ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

SWITCH TO WORKPERMIT TO HSMP

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

SWITCH TO WORKPERMIT TO HSMP

Post by haiksuresh » Mon May 12, 2008 7:22 pm

hi all,
i have a valid workpermit upto 2009 Aug. i am planning to apply hsmp. Could you please help me on the below doubts,
1) what is fee structure
2) what are the document i have to produce
3) now i am in uk. i need to submit all docs along with passport ??? then how many days it will to take to process. if in the middle of the processing my employer send me back, then the homeoffice people will return the passport or not. for this what i have to do??
4) Could you please send me the documentation like help. or new rules launched in may 2008(i mean to say updated rules.)
5) is there any benifit if i am appling from uk. or if i apply from india, which one is better option.
6) could you please send me the updated checklist. or any url to find all the details

PLEASE HELP ME ON THE ABOVE ISSUE. IT WILL BE VERY GREATFUL TO ME..

THANKS & REGARDS,
HAIKSURESH

haiksuresh
Member of Standing

Re: SWITCH TO WORKPERMIT TO HSMP

Post by haiksuresh » Mon May 12, 2008 8:09 pm

haiksuresh wrote:hi all,
i have a valid workpermit upto 2009 Aug. i am planning to apply hsmp. Could you please help me on the below doubts,
1) what is fee structure
2) what are the document i have to produce
3) now i am in uk. i need to submit all docs along with passport ??? then how many days it will to take to process. if in the middle of the processing my employer send me back, then the homeoffice people will return the passport or not. for this what i have to do??
4) Could you please send me the documentation like help. or new rules launched in may 2008(i mean to say updated rules.)
5) is there any benifit if i am appling from uk. or if i apply from india, which one is better option.
6) could you please send me the updated checklist. or any url to find all the details

PLEASE HELP ME ON THE ABOVE ISSUE. IT WILL BE VERY GREATFUL TO ME..

THANKS & REGARDS,
HAIKSURESH

vinny

Post by vinny » Tue May 13, 2008 1:32 am

How do I apply for the Highly Skilled Migrant Programme? wrote:You should only apply under the HSMP if you are outside the United Kingdom. If you are already in the United Kingdom you should apply under Tier 1 (General) of the new points-based system. If you are in the United Kingdom and make an initial application to the HSMP now, it will be rejected, even if you intend to return to your home country and continue the application process from there.

If you are applying from India, you will only be able to apply for the HSMP until 31 March 2008. From the 1 April 2008, you should apply to come to the United Kingdom under Tier 1 (General) of the points-based system.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.