ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Successful ILR application

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

manpreet111
Newly Registered

Help required for ILR regarding P60

Post by manpreet111 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:27 pm

Hi Guys
I have been great admirer of the forum and have found useful infirmation. I hope senior moderators or any one who has cone across with the situation would be able to help. My wife is applying for Ilr in October on the basis of tier2 general. Though she has p60 for all 5 yrs she realised while collating the documents for Ilr that for 2014-15 she has been underpaid by 4 pounds. Her actual salary was 22k during that time which should have accumulated to 1833.33 gross per month but I guess her payroll department had paid her 1833 instead of 1833.33 per month as gross. The payroll admitted it could have been payroll software problem which rounded off to nearest decimal point .
When contacted HMRC they said we cannot change the figures. So instead of 22k her p60 showed 21996. Can she take letter from her employer stating the reason or what else could be done to rectify this error. Can this impact her Ilr application

Your feedback would be much appreciated

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Help required for ILR regarding P60

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:28 pm

Her pay in 2014-15 should not affect her ILR now
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

manpreet111
Newly Registered

Post by manpreet111 » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:36 pm

Thanks for your reply zimba
But say suppose if out of way caseworker ask for all 5 yrs P60 and ascertain that there was 4 pounds less paid for particular yr, will that be an issue though I understand that for Ilr as per guidance you require 1 month payslips and one month bank statement, but to be onsafer side we would like to carry ourp60 also if asked for.
Your feedback would be much appreciated

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:47 pm

No they won't ask such thing
Advice is given based on my personal research and experience only. Do NOT contact me via private message for immigration advice

manpreet111
Newly Registered

Post by manpreet111 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi zimba or any other senior moderators ,

one more query regarding P60 . As my spouse would be applying for Ilr in September this year , her 2014-15 P60 had a difference of around 370 pounds for yr ending 2014-15. Her actual salary was 22k but P60 had the figures of 21640 . This was admin error by payroll team which we while collating docs for Ilr.

We are taking letter from employer to justify the error . Is it ok to have letter .
Will it impact her Ilr application . Ur response would appreciated. Thanks in advance

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Zimba wrote:
Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:28 pm

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:36 pm

Dear Zimba,

Thanks for your response. In the forum, I have seen someone get their ILR refused cause of tax issue on 2013- 2015! ref: indefinite-leave-to-remain/tier-2-to-il ... l#p1667264

is it because he change the employer and that's why those tax issue or p60 matters or there might be any other issue. We know p60 is not mandatory but if you kindly look into that case then he said he was asking about all p60 to show! that's why we are a bit worried about the tax/unpaid issues back years! But we are under the same employer..hope that won't cause an issue!!

marisajason
Newly Registered
Russia

Post by marisajason » Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:33 pm

Hello Zimba and GMO
Sorry to get in the middle of this
But I have similar problem to GMO's spouce as I have P60 from 2014 and 2015 which show that I have been paid less than was declared in my application. I do not inted to show them and pray they wont ask for them.

Zimba, you said
although I don't understand why, isnt there a direct correlation between what you have been paid during Tier 2 and whether your ILR application will be successful?

zimba
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by zimba » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:20 am

I would say the scale of the issue matters. Minor issues like software rounding up to the nearest decimal point or small discrepancies should not be an issue during ILR. The case quoted above by GMO is different. There are 4-5 months of non payment of taxes. That is not a minor issue or discrepancy.
However even in that case, the migrant should be able to argue that non payment of the salary and taxes were the employer's fault and the migrant had no control over it whatsoever and therefore cannot be punished for it.

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Fri Aug 10, 2018 12:34 am

Dear Zimba, Thanks very much for the clarification. Appreciated :)

manpreet111
Newly Registered

Successful ILR application

Post by manpreet111 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 pm

Hi Members,
Just wanted to share successful ILR experience which I had in Sheffield today.
Applied from Tier 2 to ILR
Salary increment in April 2018
Within 10 days sponsor updated on SMS system
Increment was around 20 percent
Appointment at 9 am
Biometric at 9.25
Approval letter at 11am no questions asked on increments,P60 . Staff really nice
If your docs are all genuine and sponsor is complaint with tier 2 guidelines process should be straightforward. Feeling like free bird now
As I have been silent reader in the forum I appreciate the advice by moderators .Good luck to those awaiting decision or applying for Ilr soon

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Re: Successful ILR application

Post by GMO » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:28 pm

manpreet111 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 pm
Hi Members,
Appointment at 9 am
Biometric at 9.25
Approval letter at 11am no questions asked on increments,P60 . Staff really nice
If your docs are all genuine and sponsor is complaint with tier 2 guidelines process should be straightforward. Feeling like free bird now
As I have been silent reader in the forum I appreciate the advice by moderators .Good luck to those awaiting decision or applying for Ilr soon
Congrats! that's a great news indeed :) Can you please let us know that did you submit anything additional with the require docs..like p60 (p60 is optional but many people submit) if yes.. then how many p60? and how many payslips and bank statement did u submit as well?

Please let us know..that would be helpful. Thanks :)

manpreet111
Newly Registered

Post by manpreet111 » Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:44 pm

Hi GMO
No I didn't submitted any P60 though I had with them just incase if they ask for. One month payslip and one month bank statement.
P60 could be at the discretion of CW. They might or might not ask for. Hope this helps

GMO wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:28 pm
manpreet111 wrote:
Sat Sep 08, 2018 9:22 pm
Hi Members,
Appointment at 9 am
Biometric at 9.25
Congrats! that's a great news indeed :) Can you please let us know that did you submit anything additional with the require docs..like p60 (p60 is optional but many people submit) if yes.. then how many p60? and how many payslips and bank statement did u submit as well?

Please let us know..that would be helpful. Thanks :)

GMO
Mood:
United Kingdom

Post by GMO » Sat Sep 08, 2018 10:11 pm

Thanks for your reply :) All the best.