ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Previous earning

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

mmh
Newly Registered

Previous earning

Post by mmh » Mon May 12, 2008 10:33 am

Hi,

I am preparing the documents for previous earnings and have some questions, would be grateful if someone could help:
1. The tax authority is not able to provide tax return now as they are still processing for the previous tax year, I managed to get a letter from them showing my gross income for the 12 months that I am claiming for, is this acceptable?
2. The company payslips can only be viewed on internal website, so I got a letter from HR department stating my annual income, however the figure is about 250 GBP more than what is showing on the tax authority's letter, reason being is that I have taken couple of days unpaid leave last year. I am hence claiming for the lesser amount only, is this difference acceptable?

Would appreciate any response.

Thanks heaps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 12, 2008 11:22 am

Please read through the Tier 1 guidance to understand the documents required as evidence of your previous earnings.

Tax Returns can rarely be used and IMHO a letter from tax authorities will not be accepted as valid evidence.

regards

mmh
Newly Registered

Post by mmh » Mon May 12, 2008 11:38 am

sushdmehta wrote:Please read through the Tier 1 guidance to understand the documents required as evidence of your previous earnings.

Tax Returns can rarely be used and IMHO a letter from tax authorities will not be accepted as valid evidence.

regards
Thanks for the reply, but as am applying from New Zealand, I think I am still under the HSMP category.

in the HSMP guide, it states ‘tax return’ may denote:
"a document generated by a tax authority, which shows details of declarable taxable income on which tax has been paid or is to be paid in a tax year (e.g. tax refund letter or demand); alternative documentation submitted. "

Regards to the above, I thought the letter can be used?

Thanks heaps.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 12, 2008 11:41 am

Since you did not mention HSMP or Tier 1, I assumed you were applying for Tier 1.

regards

mmh
Newly Registered

Post by mmh » Mon May 12, 2008 9:26 pm

thanks, does HSMP diiffer a lot from Tier 1 in document requirements?
will my documents be accepted under HSMP?

Thanks.