ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Two wives issue

General UK immigration & work permits; don't post job search or family related topics!

Please use this section of the board if there is no specific section for your query.

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2, Administrator

gainvidya
Member of Standing

Post by gainvidya » Mon May 12, 2008 10:18 pm

ABERDEEN,

Not sure if your friend is a muslim who may genuinely have 2 wives, but UK or Austria does not recognize polygamy and hence technically your friend can have only 1 wife at a time. His 2nd wife in theory is not officially his wife until the first marriage relation is ceased (divorced) followed by marriage to the 2nd wife.

Although non muslim country like Indian does allow this for muslims under the civil law.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Mon May 12, 2008 11:51 pm

You know it happens but choose to disbelieve. Having read a couple of accounts of multiple marriages on this board I now believe just about any scenario.

Message to your "friend"

Well I am from "I hope you get caught" camp. I hope Austrian Immigration find out about the deception and kick you out of the EEA. I hope they log the event as a crime and you are deported back to the Philippians. I hope you are imprisoned for a few years before they deport you. Rant over.....

The Austrians are not great lovers of immigration and just about tolerate EEA workers. So I imagine they are tough on using deception to gain entry.

Orphan - read young girl!

ps you have given enough intel to find the individual :D

CH

Post by CH » Tue May 13, 2008 2:45 am

Hi Chaps,
with due respect, this forum is not to discuss moral issues regarding islam, multiple wives etc. Choosing a relegion and then following its teachings is one's own choice.

Now societies permit homosexuality, having relation with dozens of girls in life, so why is this multimarriage topic is being discussed.

the second wife should simple take divorse like one non muslim do if she does not accept second affair of her husban.
The girls has choosen islam which she can leave if its teachings are not aceptabe for her at all.

So lets be acceptive for all idealogies of life and answer the query technically.

Cheers

martha

Post by martha » Tue May 13, 2008 10:09 am

I guess the reason why plural marriage has become an issue here, is because the OP wants help to sort out the living arrangements for his 2 wives.
He can be totally genuine with his intentions, none of us really know.
But what I dont understand is why does he choose Greece for the 2nd as he works in Austria, and his 1st wife lives in the UK? That is confusing.
One thing is certain he would know that his 2nd wife couldnt come here as a recognised spouse.He also says that the Austrian papers dont ask for info about his marraige status. I'm wondering if he sees that as a 'green light' to overcome his concerns?
Like I said, we dont know his intentions. I dont see an easy way for him though. And that has nothing to do with 'moral issues' but legal routes.
Pehaps he could get her into the UK on a student visa, or arrange a work permit?

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Tue May 13, 2008 11:17 am

think i corrected my sentence in the begining saying

"sorry mistyped
By any chance can (A) brings (C) to Austria on Dependant."

Some people are totally diverting from the issue which is posted.

(A) live on his own merit in Austria on work permit quota, can he bring (C) to Austria on dependant visa.

Am repeating my post again saying

I thought it can be done since becos, (A) is in Austria on his own with work permit stamp.

So if the answer is no, is that becos

Austria will have information about his life history in Uk

or else is that Austria will not give the dependant to (C) because of
Uk PR stamp page in (A) passport.

But again if that is the case it wont be a big thing for him to apply for new passport with Austria work permit stamp and process (C) dependant t Austria.

And dont worry about jail terms, truthfullness, honesty stuff. as he is doing it as per the dependant application form wise and more over all three are leading normal and happy life, no one is going to spoil their life on their own terms by going and complaining to the homeoffice.

So technically can it be done?

adviceseeker
Newly Registered

Post by adviceseeker » Tue May 13, 2008 11:31 am

Reading your post and the response of all the people in this forum, I think you know the answer. People in this forum do not tolerate such people like your friends and its a disgust for me as I am from Philippines too. Did your friends believe in 'Karma"? if his a real Christian he knows that its not acceptable whatever his reason for being the girl C an orphan. If he will still gonna do it, bring his other wife to Austria then its up to him, just cross his finger that he will not get caught by the immigration. He could at least be honest to his second wife and divorced his first wife first.

Frontier Mole
Respected Guru
European Union

Post by Frontier Mole » Tue May 13, 2008 11:43 am

You just do not get it!

That you are proposing is illegal - end of.

A dependent you say - what type of dependent? As a wife or child dependent?
Now that would be an interesting immigration interview to sit in on in Thailand.
She thinks she is his wife so will no doubt happy to say so.
Austrian ECO – thinks “wife!!?â€

gollywood
Member of Standing

Post by gollywood » Tue May 13, 2008 12:48 pm

I have no problem with what A,B, C, D, X,Y & Z are up to - its madness, but thats what they chose to do.

My only problem is - why the hell must they all want to settle in the UK?

Dont people consider these things prior to getting into these situations?

Clearly the end goal was 'UK', 'Easy Life', '$$$', Streets paved with gold' !

Well if there is a rule that allows it, then more fool the UK!!!

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue May 13, 2008 2:15 pm

martha wrote:I have to say I have every sympathy for the poor UK wife, who is subjected to this. She probably converted to Islam, and think this behavior is allowed. It most certainly isnt. Wish she would come here herself then I could talk to her. She probably became muslim on marriage. She must be in an awful situation. Seems like manipulation to me.
The OP's friend is from the Philipenes which is largely catholic so the issue of Islamic marriage may not be relevant in his case

PS:Martha, are you aware that your ex husband has secured a place for himself in paradise, with all its creature comforts, by converting you (an infidel) to Islam? You might get him kicked out of the UK eventually but he`d still be better off for all the trouble he caused you :wink:

ricky

Post by ricky » Tue May 13, 2008 2:45 pm

thirdwave:
i am flabbergusted by your comment to Martha ,
who in this planet could guarantee a place in paradise , or in hell , it s up to god after we die to decide !!!!
are you saying a bloke can be an knee cap , a liar , an hypocrite , an opportunist , a materialist , a paedo , but just because someone else became musilm thanks to him all these will be forgotten , forgiven and the bloke guaranteed a ticket to paradise

interpretations , interpretaions , interpretations , thats the tragedy !!!!!where in the book it says this

thirdwive : how you give yourself the right to call an other human being infidel : that s extremisme mate , wake up and smell the roses and learn how to treat human beings as human beings and not *****and have some respect specially to women :idea:

ABERDEEN
Newly Registered

Post by ABERDEEN » Tue May 13, 2008 3:13 pm

Cant understand why you people are playing with religious issue here.

I have never uttered any word on what my friends religion is, so its all few folks who came to conclusion that My friend might be Islam, catholic or whatsever.

Please refrain commenting on what he did and dont sympathise for (C), as i said she is a having a better life than what she was before marriage.

Am repeating, In my friends issue no one is going through bad life.

And no one is planning to settle in UK

So to my query, i came to a assumption atlas (double check with austrian lawyers as well) that (A) can bring (C) as his dependant as Austria dependant application doesnt say how many wives you have.

But legally speaking he needs to divorce first wife for any legal issue in future,

think he is not going to do that, as he as no plans to settle in Uk or Austria, Its just to bring (C) to Austria for few years on his work permit and than he plans to go back to Philippines.

And (A) will be with (B) half of the year and other half with (C)

Lucky my Friend.

Dont worry he is not going for any (D) or (E)

Live and let live afterall one life. no point fighting on religion after all its all man made.

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue May 13, 2008 3:28 pm

ABERDEEN wrote:think i corrected my sentence in the begining saying

"sorry mistyped
By any chance can (A) brings (C) to Austria on Dependant."

Some people are totally diverting from the issue which is posted.

(A) live on his own merit in Austria on work permit quota, can he bring (C) to Austria on dependant visa.

Am repeating my post again saying

I thought it can be done since becos, (A) is in Austria on his own with work permit stamp.

So if the answer is no, is that becos

Austria will have information about his life history in Uk

or else is that Austria will not give the dependant to (C) because of
Uk PR stamp page in (A) passport.

But again if that is the case it wont be a big thing for him to apply for new passport with Austria work permit stamp and process (C) dependant t Austria.

And dont worry about jail terms, truthfullness, honesty stuff. as he is doing it as per the dependant application form wise and more over all three are leading normal and happy life, no one is going to spoil their life on their own terms by going and complaining to the homeoffice.

So technically can it be done?
Aberdeen, the reason that some of us can't take your, I mean your very close friend's who has given you all this personal information to put in a public forum application seriously, is because it is both ludricous and illegal.

You still haven't made it clear whether or not C knows the set-up.

Saying that she is happy is quite a different thing from saying that she knows she's married a to bigamist (as you now seem to be implying) or is a second wife or has been adopted...

Consequently your friend's immigration matter is touching on issues of deception on sooo many levels. Your friend's case will be like a red flag to the immigration authorities on child abuse and/or trafficking. And all this on a work permit !

Simply put, if you can't understand what the rest of us are trying to say, just read Frontier Mole's 10.43 am post again.
Oh, the drama...!

thirdwave
Member of Standing

Post by thirdwave » Tue May 13, 2008 3:58 pm

ricky wrote:thirdwave:
i am flabbergusted by your comment to Martha ,
who in this planet could guarantee a place in paradise , or in hell , it s up to god after we die to decide !!!!
are you saying a bloke can be an knee cap , a liar , an hypocrite , an opportunist , a materialist , a paedo , but just because someone else became musilm thanks to him all these will be forgotten , forgiven and the bloke guaranteed a ticket to paradise

interpretations , interpretaions , interpretations , thats the tragedy !!!!!where in the book it says this

thirdwive : how you give yourself the right to call an other human being infidel : that s extremisme mate , wake up and smell the roses and learn how to treat human beings as human beings and not *****and have some respect specially to women :idea:
Ricky, have you heard of such a thing as sarcasm? Take and deep breath and read my comment again :wink:

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue May 13, 2008 4:38 pm

ricky wrote:

Thirdwave, can you please stop complicating this issue?

Two wives is more than enough!!
Oh, the drama...!

martha

Post by martha » Tue May 13, 2008 6:39 pm

thirdwave wrote:
martha wrote:I have to say I have every sympathy for the poor UK wife, who is subjected to this. She probably converted to Islam, and think this behavior is allowed. It most certainly isnt. Wish she would come here herself then I could talk to her. She probably became muslim on marriage. She must be in an awful situation. Seems like manipulation to me.
The OP's friend is from the Philipenes which is largely catholic so the issue of Islamic marriage may not be relevant in his case

PS:Martha, are you aware that your ex husband has secured a place for himself in paradise, with all its creature comforts, by converting you (an infidel) to Islam? You might get him kicked out of the UK eventually but he`d still be better off for all the trouble he caused you :wink:
FYI, my husband did NOT convert me to Islam. I reverted to Islam by my own merit thankyou very much. and before I even knew my husband. Just goes to show that MAN does not have all the truth all of the time. I doubt very much he has secured himself in Paradise, as I doubt you have, when you jump to such ludicrous conclusions. There was no MAN intervention whatsoever when I accepted Islam.
You should know that honesty is important. You cant deny that fact, so my h deserves what ever he gets for his awful lies and deceit to me and the HO, and it seems to anyone that crosses his path. He has no conscience. Thank goodness sisters in Islam stick to basic Islamic teachings. So I suggest you get your facts right before calling ME an infidel.

martha

Post by martha » Tue May 13, 2008 6:45 pm

By the way, Catholic men can only have one wife. Unless the guy A is mormon, we would have to conclude that he is muslim. Thanks

johnboy096

Post by johnboy096 » Tue May 13, 2008 6:59 pm

I best get my riot gear!!!

jei2
Member of Standing

Post by jei2 » Tue May 13, 2008 7:14 pm

johnboy096 wrote:I best get my riot gear!!!
Me too!

Martha, I feel sorry for you in your predicament with your own husband. You've obviously strengthened in your resolve to dealing with his own attempts to manipulate you.

But I think you're overreacting to thirdwave's use of irony. From what I can make out he was criticising your husband not you, hence the reference to infidel.

Now deep breaths everyone..
Oh, the drama...!

martha

Post by martha » Tue May 13, 2008 7:14 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Yeah, it is getting a bit silly now.

martha

Post by martha » Tue May 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Maybe thirdwave was being sarcastic, who knows. Not a prob with me anyway. Not to worry :D

John
United Kingdom

Post by John » Tue May 13, 2008 8:45 pm

I think this topic has now run its course. Closed.
John