ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

how many days maximum in 5 years allowed out of the uk

Only for UK Tier 1 (Entrepreneur) points system. This route is now closed to new applicants.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

new format of financial statements from this year

Post by happyguy » Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 pm

Dear moderators
According to my accountant for small companies from this year the contents of financial statements will change and will include
income statement
balance sheet
Chartered certified accountants report (compilation report)
trading profit and loss account
Detailed balance sheet.

So my accountant says from this year contents of financial statement will not have
company information
report of the director
notes to the financial statement.
I am showing my investment in the form of share capital , as it is shown in the previous years accounts, so if from this year notes to the financial statement is not included in the unaudited accounts ,then how to show the evidence of investment by way of share capital.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: new format of financial statements from this year

Post by marcnath » Wed May 23, 2018 1:09 pm

happyguy wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:04 pm
Dear moderators
According to my accountant for small companies from this year the contents of financial statements will change and will include
income statement
balance sheet
Chartered certified accountants report (compilation report)
trading profit and loss account
Detailed balance sheet.

So my accountant says from this year contents of financial statement will not have
company information
report of the director
notes to the financial statement.
I am showing my investment in the form of share capital , as it is shown in the previous years accounts, so if from this year notes to the financial statement is not included in the unaudited accounts ,then how to show the evidence of investment by way of share capital.
Your accountant is probably talking about minimum requirements. I can't imagine the regulators saying some information should not be there, so he/she should be able to add that still.
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

Re: how many days maximum in 5 years allowed out of the uk

Post by happyguy » Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 pm

Dear Marcnath
He is saying for share capital he will provide a letter on letterheaded paper to include the necessary information of called up share capital , which is required for extension, that is the information related to the share capital on the notes to the financial statements . Will that serve the purpose.
thanks in advance.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Wed May 23, 2018 1:23 pm

happyguy wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 1:16 pm
Dear Marcnath
He is saying for share capital he will provide a letter on letterheaded paper to include the necessary information of called up share capital , which is required for extension, that is the information related to the share capital on the notes to the financial statements . Will that serve the purpose.
thanks in advance.
No, the requirement is very specific.
I can't see why he can't add notes to the accounts. But if for some crazy reason, the law or something else makes it absolutely impossible to do that, his letter should also explain that with a quote of the relevant regulations that prevent him from providing that info somewhere in the accounts (it does not have to be in the notes, it can even be directly in the balance sheet)
My comments are in no way meant to be advisory. I have no professional knowledge of immigration. These are based on my own experience, convictions and personal interpretation of publicly available information.

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

can dependent apply from home country for extension

Post by happyguy » Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:00 pm

Dear Moderators
My wife has returned to india a month ago and she has to stay in india for a longer period like 8 to 10 months.Our extension is due in first week November 2018.So if she stays back in india , can she apply from india to extend her dependent visa. I am here with two boys aged 18 and 13 and will apply for extension from the uk.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: can dependent apply from home country for extension

Post by marcnath » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:11 pm

happyguy wrote:
Fri Jun 01, 2018 6:00 pm
Dear Moderators
My wife has returned to india a month ago and she has to stay in india for a longer period like 8 to 10 months.Our extension is due in first week November 2018.So if she stays back in india , can she apply from india to extend her dependent visa. I am here with two boys aged 18 and 13 and will apply for extension from the uk.
I can't see how she can do that. She can apply for a new dependant visa once your visa is granted. But it will reset the 5 year continuous period as she will be without a valid visa for some time - between expiry of her visa and the grant of the new dependant visa. That will effectively reset the ILR clock for your kids too.

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

NHS Medical exemption certificate/card

Post by happyguy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:31 am

Dear moderators
I am diabetic so NHS has given form to fill up for medical exemption certificate in 2016 and I received that card after a month. So now I receive diabetic medicines and blood pressure medication free of charge. Is this some type of benefit and will this affect extension and ILR in future.
thanks in advance.

Momi
United Kingdom

Re: NHS Medical exemption certificate/card

Post by Momi » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:08 am

happyguy wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:31 am
Dear moderators
I am diabetic so NHS has given form to fill up for medical exemption certificate in 2016 and I received that card after a month. So now I receive diabetic medicines and blood pressure medication free of charge. Is this some type of benefit and will this affect extension and ILR in future.
thanks in advance.
No, it got nothing to do with your visa but you ain't using public funds.
I'm pre-diabetic but I controlled my diet and doing Hiit for weight loss. I'm also referred by nhs to attend an anti diabetic course which helped me a lot. So far lost 10kg.
Hope you will be fine soon.
Most nhs treatments are free.
Check these links, hope they will help you.

indefinite-leave-to-remain/nhs-medical- ... 48064.html

https://www.nhsbsa.nhs.uk/whos-entitled ... riptions-2

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: NHS Medical exemption certificate/card

Post by zimba » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:05 pm

happyguy wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:31 am
Dear moderators
thanks in advance.
NHS is free for UK residents. Only NHS debt will affect you if you have any
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

Post by happyguy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:22 pm

Thank you very much Zimba and Momi.

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

can dependent wife stay out of uk for more than 6 months

Post by happyguy » Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 am

Dear Moderators
My wife is currently in india ,she is planning to return to the uk to apply for extension in October, as we are applying end of October .So can dependents still stay out of uk for more than six months .As the rules are changed for dependents as well from January 2018.Her dependent visa was stamped on 20 april 2016 till 2 nov 2018.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Re: can dependent wife stay out of uk for more than 6 months

Post by marcnath » Thu Jul 05, 2018 11:20 am

happyguy wrote:
Thu Jul 05, 2018 10:36 am
Dear Moderators
My wife is currently in india ,she is planning to return to the uk to apply for extension in October, as we are applying end of October .So can dependents still stay out of uk for more than six months .As the rules are changed for dependents as well from January 2018.Her dependent visa was stamped on 20 april 2016 till 2 nov 2018.
Yes

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

Post by happyguy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:40 am

Dear moderators
The rule change in January 18 for dependents ,is that they should be in the uk for 6 months in a rolling period.Is this rule applies in the previous leave. For example my wife received dependent visa from april 16 to 6 nov 2018. So does this rule applies to her after extension . Marcnath has replied saying yes only in the previous post but I want clarify it again.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:48 am

Yes the new absence rule applies to PBS dependent visas issued in or after 11 January 2018.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

Post by happyguy » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 am

HI cr001
I spoke to one solicitor and he says the rule will apply only after extension which is due in Nov 18 in your wifes case and not in the present leave.Is that true.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:21 am

happyguy wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 am
HI cr001
I spoke to one solicitor and he says the rule will apply only after extension which is due in Nov 18 in your wifes case and not in the present leave.Is that true.
This has been replied by me and CR001 - the new rule ONLY APPLIES to visas/extensions issued after 11 Jan 2018.

Not sure why you keep asking the same question - what is it that you are concerned about ?

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

Post by happyguy » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:54 pm

Dear Marcnath
My concern is as you said new rule applies to visa /extensions issued after January 11 2018, but my wife has received her dependent visa on april 16 2016 till 6 Nov 2018 which is before january 11 2018.So if her visa was issued before january 11 2018 , does she needs tobe in the uk 180 days per 12 months period.

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Sat Aug 04, 2018 4:48 pm

happyguy wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:54 pm
does she needs tobe in the uk 180 days per 12 months period.
No

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

Post by happyguy » Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:37 pm

Dear moderators
I am planning to apply alone for extension next month in super premium category and my dependents wife and two kids are planning to apply one month later by postal application. Is this scenario possible.
regards

marcnath
United Kingdom

Post by marcnath » Mon Aug 06, 2018 11:16 am

happyguy wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 10:37 pm
Dear moderators
I am planning to apply alone for extension next month in super premium category and my dependents wife and two kids are planning to apply one month later by postal application. Is this scenario possible.
regards
Yes, as long as their visa is valid until then

kenyaken
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by kenyaken » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 pm

CR001 wrote:
Sun Apr 15, 2018 5:20 am
happyguy wrote:
Sat Apr 14, 2018 10:30 pm
Hi Marcnath
somewhere on the forum it is mentioned you are allowed to stay out of the uk ,maximum 450 days in the whole 5 year period. I did understand 180 days for any 12 months but wanted to know for whole period of 5 years , that means till ILR ,the maximum days permitted.
450 days is relevant to British citizenship requirements.
Hi, CR001, please can you explain more on the 450 days you mentioned?

Another question: as I checked in "Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK" (link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf), I see that there is 180 days of allowable absence in any 12 months period and T1 (Entrepreneur) category is not required to provide reasons for absence. Are their dependents count as in the same category and have no need to provide reasons for absence?

Thank you in advance.

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 pm

kenyaken wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 pm
CR001 wrote:
happyguy wrote:
Hi Marcnath
somewhere on the forum it is mentioned you are allowed to stay out of the uk ,maximum 450 days in the whole 5 year period. I did understand 180 days for any 12 months but wanted to know for whole period of 5 years , that means till ILR ,the maximum days permitted.

Another question: as I checked in "Indefinite leave to remain: calculating continuous period in UK" (link: https://assets.publishing.service.gov.u ... .0-EXT.pdf), I see that there is 180 days of allowable absence in any 12 months period and T1 (Entrepreneur) category is not required to provide reasons for absence. Are their dependents count as in the same category and have no need to provide reasons for absence?

Thank you in advance.
Can you please ask your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread, it is considered rude and unfair to the original poster!

See point 12 in the forum rules FAQs (click)
Char (CR001 not Casa)
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

kenyaken
Newly Registered
Hong Kong

Post by kenyaken » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:57 pm

CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 pm
kenyaken wrote:
CR001 wrote:
happyguy wrote:
Hi Marcnath

Thank you in advance.
Can you please ask your questions in your own topic instead of tagging onto another members thread, it is considered rude and unfair to the original poster!

My apology for the additional question. May I just ask what you mean by "450 days is relevant to British citizenship requirements" in the original post please?

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:13 pm

kenyaken wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:57 pm
CR001 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:45 pm
kenyaken wrote:
CR001 wrote:

Thank you in advance.

My apology for the additional question. May I just ask what you mean by "450 days is relevant to British citizenship requirements" in the original post please?
It is the absence limit when applying for British citizenship and please DO NOT ask citizenship questions in this topic.
Char (CR001 not Casa)

happyguy
Newly Registered
India

no stamp by bank on maintenace bank statement

Post by happyguy » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:50 pm

Dear moderators
I have maintenance fund in two banks, both are ready to print the statement on banks original stationary but refused to stamp it. So maintenance bank statement without banks stamp ,is it acceptable ?.I am applying next month for extension.