ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Passport Application - uncancelled Password

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Passport Application - uncancelled Password

Post by nagasaki99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:49 am

This may be a well trodden path, and may apply to many, but I haven't been able to find much to clarify the requirement
my wife recently got her British Naturalisation certificate
we are in process of completing her First British Passport application
There is a section that states we should include all her 'in-cancelled passports' with the documentation (as well as a section where we have provided her naturalisation details)
Questions regarding her current, valid passport from her home country, does she have to send this with her Passport application form seems to suggest yes, but anecdotally from friends who have recently applied in the same circumstances, they have they didn't include it with there passport application
So questions
Does she need to include it ?
if so, what does the Passport office do with it, and do they return it ?
we are going to make the application thru the post office checking service, however I would further advice on this, if anyone has any to give
many thanks

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: Passport Application - uncancelled Password

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:56 am

She must include it.

HMPO return it.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Post by nagasaki99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:07 am

thanks for your prompt reply
do they just need it for documentation/checking purposes, or do they do anything to/with it,
Is it still valid if she wishes to use it as a travel document, might not be an easy question, and its possible to ask 'why would she', however I would still like to understand her options around this area

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Post by nagasaki99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:10 am

also, sorry should have asked this before, her current home passport does NOT include her ILR, that's on an expired one, should she also inclue this passport with her application

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:11 am

They don't "do" anything to it. You are over thinking this.

It is used for identity and name purposes.

ILR is NOT a requirement for a British passport. She is british as she has a naturalisation cert.

She must include all uncancelled passports as the form asks!!
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.

nagasaki99
Newly Registered

Post by nagasaki99 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 8:15 am

many thanks, much appreciated, I am finding it better to overthink rather than underthink these issues, to be on the safe side

rely1458
United Kingdom

Post by rely1458 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:07 am

They need the passport because they will only issue a passport if your name matches exactly the name they have. If your other passport has a slightly different name, they will reject your passport application until you get the country to sort out your name.