ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR for UK born Tier 2 Dependents without Visa

Only for queries regarding Indefinite Leave to Remain (ILR). Please use the EU Settlement Scheme forum for queries about settled status under Appendix EU

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

irfanzafar

ILR for UK born Tier 2 Dependents without Visa

Post by irfanzafar » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 pm

Dear All,

I am on Tier 2 visa, initially it was from Oct-14 to Oct-17. During this time I was blessed with 2 kids (born in UK) and got their BRP as my dependent (valid for same time till Oct-17). During this time we traveled once to our home country. However, at extension time I didn't apply for their extension as we planned not to travel anywhere till I get my ILR in 2019. My question is regarding their status (as initially both kids had their BRPs but now no valid visa at the moment):-

1) Does it affect their eligibility for registration/neutralization once me and my wife get our ILR?

Thanking you all in advance.

vinny

Re: ILR for UK born Tier 2 Dependents without Visa

Post by vinny » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:01 pm

No affect on their registrations. However, they may have to pay for NHS services in the meantime.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.

irfanzafar

Post by irfanzafar » Thu Aug 09, 2018 9:40 pm

Thanks for your reply Vinny, however I have got little confusion.

For NHS Services: Are you referring to NHS Health Surcharge or normal NHS service charges in case if we visit in routine?

For application: As their current BRPs are expired. Do we need to send these BRPs to Home Office along with their application?

Thanking you again for your prompt reply.

vinny

Post by vinny » Thu Aug 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Without paying the NHS surcharge, they may be liable to pay for NHS charges when visiting doctors or hospitals, unless at the A&E.
This is not intended to be legal or professional advice in any jurisdiction. Please click on any given links for further information. Refer to the source of any quotes.
We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.