ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Wife visa application requirements ...

Archived UK Tier 1 (General) points system forum. This route no longer exists.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

FLR

Wife visa application requirements ...

Post by FLR » Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:12 pm

Hi all,

What docs specifically do VISA OFFICER ask to be provided for filing wife visa application? Can somebody please provide me a list of the docs that I should provide.

I got my HSMP visa stamped few months back. Please also note that I am out of UK at the moment and will be leaving for UK on my HSMP visa next week. I want to apply for my wife visa before leaving for UK.

Anticipating a descripitive email from you.

Thanks,
Hafeez

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:56 am

All the experienced and senior Moderators like Kayalami are requesteed to please guide me for my wife visa application.

I need to preapre and compile all the required docs before filing her visa case.

Thanks,
Hafeez

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Thu Mar 03, 2005 10:38 am

Hafeez, you didn;t mention the status. Did you claim the points for your spouse for HSMP? If yes.... just provide the copy of approval letter, documents related to her education and work, marriage certificate and proof of funds available for her settlement in UK, along with filled application form VAF1 and bank draft.

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:11 am

Thanks Mobig for the response.

In fact, I have not claimed points for my spouse. So what are the requirments to apply for her visa now.

Please reply to me ASAP.

Regards,
Hafeez

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Thu Mar 03, 2005 1:54 pm

it doesnt matter if you 'claimed' or didnt claim points for spouse. i think the docs you are gonna need to supply will be the same as those you used to apply for your Visa, e.g your bank statements, proof of accommodation etc, bearing in mind now that it is for 2 people, i guess u will probably also need to explain why you didnt apply for your wife when you applied for yourself

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:10 am

Well, let me clear my friend f2k with due apology that point claimed for spouse does matter....
If spouse points are claimed he/she must have to reach UK within that first year, he/she can work and support the main applicant.
And if not, then the main applicant is fully responsible for his/her expenses in UK because spouse is not eligible to work (particularly in this situation, i think so....moderators may correct me)
So, Hafeez you have to submit the documents (as much as possible) of your spouse. I think this EC will not be difficult if you an job offer, sufficient funds with you and accomodation in UK.
I have written the categories of relevant documents in previous post. I am here to provide more info just based on my 5years self experience in EC`s on different ctegories :)

baskey

Post by baskey » Fri Mar 04, 2005 8:41 am

Mobig wrote:Well, let me clear my friend f2k with due apology that point claimed for spouse does matter....
Mobig,

If the main applicant is economically active, then it does not matter whether you have claimed her points or not. There is no rule forcing spouse MUST work.

This is what my understanding.. any one have previous experience over this issue can share. My wife also not joined me in the first year and i have sent my extension recently and going to apply for dependant visa for her in Germany. Let me share my experience after getting the approval.

Regards,

Baskey

f2k
Diamond Member

Post by f2k » Fri Mar 04, 2005 9:04 am

Mobig wrote:Well, let me clear my friend f2k with due apology that point claimed for spouse does matter....
If spouse points are claimed he/she must have to reach UK within that first year, he/she can work and support the main applicant.
And if not, then the main applicant is fully responsible for his/her expenses in UK because spouse is not eligible to work (particularly in this situation, i think so....moderators may correct me)
:)
I dont at all agree with you in terms of wifes EC if points claimed. especially your point about the spouse being able to work or not. The extension fo the visa will only be dependent on the main applicants economic activity, as Baskey correctly puts it,

vp73
Newly Registered

Post by vp73 » Fri Mar 04, 2005 10:20 am

hi

my view is that wife goes in as dependent of main hsmp applicant. while applying for EC you have to substantiate funds availability for two people now, till such time one of you gets a job - say for 3-6 months.

it doesnt matter if points for wife were claimed or not, as hsmp dependent she can work immediately upon arrival in uk, as hsmp visa is for 12 months and dependents on 12 months or more visa can work, unless visa stamp restricts them (which is not the case in hsmp).

for example, dependents on student dependent visa, where the duration of the study of main applicant is 12 months or more, can work full time.

so if your wife is qualified, say a teacher or other that comes in shortage occupation list, you can claim this as your brownie point during the interview with EC officer.

as regards that why you didnt apply for wife's visa earlier I think that's a non issue as one would like to see how things will shape up rather than the whole mob taking a plunge at one time. or you can say that now you have gathered enough funds to be able to sustain two of you now, or you had planned to come to uk alone first, find a job and then ask my wife to join me but considering opportunities for her here, she could find a job much faster etc. etc.

hope this helps

regards

FLR

Post by FLR » Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:42 pm

Thanks a lot all of you, the above posts are really useful.

I have couple of questions here if some one could help me:

1. I am still out of UK and will go there next week and I do not have any job offer. So my question is when sholuld I apply for my wife visa, when I have a job there or

if I provide my bank statements of 6 K GBP will be sufficient to prove that I have ample funds available.

2. I am going to UK alone and will stay with my friend there initially so will I have to rent a home/ flat to prove that I have accomodation available for her or only showing funds will work here.

I am not sure what should I be doing? to go to UK and apply for here visa or while I am here in my home country I should apply for here visa, SO please HELP ...

Thanks,
Hafeez

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:57 pm

Dont be worried Hafeez, your situation is much clear now. You may apply for spouse's EC before leaving. Attach the copy of your visa stamped+ Approval letter of HSMP+ Bank statement (6K GBP are good enough)+ Educational and Experience letters of your spouse (if available) AND a covering letter from your wife mentioning the date of your arrival in UK and post dated arrival of her. She may give a pause of one month atleast of both arrivals. Also mention that she will travel after the arrangement will be made by my husband. There will be no problem if you both will travel together but, it will be more suitable if you arrange your own accomodation.
(Thanx baskey, vp73 and f2k for your comments on this case. I just wrote particulary in the context of EC for developing countries, not in general as hafeez belongs to one of these countries)

ShoaibJaved

Post by ShoaibJaved » Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:37 am

Hi,
I also intend to apply for EC for myself, my wife and my one year old son. I understand that the most probable cause for refusal of HSMP visa could be insufficient funds. Question is how much money should I show to satisfy the ECO. I will have around 7K GBP (cash) by the time I apply for visa that is excluding the car I own (worth 3K GBP) and a motorcycle (worth 350 GBP).

What papers should I obtain to show the price of the car and motorcycle?

Can anyone comfort me by saying that the above funds are good enough to satisfy the ECO.

thanks,
Shoaib Javed

sohail

Post by sohail » Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:01 pm

i am also in the same position. Why shouldn't you goto UK first and then apply for your wife. For Paksitani national a bank statemnt of 6k for a couple is not handsome.
my consultant once told me after your arrival in UK, your familly has legal right to join you after arrangin job and accomodation, otherwise visa officer can refuse stating insufficient funds.

Sohail

FLR

Post by FLR » Thu Apr 07, 2005 10:30 am

Dear all,

Now that I have a good job for a month, should I apply for my wife visa. Also I can show bank statment of 3k GBP in UK bank (also 3k in my Pakistan bank account), permanent employment offer letter, tenant agreement, and one payslip (as I worked with the company for one month so far)?

I have a double room in a shared apartment/flat with 2 bedrooms in total. Will my wife be able to get here visa?

-- Hafeez

Mobig

Post by Mobig » Fri Apr 08, 2005 7:04 pm

Yes ofcourse...why are you much anxious man?????? Where are you at the moment UK or Pakistan??
You may be able to discuss me verbally if you are in UK ans particularly in London. Send me a pm if you are.