ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Quick poll with regards to English language requirement

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

How many of you on HSMP 1+3 years had to sit (or sitting) for IELTS test to score 10 points?

Me :( had no other option (degree was not taught in English)
No votes
Me :( degree was taught in English but not on UK NARIC list
20%
Not me :) degree was taught in English and was on UK NARIC list
60%
Not me :) because of some other reason that i'd like to share with you ...
20%
Not me :) because my uncle works at the HO
No votes

Total votes: 10

asifraza

Quick poll with regards to English language requirement

Post by asifraza » Thu May 08, 2008 2:28 pm

Just a quick poll:

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu May 08, 2008 3:48 pm

No option for those whose qualifications are not on the BIA database but have a letter from their institution / university confirming the same :?:

You will find a few people who fall in this category.

regards

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Thu May 08, 2008 6:25 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:No option for those whose qualifications are not on the BIA database but have a letter from their institution / university confirming the same :?:

You will find a few people who fall in this category.

regards
Interesting ... so HO accepting letter from the uni/college that taught the degree in English as proof!

Have you got the extension approval based on this? Do you have a template of this letter that others can use?

docitduo

Post by docitduo » Thu May 08, 2008 6:50 pm

Sorry for the confusion ... I mixed up Tier 1 with HSMP. In HSMP they were accepting letters from universities / institutions. But not valid for Tier 1 applications (new) or extensions.

Apologies :cry:

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Thu May 08, 2008 9:44 pm

ukjobsforme wrote:Sorry for the confusion ... I mixed up Tier 1 with HSMP. In HSMP they were accepting letters from universities / institutions. But not valid for Tier 1 applications (new) or extensions.

Apologies :cry:
So, please correct me if I'm wrong, if I apply now for extension with a letter from my uni stating that my degree was taught in English and which is verified by NARIC as UK equivalant, I'll get the required 10 points ? Obviuosly, as an HSMP holder for the past four years ?

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Fri May 09, 2008 9:48 pm

anyone?

ashish2410
Newly Registered

english requirement

Post by ashish2410 » Mon May 12, 2008 2:38 pm

Hi,

I am from H'bad and got 100/120 points in point calculator for HSMP.For HSMP English qualification, Do we require certificate from university which state that i completed our bachelor education in English or its sufficient to submit degree certificate incase the university is listed in self assessment pointcalculator

asifraza

Re: english requirement

Post by asifraza » Mon May 12, 2008 2:52 pm

ashish2410 wrote:Hi,

I am from H'bad and got 100/120 points in point calculator for HSMP.For HSMP English qualification, Do we require certificate from university which state that i completed our bachelor education in English or its sufficient to submit degree certificate incase the university is listed in self assessment pointcalculator
A certificate form uni stating that the degree was taught in English wouldn't work. You have to go for IELTS if the degree is not listed under English qualification dropdown. I was told exactly this when contacted HO.

geriatrix
United Kingdom

Post by geriatrix » Mon May 12, 2008 2:53 pm

Have you read the tier 1 guidance notes? It clearly states what documents are required to prove english language proficiency.

By the way, it is not HSMP for you (from India) but Tier 1.

regards

asifraza

Post by asifraza » Mon May 12, 2008 10:14 pm

sushdmehta wrote:Have you read the tier 1 guidance notes? It clearly states what documents are required to prove english language proficiency.

By the way, it is not HSMP for you (from India) but Tier 1.

regards

Thank you for your email,

A letter of confirmation from a university is not listed in the guidance notes as an acceptable form of evidence.
Regards,
Ross Hutchinson
Customer Service Advisor
Work Permits Customer Contact Centre
UK Border Agency
Home Office
PO Box 3468
Sheffield
S3 8WA

alifaraze
Newly Registered

Post by alifaraze » Wed May 14, 2008 10:21 am

Hi

I just checked with the HO representative and he said that if you cannot see your university in the English dropdown list then you will have to do IELTS.

So, we will have to do IELTS.

I think it should be a pain.....

Cheers

alifaraze
Newly Registered

Post by alifaraze » Wed May 14, 2008 10:22 am

Sorry i mean it should not be a pain....