ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Refund for cancelling online ILR application at premium service centre

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

prad04
Newly Registered
Mood:
India

Refund for cancelling online ILR application at premium service centre

Post by prad04 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 1:35 pm

Hi all,
I would like to cancel my ILR online application which I have booked at one day premium service. Can I get full refund £2899 excluding £100 booking fee or does cancelling online application is considered as withdrawal of application and only premium booking fee is refunded but not full. My appointment is on mid August.
Though the last page of application shows as . If you do not attend an appointment in person within 45 working days of submitting your application. The application will be cancelled and you will be refunded, minus your appointment booking fee.
But doesn’t say if fully refunded or only in person appointment.

Thank you for your response in advance.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Re: Refund for cancelling online ILR application at premium service centre

Post by equitydealer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:14 pm

Just to clarify, do you want to reschedule or application or withdraw it? If it's the latter you lose the money you've paid

https://www.gov.uk/ukvi-premium-service ... ppointment
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

smarty152
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by smarty152 » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:56 pm

As long as you don't cancel with less than 5 days to go before your appointment, u can get a full refund.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:49 pm

Yes but I assume from what the OP wrote he/she completed the online application form in which case the 5 day rule doesn’t apply. The fee is lost unless it’s rescheduled.
My comments do not constitute immigration advice, if in doubt consult an immigration adviser/solicitor

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

Post by babitha.srinivas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:08 pm

hi,
So i have cancelled my PSC appointment today as the date was not suitable. I had filled in the short personal details application to book the appointment. The date of the appointment is cancelled with more than 5 days remaining for the appointment.

So my question is I ll get a full refund of what i paid to book the appointment, Right?

And also I m trying to book a new appointment through the link sent by UKVI via email for cancelled appointment for which I ll have to pay the fee again before the appointment is confirmed.

TIA
Babitha

IJOS

Post by IJOS » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:36 pm

Did you do an online application or a PSC only application? There's a difference. If its an online application with a PSC at the end, it is non refundable but if it was just a PSC appointment then sure you get your money back. I don't know when though. I cancelled my PSC appointment on Friday, and I hear it can take 4 weeks for a refund.

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

Post by babitha.srinivas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 12:40 pm

it should be the PSC only application which just asks for name, email id and phone no., not the extensive online application which needs the financial details etc.,.

equitydealer
Member of Standing
United Kingdom

Post by equitydealer » Tue Aug 07, 2018 8:04 pm

Then it’s a full refund

babitha.srinivas
Newly Registered

Post by babitha.srinivas » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:25 pm

Thank you

zeebaltistani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeebaltistani » Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 pm

Hi all,

I am on tier 2 general and now applying for IRL. I filled online application and booked in person premium appointment (£2999) for 20th September 2018. After appointment I realised that I made a mistake in the form by answer no to this question
“Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?”
In payment confirmation email its clearly mentioned that I can’t change my application details. But I don’t see any option to cancel my appointment both on my application and in the email sent to me after appointment. So what do you recommend, shall i go with new application without cancelling this one or is there any way to cancel this, so that i can get full refund. Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.

naveen14
Newly Registered
India

Post by naveen14 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:42 pm

Hi zeebaltistani,

I done the same mistake.. could you let me know what did you done after that please.. that would be helpful.

naveen14
Newly Registered
India

Post by naveen14 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 8:45 pm

Change your application

Your application details cannot be changed. If you need to change any of your information, you must submit a new application.

I have this in confirmation email. Could anyone guide me how to do this please. I filled the application online and made a couple of mistakes.
Many thanks in Advance

imontier2
Newly Registered
United Kingdom

Post by imontier2 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 11:26 pm

zeebaltistani wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 1:34 pm
Hi all,

I am on tier 2 general and now applying for IRL. I filled online application and booked in person premium appointment (£2999) for 20th September 2018. After appointment I realised that I made a mistake in the form by answer no to this question
“Have you previously lived in a country outside the UK including your country of birth?”
In payment confirmation email its clearly mentioned that I can’t change my application details. But I don’t see any option to cancel my appointment both on my application and in the email sent to me after appointment. So what do you recommend, shall i go with new application without cancelling this one or is there any way to cancel this, so that i can get full refund. Any help in this regard would be really appreciated.
I have done the same mistake. How you dealt with it?

zeebaltistani
Newly Registered
Pakistan

Post by zeebaltistani » Tue Jan 22, 2019 10:40 am

sorry for late reply everyone, i have attached a cover letter about those mistakes with my application form and raised this with VISA officer as well. Also attached email response i got from UKBA support team.