ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Non-EEA family member safe option before divorce v Brexit Mar2019

Use this section for any queries concerning the EU Settlement Scheme, for applicants holding pre-settled and settled status.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

sk8erboy19852004
Newly Registered

Non-EEA family member safe option before divorce v Brexit Mar2019

Post by sk8erboy19852004 » Mon Aug 06, 2018 1:04 pm

I hope I am on the right place to ask on this forum
I need an advice on what would be the most secured option to keep staying legally in the UK before I take action and proceed with divorce paperwork considering that the EEA wife would leave the UK or stay but will never bother signing anything or give original ID(no contact) if I would apply for Retained Right of Residence.
Also considering that all this might happen while the UK would be crashing out of the EU in March2019.

Or should I hold myself and (shut up till I complete the 894 days left for completion of 5 years to apply for Permanent residence) or wait and see how UK would be after March2019 or better action now with the divorce paperwork before crashing out of the EU?

My current situation is as follows:
⦁ Non EEA Nationality: Egyptian
⦁ EEA sponsor: Romanian
⦁ Duration of marriage so far: almost 9 years
⦁ Residence card status: 5 years UK residence card family member of EU citizen & also I hold a 10 years Romanian permanent residence card (and cannot apply for Romanian passport coz it's super hard) & Registration certificate for the EEA family member(Sponsor)
⦁ Duration of stay in the UK with EEA Sponsor:Both entered the UK 15Jan2016 (2.55 years or 934 days)
⦁ Work status for Non-EEA: Permanent full time contract on annual salary 25k
⦁ Work status for EEA national(sponsor):Full time 40hrs on annual salary 22k no contract but can be granted.
⦁ I have soft copies of all payslips, ID, Passport, Pictures with family for EEA Sponsor during the past 9 years of marriage.
⦁ Other: I have a brother in the UK on 5years residence card with his wife EEA national was working but currently taken benefits since she's pregnant with 2nd child and she holds a Registration certificate and was working on a zero hour contract but have payslips with +16 hours a week before applying for benefits due to pregnancy(they're willing to help with any paperwork if needed).

Please advise i'm just lost...