ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Application of citizenship with expired passport

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

varghesejim
India

Application of citizenship with expired passport

Post by varghesejim » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:37 pm

We(husband, wife and 6 year old) are long due for citizenship application(3 years since ILR) and would like to apply for the same. However my kids Indian passport expired. Can we apply for citizenship without applying for a new Indian passport for the kid?

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Application of citizenship with expired passport

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 pm

No. You must have a valid passport or your application will be rejected.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:06 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:58 pm
Nonsense. There is no requirement to have a valid passport at the time of application. An expired passport plus evidence of residence since the passport expired can be submitted.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Post by cyclina1 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:21 pm

CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:06 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
Nonsense. There is no requirement to have a valid passport at the time of application. An expired passport plus evidence of residence since the passport expired can be submitted.
I don't know. At least when I went to NCS the officer casually asked if the passport was valid or not.

If no valid passport, you should need some documents to support your nationality at the moment of application?
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:24 pm

cyclina1 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:21 pm
CR001 wrote:
Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:06 pm
cyclina1 wrote:
I don't know. At least when I went to NCS the officer casually asked if the passport was valid or not.

If no valid passport, you should need some documents to support your nationality at the moment of application?
That is what I said, evidence of residence for the whole period since the passport expired. Obviously if the child is UK born, it is not relevant to have residence proof or a valid passport.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.