then you can enter uk
I have the card stating that
Residence card for family under article 15 of law no. 37/2006,of 9 of August

And in bottom
resident card of a family member of a union citizen

Please tell me if I still need to apply or what exactly as I already book the flights for 24th of this month

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:33 pm

himan1989 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:57 am
I'm married to a Portuguese citizen in Portugal and got a article 15 family residence card
Article 15 of Portuguese law 37/2006 implements Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC, which is what people refer to when they talk of an "article 10" card. It allows you to travel to the UK accompanying or to join your husband.

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:54 am

Richard W wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:33 pm
himan1989 wrote:
Article 15 of Portuguese law 37/2006 implements Article 10 of Directive 2004/38/EC, which is what people refer to when they talk of an "article 10" card. It allows you to travel to the UK accompanying or to join your husband.
Thank you so much Mr. Richard
Your information really helps me as I was really confused as I had start seeing these rules after booking the tickets and now I can go with more calmness
Cheers

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

help to answer border force

Post by himan1989 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:54 pm

hi guys
I have an family residence card issued under portuguese article 15
it's stated that it's temporary and valid for 5 years
And in bottom family member of a union citizen

now my wife and me are going to UK on 24th of August and here is the situation
I don't have family permit but residence card issued by portugal

second she got admission in a university
so what should I say on airport that we or just I came for visit only
or going to stay with her

third do I or both of us need medical insurance booked before?

please advice me on this
thank you so much

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Help please

Post by himan1989 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:15 pm

hi guys
I have an family residence card issued under portuguese article 15
it's stated that it's temporary and valid for 5 years
And in bottom family member of a union citizen

now my wife and me are going to UK on 24th of August and here is the situation
I don't have family permit but residence card issued by portugal

second she got admission in a university
so what should I say on airport that we or just I came for visit only
or going to stay with her

third do I or both of us need medical insurance booked before?

Fourth
Is anyone can tell me that article 10 residence card states that it's issued under article 10

please advice me on this
thank you so much

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

successful entry in UK without family permit

Post by himan1989 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm

hi guys
I am really grateful to this forum as i make my entry based on other experiences

first of all I am an Indian married to portuguese national
I booked flights with easyjet and suppose to go on 24th but i read on one of the post of the guy that they ask for visa even after having portuguese family card which supposed to be article 10 card as his wife was polish

but in my case it was not article 10 card as i married to portuguese national

so i went to easyjet on 18th of august that if everything is ok then they said that i need visa and i was really down and then my wife went to TAP portugal airlines and try to confirm and they said i dont need visa

so i booked flights for 26th and reach at Gatwick and officer detained me for 20 minutes

only thing he ask me was when i got married and from how long are we together and bring my passport with entry stamp

this was my story

try to confirm first with airline before booking the tickets and try to avoid easyjet and ryanair as cheap is not good always

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 am

This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

right of work for EEA dependant ink stamp

Post by himan1989 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:31 pm

hi guys
I just wanted to know if I can work or not
I have EEA dependant ink stamp on my passport

or I need to wait until COA with work after applying for BRP

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:44 am

vinny wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:56 am
Posts merged.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.

vinny

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:47 am

What does the stamp say?

If there is a work restriction endorsed on the Ink stamp, then you are restricted from working. Unfortunately, some paranoid employers may demand more.

Your rights to work depends on the EEA national’s circumstances.

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:24 am

Thanks Vinny
my stamp is without any time limit and no restrictions and it states " Admitted to the United Kingdom under the Immigration (EEA) Regulations 2016"

and my wife is going to start her job from 1st of September

Is that give me automatic rights to work or I need to wait for BRP or COA

I can get work easily as I have plenty of contacts but I don't want to take unnecessary risk but on other hand I need money too to survive.

please help me on this

I would be really grateful to you.

Richard W
- thin ice -
England

Post by Richard W » Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:43 pm

himan1989 wrote:
Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:24 am
I can get work easily as I have plenty of contacts but I don't want to take unnecessary risk but on other hand I need money too to survive.
So long as you stop working immediately your stops working, stops being your wife, or leaves the UK, there is no risk to you while the UK is in the EU. You are permitted to work.

The risk is entirely with your employer. It is not clear that he can protect himself from a 20,000 pound fine if your wife abandons you and the UK but you carry on working.

pauline_al
Newly Registered
Spain

Re: successful entry in UK without family permit

Post by pauline_al » Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:51 pm

himan1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm
first of all I am an Indian married to Portuguese national
[...] I booked flights with easyjet and suppose to go on 24th but i read on one of the post of the guy that they ask for visa even after having portuguese family card which supposed to be article 10 card as his wife was polish
Hello, himan1989... Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am a nonEEA married to a Spanish national, and, just like you, I don't possess an Article 10 RC, having a residence card of a family member of a Union citizen instead, issued by my spouse's home country.

If you don't mind, I would love to ask some questions about your experience:
1. From which airport in Portugal did you take your flight to the UK with TAP Portugal?
2. What kind of entry stamp were you put in Gatwick? Was it saying something about employment or access to public funds?
3. Did the Immigration Officer ask you to show any documents to prove that you're married?
4. Were you able to get a NIN with your entry stamp?

Thank you in advance

pauline_al
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by pauline_al » Wed Oct 03, 2018 11:08 pm

vinny wrote:
Wed Aug 29, 2018 2:47 am
What does the stamp say?

If there is a work restriction endorsed on the Ink stamp, then you are restricted from working.
It looks like you might help me with a doubt I'm having: in a hypothetical case of a nonEEA family member of EEA citizen successfully entering the UK without EEA FP and getting an entry stamp which states employment restriction/prohibition, would such a restriction cease after their application for a residence card :?:

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:44 am

pauline_al wrote:
Wed Oct 03, 2018 10:51 pm
himan1989 wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 11:19 pm
first of all I am an Indian married to Portuguese national
[...] I booked flights with easyjet and suppose to go on 24th but i read on one of the post of the guy that they ask for visa even after having portuguese family card which supposed to be article 10 card as his wife was polish
Hello, himan1989... Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I am a nonEEA married to a Spanish national, and, just like you, I don't possess an Article 10 RC, having a residence card of a family member of a Union citizen instead, issued by my spouse's home country.

If you don't mind, I would love to ask some questions about your experience:
1. From which airport in Portugal did you take your flight to the UK with TAP Portugal?
2. What kind of entry stamp were you put in Gatwick? Was it saying something about employment or access to public funds?
3. Did the Immigration Officer ask you to show any documents to prove that you're married?
4. Were you able to get a NIN with your entry stamp?

Thank you in advance
Hi Mx Pauline
stamp doesn't say anything about public funds or employment and Immigration officer ask me to sit on side after seeing my passport and her national card and after 15 minutes he came and ask when I married (6 months) and from how long are we together(2years). They don't give you NI Number on airport because its a different department and I already had one

and it was lisbon

let me know if you want to know something else about my experience

pauline_al
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by pauline_al » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:34 am

himan1989 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:44 am
Hi Mx Pauline
stamp doesn't say anything about public funds or employment and Immigration officer ask me to sit on side after seeing my passport and her national card and after 15 minutes he came and ask when I married (6 months) and from how long are we together(2years).
Thank you very much for answering,himan1989 and congratulations on your successful entry to the UK! Yay:)
Once you kindly 'offered' your help, I do have a couple of stamp-related questions:

Have you noticed that this stamp restricts in any way your settlement process (I mean, opening a bank account, membership of some kind, getting am employment, choosing a GP... everything where the identity/right of residence proof might be required)?

(In case you're seeking employment), how do potential employers react when seeing this stamp in your passport?

Thanks a lot!!!

himan1989
Newly Registered
India

Post by himan1989 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:25 am

pauline_al wrote:
Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:34 am
himan1989 wrote:
Fri Oct 19, 2018 11:44 am
Hi Mx Pauline
stamp doesn't say anything about public funds or employment and Immigration officer ask me to sit on side after seeing my passport and her national card and after 15 minutes he came and ask when I married (6 months) and from how long are we together(2years).
Thank you very much for answering,himan1989 and congratulations on your successful entry to the UK! Yay:)
Once you kindly 'offered' your help, I do have a couple of stamp-related questions:

Have you noticed that this stamp restricts in any way your settlement process (I mean, opening a bank account, membership of some kind, getting am employment, choosing a GP... everything where the identity/right of residence proof might be required)?

(In case you're seeking employment), how do potential employers react when seeing this stamp in your passport?

Thanks a lot!!!
I can't answer all of those because I was in England before so I have bank account already, also NIN and NHS.
For job you need to check many places as only some of them willing to check your data and give you a job

pauline_al
Newly Registered
Spain

Post by pauline_al » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:28 am

himan1989 wrote:
Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:25 am
I see! Thanks anyway for answering, and bests of luck!!:)

mnu2829
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by mnu2829 » Mon Nov 19, 2018 12:44 am

Richard W wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:33 pm
himan1989 wrote:
HELLO RICHARD u mean article 15 card replace article 10 residence card ( portugal ) right so with article 15 card can my family member (parents ) travel to u.k with me as i am british citizen ok . can u please tell me where i can find this so i can print out when i travel to u.k
thanks