ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Mistake Made on Spouse Visa Application : (

Family member & Ancestry immigration; don't post other immigration categories, please!
Marriage | Unmarried Partners | Fiancé | Ancestry

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

Ashok84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Mistake Made on Spouse Visa Application : (

Post by Ashok84 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:05 pm

Hi all,

Sorry my first post on here and I'm really worried

I just wanted some advice/guidance, I've made a big mistake on my spouse visa application for my wife regarding payslips/bank statements, I understand there is a 28 day rule for these, the problem is that when the visa was submitted online and paid for, I am a few days beyond 28 days, will this be a automatic refusal? I meet the financial requirement, all the payslips and bank statements show from 6 months, that my employer has paid me, just happens to be 2-3 days over 28, the rest of application is fine and all the requirements are met

Unfortunately I've only realised this and the documents are with the entry clearance offer in Sheffield for consideration, I was busy and organising a wedding at the same time : (

Has anyone been in a similar situation and had their visa issued? any help or experiences would be much appreciated as I am panicking now.

Thank you,

Ash

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Re: Mistake Made on Spouse Visa Application : (

Post by arfinkhan128 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:15 am

The 28day rule for Payslip’s etc is Mandatory.

As you had gone past 28days on your payslip and submitting your online application. You should have been due another payslip by then? Did you receive another payslip before the online application?

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 11:56 am

You should send updated payslips bank statements and any other relevant document ASAP.

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 pm

You could send them updated statements as soon as possible. Send them with signed and same day postage. And don't forget to keep the receipt of this postage. So JUST just in case of refusal you could argue that you have provided them with an updates and they as they mostly do an irresponsible and horrible job.

Ashok84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ashok84 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:31 pm

Thank you all for you replies

@arfinkhan128: Yes I provided my most up to date payslip, as I got paid at the end of June, so I added this and I also printed my most up to date bank statement from Barclays to back up/show the payment for end of June was in my bank but the problem is that this statement was from 2nd July, the online application was made on 29th June and the biometrics appointment/interview for my wife was on the 4th July, so I'm not sure this is would be applicable or not? But at least it connects with the end of June payslip

I'm not sure how strict they are about this, as its my first time, everything else in the application is fine, we meet all the requirements, it's just this issue of my bank statement which is stressing me out : (

Ashok84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ashok84 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:33 pm

arfinkhan128 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:15 am

As you had gone past 28days on your payslip and submitting your online application. You should have been due another payslip by then? Did you receive another payslip before the online application?
Yes I provided my most up to date payslip, as I got paid at the end of June, so I added this and I also printed my most up to date bank statement from Barclays to back up/show the payment for end of June was in my bank but the problem is that this statement was from 2nd July, the online application was made on 29th June and the biometrics appointment/interview for my wife was on the 4th July, so I'm not sure this is would be applicable or not? But at least it connects with the end of June payslip

I'm not sure how strict they are about this, as its my first time, everything else in the application is fine, we meet all the requirements, it's just this issue of my bank statement which is stressing me out : (

Ashok84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ashok84 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Danra wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 pm
You could send them updated statements as soon as possible. Send them with signed and same day postage. And don't forget to keep the receipt of this postage. So JUST just in case of refusal you could argue that you have provided them with an updates and they as they mostly do an irresponsible and horrible job.
Hello,

Thanks for your advice but I'm not sure if this is possible? The application has been with the Entry Clearance Officer since Thursday last week, so I'm not sure if it is too late to send additional documents or whether they would accept them after being with the Entry Clearance Officer for over a week?

Thanks

Danra
Ireland

Post by Danra » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:07 am

It's better to send than not send at all. It would not hurt it's just about few extra quids. What if it works? At least keep this options open than to expect a refusal.

seagul
Diamond Member
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by seagul » Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:46 am

Ashok84 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:33 pm
arfinkhan128 wrote:

Yes I provided my most up to date payslip, as I got paid at the end of June, so I added this and I also printed my most up to date bank statement from Barclays to back up/show the payment for end of June was in my bank but the problem is that this statement was from 2nd July, the online application was made on 29th June and the biometrics appointment/interview for my wife was on the 4th July, so I'm not sure this is would be applicable or not? But at least it connects with the end of June payslip

As you applied online at the end of June and you had attached the payslips dated end of June & the bank statement dated 2nd July but still covering till the date of application then why are you worrying and over thinking?
The opinion expressed as above is neither a professional advice nor contesting/competing to other member's opinion/advice.

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:02 am

Ashok84 wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:37 pm
Danra wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:49 pm
Hello,

Thanks for your advice but I'm not sure if this is possible? The application has been with the Entry Clearance Officer since Thursday last week, so I'm not sure if it is too late to send additional documents or whether they would accept them after being with the Entry Clearance Officer for over a week?

Thanks
Yes it is possible, most likely the ECO won't even look at your application for a few more weeks

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 am

seagul wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 6:46 am
Ashok84 wrote:
arfinkhan128 wrote:

As you applied online at the end of June and you had attached the payslips dated end of June & the bank statement dated 2nd July but still covering till the date of application then why are you worrying and over thinking?
Good point - not sure what the issue is in this case

Ashok84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ashok84 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:58 pm

seagul wrote:
Ashok84 wrote:
arfinkhan128 wrote:

Hello, yes maybe I am worrying and overthinking things too much, it's very stressful, so you don't think there's an issue?

I was just a bit confused as I've heard people say you can't provide documents after the date you've paid for this visa, in my case I applied and paid online on 29th June and added bank statement from 2nd July, which was a online statement from Barclays, I was in Colombia at the time so I didn't get this stamped from the bank etc but it covers and shows my end of payment (Payslip which I provided and dated 28th June)

So you don't think there is an issue here and I am overthinking?

Thank you, I really appreciate your help and support

Ashok84
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by Ashok84 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:00 pm

taffet87 wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:04 am
seagul wrote:
Ashok84 wrote:
arfinkhan128 wrote:

Good point - not sure what the issue is in this case
What do you think would be best to do? just wait I guess as maybe I am overthinking everything and you think there is not an issue? or should I just send updated statements and payslips to them?

taffet87
Pakistan

Post by taffet87 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:43 pm

You already sent them the most up to date payslips etc as Per above.

arfinkhan128
Bangladesh

Post by arfinkhan128 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:54 pm

Ashok84 wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 4:58 pm
seagul wrote:
Ashok84 wrote:
arfinkhan128 wrote:

Hello, yes maybe I am worrying and overthinking things too much, it's very stressful, so you don't think there's an issue?

I was just a bit confused as I've heard people say you can't provide documents after the date you've paid for this visa, in my case I applied and paid online on 29th June and added bank statement from 2nd July, which was a online statement from Barclays, I was in Colombia at the time so I didn't get this stamped from the bank etc but it covers and shows my end of payment (Payslip which I provided and dated 28th June)

So you don't think there is an issue here and I am overthinking?

Thank you, I really appreciate your help and support
Hi Ashok,

What I understood from your first post was that your latest Payslip had gone past the 28day rule by 2-3days.

Now following the thread I can see that you was actually worried about the statement being dated 2-3days after your online app