ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wrong confirmation letter

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

onlyfarhan
Newly Registered

Wrong confirmation letter

Post by onlyfarhan » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:37 pm

Hi All,

My dependent applied for her ILR today at Croydon Premium Service centre today which was successful. She was on a Tier 2 dependent visa and we applied using Set(O) application form for her ILR since she has now completed her 5 years in U.K.

Her application was successful but the confirmation letter they gave states - "Application as a dependant of a Tier 2 migrant under the Points Based System". It does not say ILR or Indefinite Leave to Remain any where on the confirmation letter and the letter says that the usual restrictions like recourse to public funds exist, which I think is wrong. When I got my ILR all restrictions were explicitly lifted in my confirmation letter.

We are yet to receive the BRP card so I am not sure whether this is an error in the confirmation letter or they have processed it incorrectly. Anyway to confirm this? And in case of later how can this be rectified? Surely, I won't be asked to apply again and pay £2999 again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Djsuccess
Diamond Member
Nigeria

Re: Wrong confirmation letter

Post by Djsuccess » Sat Aug 04, 2018 10:13 pm

onlyfarhan wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:37 pm
Hi All,

My dependent applied for her ILR today at Croydon Premium Service centre today which was successful. She was on a Tier 2 dependent visa and we applied using Set(O) application form for her ILR since she has now completed her 5 years in U.K.

Her application was successful but the confirmation letter they gave states - "Application as a dependant of a Tier 2 migrant under the Points Based System". It does not say ILR or Indefinite Leave to Remain any where on the confirmation letter and the letter says that the usual restrictions like recourse to public funds exist, which I think is wrong. When I got my ILR all restrictions were explicitly lifted in my confirmation letter.

We are yet to receive the BRP card so I am not sure whether this is an error in the confirmation letter or they have processed it incorrectly. Anyway to confirm this? And in case of later how can this be rectified? Surely, I won't be asked to apply again and pay £2999 again.

Wait till you have the BRP and you can confirm if indeed a mistake is made. If the mistake is not your fault, then I wouldn't expect UKVI to ask for another payment.
I am not a lawyer and do not claim to be one. All my comments here are based on my opinions, experience and interpretation of the appropriate UKVI guidance documents and immigration rules.

CMOSUK
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by CMOSUK » Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 am

onlyfarhan wrote:
Hi All,

They would have made the applicant sign a form confirming their details such as name and address before they issue or send a BRP card, in that form it would have also confirmed the type of leave he or she was granted at the PSC.

Can you confirm that you had read that form and it did state indefinite leave to remain as the type of leave granted?

I remember this being the case for my wife when we applied in June, although there was not confirmation of ILR granted, it did refer mostly to the BRP card being sent within 7 working days etc.
These are my 'views' and 'opinions'.
If in doubt always seek professional advice, or at least do a search for the relevant information. :P

If i make any mistakes, You are more than welcome to correct me.

docfever
Mood:
India

Post by docfever » Sun Aug 05, 2018 8:30 am

CMOSUK wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:45 am
onlyfarhan wrote:
Hi All,

They would have made the applicant sign a form confirming their details such as name and address before they issue or send a BRP card, in that form it would have also confirmed the type of leave he or she was granted at the PSC.

Can you confirm that you had read that form and it did state indefinite leave to remain as the type of leave granted?

I remember this being the case for my wife when we applied in June, although there was not confirmation of ILR granted, it did refer mostly to the BRP card being sent within 7 working days etc.

This is correct. The Case worker comes with all the details of the successful application and makes you sign a form for the BRP. Did you confirm what was signed ?

onlyfarhan
Newly Registered

Post by onlyfarhan » Sun Aug 05, 2018 9:05 am

Thank you guys. But I don't remember case workers coming at all to get things signed off. Someone comes and gives the decision and documents back that someone is definitely not the case worker. And they definitely don't ask to check details and get anything kind of receipt signed at the end. At least not at Croydon PSC.

When I applied for my ILR last year, I did get a generic letter but I also got letter confirming that all kinds of restrictions have now been lifted off from my stay. I mean the requirements for ILR and Tier 2 Dependent visa are so different that I can't see any one mistaking the two. Life in UK test, no fees for NHS, etc.

I am sure we applied using Set(O) form which is the correct form for ILR for my wife's category as Tier 2 dependent. I am sure we paid the right fees as well as it's all automated and online. So all I can hope for is that the only problem was with the letter.

I guess we will wait for the BRP next week and see what happens. I will update this forum once I hear more.

onlyfarhan
Newly Registered

Post by onlyfarhan » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:34 pm

Thank you all for your replies and guidance. We have now received the BRP and it's correct. So it seems that the mistake was limited to the confirmation letter they gave us.

I don't think any further action is required.