ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Proof of genuine and subsisting family relationship

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

Imbow2020
Newly Registered
Australia

Proof of genuine and subsisting family relationship

Post by Imbow2020 » Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:41 pm

Good Afternoon.

I currently have an application pending for indefinite leave to remain at the Home Office after having been granted Discretionary leave to remain on private life grounds.I have successfully completed the required six year period.

A few days ago I received a letter from the Home Office requesting proof of genuine and subsisting relationship with my family( Mother, brother and sister).
For the record I am now 30 years old , studying full-time and I am not married or currently in a relationship.

At the moment I can provide the following documentation.

Letters Of Support
3* Letters from family members confirming we still have an ongoing relationship.
-Letter from my mother will also state how she helps me pay with my uni tuition fee & refer to
evidence on bank statements

3* Letters from family friends confirming we are still a family unit.
Personal statement mentioning how I see my family at least once a month and help my
sister with child care occasionally

Bank Statements & Utility Bills
Mothers utility bills( Gas ,electricity, water and internet provider bill), bank statements & Tenancy agreement.
Sister's utility bills (Gas ,electricity, water and internet provider bill), bank statements & Tenancy agreement.
Brother Tenancy agreement(He is a student).

Communications
Mother's whats-app and text message conversations.
Sister's whats-app, text message and email conversations.
Brother's whats-app , text message email conversations.
Printed PDF mobile-phone bills highlighting calls to Mother, brother and sister.
Printed screenshot whats-app call log highlighting calls to Mother, brother and sister.

Other
My nephew's railcard where I am registered as the second cardholder (Sister's 8 year old son).
Nephew's birth certificate to prove he's my sister's son.
Couple of pictures from family gatherings.

I would be grateful for any suggestions/help on what else to include and what to state in the letters.

Thanks in adavnce

cyclina1
Hong Kong

Re: Proof of genuine and subsisting family relationship

Post by cyclina1 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am

Imbow2020 wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:41 pm
Good Afternoon.

I currently have an application pending for indefinite leave to remain at the Home Office after having been granted Discretionary leave to remain on private life grounds.I have successfully completed the required six year period.

A few days ago I received a letter from the Home Office requesting proof of genuine and subsisting relationship with my family( Mother, brother and sister).
For the record I am now 30 years old , studying full-time and I am not married or currently in a relationship.

At the moment I can provide the following documentation.

Letters Of Support
3* Letters from family members confirming we still have an ongoing relationship.
-Letter from my mother will also state how she helps me pay with my uni tuition fee & refer to
evidence on bank statements

3* Letters from family friends confirming we are still a family unit.
Your family members/ also your friends may have to provide passport number in letter. Also true copy of their passports if possible. Ask them to sign the letter the same as the passport and date them. This can help to prove that the letters are from the real person but not made up

Personal statement mentioning how I see my family at least once a month and help my
sister with child care occasionally

Bank Statements & Utility Bills
Mothers utility bills( Gas ,electricity, water and internet provider bill), bank statements & Tenancy agreement.
Sister's utility bills (Gas ,electricity, water and internet provider bill), bank statements & Tenancy agreement.
Brother Tenancy agreement(He is a student).

Communications
Mother's whats-app and text message conversations.
Sister's whats-app, text message and email conversations.
Brother's whats-app , text message email conversations.
Printed PDF mobile-phone bills highlighting calls to Mother, brother and sister.
Printed screenshot whats-app call log highlighting calls to Mother, brother and sister.

Other
My nephew's railcard where I am registered as the second cardholder (Sister's 8 year old son).
Nephew's birth certificate to prove he's my sister's son.
Couple of pictures from family gatherings.

If you did travel with your family members together, also mentioned that with the evidence tickets or passport stamps. if there are any.

I would be grateful for any suggestions/help on what else to include and what to state in the letters.

Thanks in adavnce
I think what you provide is very comprehensive and no more should be required.
I am not a lawyer or immigration advisor. My statements/comments do not constitute legal advice.

Imbow2020
Newly Registered
Australia

Re: Proof of genuine and subsisting family relationship

Post by Imbow2020 » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:39 am

Ok, Thank you very much for the advice