ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two wives issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Two wives issue

Post by ABERDEEN » Mon May 12, 2008 2:29 pm

One of my friend issue

Non EU Philippines Male (A)
Uk Permanent resident Female (B)
Non EU Female from Philippines (C)

(A) --> was on work permit in UK on 2006 ( 2nd year on 3 years work permit)

(A) --> Married to (B) in Uk, so (A) got is UK PR stamped

(A) left UK and goes to Austria on work permit with the new company.

(A) gets Married to (C) in Philippines

By any chance can (A) brings (C) to Greece on Dependant.

Above all happens with the knowledge and support of (A) and (B) but not (C)

Your expertise and advice are most welcome for the above issue.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 12, 2008 2:31 pm

You're kidding right?

Absolutely no chance, your friend is a disgrace.
An chéad stad eile Stáisiún Uí Chonghaile....

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Mon May 12, 2008 2:39 pm

Nope, am serious

Its all for the betterment of his two families, not to betray anyone.

He married to (C) who is a orphan and gave a good life

think he seems to be capable in managing his two wives,

So we can leave it to him, until if he betrays anyone, i will lend my voice against him along with you.

till than Any one with enough knowledge on above will be great.

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Mon May 12, 2008 2:41 pm

sorry mistyped

By any chance can (A) brings (C) to Austria on Dependant.

MORBULOUS_PRIME

Post by MORBULOUS_PRIME » Mon May 12, 2008 2:49 pm

I'm no expert but I believe that polygamy is ILLEGAL in the UK (and most if not all of Europe)

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 12, 2008 2:54 pm

MORBULOUS_PRIME wrote:I'm no expert but I believe that polygamy is ILLEGAL in the UK (and most if not all of Europe)
Correct, the OP's friend will be breaking the law if he implements his plan and will face jail I think for bigamy.

This beggars belief.....

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 3:09 pm

Your friend A probably married C without the consent of B.
(My situation is very similar in some ways- I was not informed of the 2nd marriage.But that is another story.)

It seems very strange that A and B are in agreement for C to go to Greece, yet C doesnt know whats going on(?)

The marriage of A and B are recognised under UK law. The UK recognise that polygamy is allowed elsewhere and obviously B knows that,as he wants C to go to Greece and not come to the UK.

If he is muslim, he should know that there are strict guidelines in Islam regarding extra wives. Under his circumstances no Imam would dare suggest he take another wife. It is not fair to B or C. And I doubt he can financially support both equally and fairly,or divide his time equally. :x

Does wife B work ? What does she get out of all this? He's a jerk.
I hope wife B decides to divorce A for ADULTERY or UNREASONABLE BEHAVIOR.

Dont give me rubbish that C is an orphan and he was doing it to help her. He wants his cake and eat it too, having an extra wife. Why doesnt he take 2 more wives then? As it is allowed in Islam. If he is being so generous...

What age is B by the way? Any chance she is a lot older than A? She needs to wake up. She has probably been used like so many others. It makes me sick.
:x

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 3:16 pm

He would not be considered a BIGAMIST. The UK only recognise the first marriage. Had bigamy been committed I would have chosen this route myself.

These situations are very common. There is little or no honesty in such situations. It's a big scam all the way in most cases.

Perhaps this OP would like to shed more light on this matter. I suspect he is the guilty A in this.

It makes me so mad.

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Mon May 12, 2008 3:19 pm

Folks,

Be calm in your replies, as no one is going through a dire situation in my friend issue

With my friends issue

He is managing both in a happy way i suppose.

So please control your emotions, if anyone have been betrayed by someone, am sorry for what happened to them personally.

think he will be making sure (C) will have the complete knowledge in near future and lead life in a normal way with his two wives.

think the issues which i posted is still not answered i suppose.

And in UK its no longer a crime when second marriage happened outside UK

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/a ... =1770&ct=5

"Four departments - the Treasury, the DWP, HM Revenue and Customs, and the Home Office - were involved in the review, which concluded that recognising multiple marriages conducted overseas was 'the best possible' option. In Britain, bigamy is punishable by up to seven years in prison."

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 3:36 pm

Only his UK marriage is recognised within UK law. His 2nd marriage that took place in another country is not a crime here. I thought I had explained that sufficiently.
But UK law can say he has committed adultery, and is grounds for divorce.
An Islamic marriage is only that. The UK see it as cohabitation, which many people already do here. There is no crime in that. And any rights to UK benefits comes under the category of cohabitation.
For person A he would have had to have a UK marriage as well as Islamic to make it all legal. Do we agree on that?

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 12, 2008 3:39 pm

martha wrote:Only his UK marriage is recognised within UK law. His 2nd marriage that took place in another country is not a crime here. I thought I had explained that sufficiently
Not wishing to be antagonisitc Martha, this is quite interesting but r u saying that for example a person can marry in the UK, Islamic or not, and that same person marry in say Germany to another person and it's not bigamy?

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 3:41 pm

Sorry I did not answer your question. But no, I dont think he can take her to Greece as his dependent. He would have to try some other way.
If he tried to bring her here he would be refused. What kind of visa are you thinking about when you say dependent?

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 3:47 pm

Wanderer wrote:
martha wrote:Only his UK marriage is recognised within UK law. His 2nd marriage that took place in another country is not a crime here. I thought I had explained that sufficiently
Not wishing to be antagonisitc Martha, this is quite interesting but r u saying that for example a person can marry in the UK, Islamic or not, and that same person marry in say Germany to another person and it's not bigamy?
Yes, what I am saying is that a man can marry under UK law and marry another elsewhere, but then only Islamically, as this would not be recognised. If he tried to marry legally in another country he would be committing bigamy. Does seem strange doesnt it.

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 12, 2008 3:51 pm

martha wrote:
Wanderer wrote:
Yes, what I am saying is that a man can marry under UK law and marry another elsewhere, but then only Islamically, as this would not be recognised. If he tried to marry legally in another country he would be committing bigamy. Does seem strange doesnt it.
Aha, thanks - I thought I'd found and interesting way to keep my gf on her toes!

So to OP's question, as none of the EU states are Muslim (yet!) none will recognise his second 'wife' so no visa to the EU so the plan won't work.

Imagine being nagged by two wives......

ricky

Post by ricky » Mon May 12, 2008 4:10 pm

what i find ridiculous is : he got married to C because she is an orphan :shock: :shock: :shock: you mean charity gesture !!!!!!
i am sorry to say :Hareems and 100 wives are not accepted in countries with women s rights (all european counries without exception!!!!!

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 4:19 pm

Yes, it isnt easy to understand regarding womens rights in Islam. Plural marriages are usually done for the husbands convenience, heck what the women think :D
It can work very well, and some would argue that it prevents affairs etc. But to treat all wives equally is not easy, and would be discouraged normally. Lets face it, one wife is expensive enough. Imagine all the children! Why would any sane thinking man want more than one wife? One huge headache if you ask me,lol.

republique
BANNED

Post by republique » Mon May 12, 2008 4:22 pm

First you would need citizenship to bring non eu person into EU as a dependent.
second, you have no right to use your PR based on a EEC member and convert that into a benefit for a 3rd party. Probably for your benefit more likely.
Third, you have a lot of nerve to bring a non eu based on your status into the EU. You want to be a bigamist, support the third party in the philippines.
Better yet, do us all a favour and the UK person you are bumming your status from a favour and return the philipines.
I don't believe for a second that everyone is in agreement with this arrangment.

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 4:27 pm

I have to say I have every sympathy for the poor UK wife, who is subjected to this. She probably converted to Islam, and think this behavior is allowed. It most certainly isnt. Wish she would come here herself then I could talk to her. She probably became muslim on marriage. She must be in an awful situation. Seems like manipulation to me.

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Mon May 12, 2008 4:31 pm

thanks for your time in giving your opinion and advice on the issue.

(A) wants to bring as his Austria dependant Visa,

I thought it can be done since becos, (A) is in Austria on his own with work permit stamp.

So if the answer is no, is that becos

Austria will have information about his life history in Uk

or else is that Austria will not give the dependant to (C) because of
Uk PR stamp page in (A) passport.

But again it wont be a big thing for him to apply for new passport with Austria work permit stamp and process (C) dependant t Austria.

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Mon May 12, 2008 4:34 pm

Martha

Can understand the agony you have gone through, dont take it very personal.

I can promise you one thing there is no scam or Islam religion involved in my friends case.

Its becos of (A), (B) personal and family situation this issue rised to.

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 4:41 pm

Aberdeen
You have absolutely no idea what I've been through. But perhaps you can help. When my divorce is finalised your friend can marry me. I would be considered an orphan, and he wouldnt have to travel far. :D

martha

Post by martha » Mon May 12, 2008 4:46 pm

If your friend wants to try on a dependents visa, he must be truthful and say he has 2 wives. I'm sure the papers would ask if he has got dependents elsewhere, so cant see how he can do it, unless he lies.

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Mon May 12, 2008 4:53 pm

Sorry i have enough knowledge about you by reading other posts of your issue.

Dont worry you will have a good life.

No the Austrian papers dosent say any thing of that sort.

Anyone with advice?

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Mon May 12, 2008 6:09 pm

ABERDEEN wrote:

think he will be making sure (C) will have the complete knowledge in near future and lead life in a normal way with his two wives.
So when is he planning to tell C that she's actually wife number 2?

Oh silly me, I forgot...she's from the Phillipines - as long as she's in the Western world she won't give a damn, right?

And um.. isn't that where you get all those women from the Chopahdyck tribe...?
Oh, the drama...!

Wanderer
Diamond Member
Ireland

Post by Wanderer » Mon May 12, 2008 7:34 pm

jei2 wrote:
ABERDEEN wrote:

So when is he planning to tell C that she's actually wife number 2?

Oh silly me, I forgot...she's from the Phillipines - as long as she's in the Western world she won't give a damn, right?

And um.. isn't that where you get all those women from the Chopahdyck tribe...?

Maybe the dood is gonna lock her in an Austrian cellar for 24 years - oh sorry, that's been done.....