ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier 2 Dependent ILR

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

kiran_guru
Newly Registered

Tier 2 Dependent ILR

Post by kiran_guru » Sun Aug 05, 2018 1:57 pm

Hello,
I am eligible for ILR in Feb 2019 based on the Tier 2 General route.
My wife was on ICT and moved to Tier 2 Dependent visa in Sept 2014. So she has the current dependent visa valid till Dec 2019. She is currently carrying and is expected to deliver in Feb 2019 but she is in India for last 3 months.

OUR HISTORY
* Arrived in UK Feb 2012 (me - as ICT dependent, my wife as Tier 2 ICT)
* I Move to Tier 2 General on 2014 Feb which is valid till Dec 2019
* My wife moved to Tier 2 General dependent on 2014 Sept which is valid till Dec 2019

Please correct my following understanding
* I believe she is Eligible for ILR in Sept 2019? 5 years Tier 2 general dependent route?
* If she considers to deliver in India and stay there next year and get an ILR, can she get an extension on Tier 2 general dependent and apply for ILR the following year?
* If she moves her visa to my Dependent once i have ILR, will her clock reset ? if it does can she apply for ILR at the end of 10 years stay ?

Please advise

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Tier 2 Dependent ILR

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:47 pm

* I believe she is Eligible for ILR in Sept 2019? 5 years Tier 2 general dependent route?
Yes assuming you get ILR
* If she considers to deliver in India and stay there next year and get an ILR, can she get an extension on Tier 2 general dependent and apply for ILR the following year?
Yes
* If she moves her visa to my Dependent once i have ILR, will her clock reset ? if it does can she apply for ILR at the end of 10 years stay ?
No unless you get ILR under long residence. Under PBS, she stays under PBS dependat until she gets ILR
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

kiran_guru
Newly Registered

Post by kiran_guru » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:06 pm

Thank you so much for a quick response. I will appreciate if you can also help with with the following:

* My wife is on the Tier 2 General Dependent visa from Sept 2014 and entered UK in the same month (we had to renew the visa in 2017 and got it extended till 2019), her current visa expires on 2019 Dec. Given she has spent 3 months in India currently and may spend 6 months next year in India, will the days being absent in UK impact her ILR? Will the new rule be applicable to her with regards to the Dependent days of absent from UK?

* Also can the tier 2 general dependent visa be extended after 6 years being on it, given i get my ILR?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:18 pm

* My wife is on the Tier 2 General Dependent visa from Sept 2014 and entered UK in the same month (we had to renew the visa in 2017 and got it extended till 2019), her current visa expires on 2019 Dec. Given she has spent 3 months in India currently and may spend 6 months next year in India, will the days being absent in UK impact her ILR? Will the new rule be applicable to her with regards to the Dependent days of absent from UK?
PBS dependants do not have absences limits unless the visa was granted after 11 Jan 2018
* Also can the tier 2 general dependent visa be extended after 6 years being on it, given i get my ILR?
Yes
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice