ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

Tier-2 General Dependent Visa Queries

Only for the UK Skilled Worker visas, formerly known as Tier 2 visa route

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

mraj31014
Newly Registered
India

Tier-2 General Dependent Visa Queries

Post by mraj31014 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 pm

Hi Team, I am raj. i am planning to apply soon for my wife's Tier-2 general dependent visa from India. Having below queries. Can someone please help me with these queries, please?

My Wife has got Tier-2 General PBS Dependent visa earlier from June 2017 until Oct 2018. My wife went back to India for delivery on Nov 2017.

I would like to bring BOTH of them(wife and Daughter) to UK by end of Oct 2018 and want to submit their applications by of end of Sep 2018.
Do I need to apply for My wife a fresh application from INDIA as extension not possible from INDIA?

1.1 If I apply for Fresh application from INDIA before her existing visa expires, my wife is eligible
for ILR after 5 years? OR the ILR clock gets reset due to new application?

2. If we think, ILR clock gets reset, can we follow the below process? please suggest.

Can I ONLY apply visa for my new born Daughter now as my wife is already have valid visa until Oct 2018. Is it possible to apply for visa to my Daughter ? After they arrive in UK, then i can submit the extension for both of them again,hence my wife application will be treated as extension with in UK?

Whilst filling Dependent applications,

3. I am seeing some new section called : “Criminal Record Certificate”? I am on SOC code : 2137? Do I need to submit any “Criminal Record Certificate” for my Wife’s application?

4. For my Daughters application, Under “Travel Information” section -> Are you travelling with anyone? -> here I am entering my wife details. While entering my wife details, there is a Column : “Visa Held”

Do I need to fill YES Or NO, as my wife’s existing Visa valid until Oct 2018 and I want to submit my wife and daughters application together by end of Sep 2018? ( as mentioned in point:1)

Whether I Fill YES Or NO, is it matters ? Please suggest.

Any help,greatly appreciated. please suggest.

Chanti1211
United Kingdom

Re: Tier-2 General Dependent Visa Queries

Post by Chanti1211 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:19 am

Hi Raj,

Please, could you post the URL of the site for filling the online application form for Tier 2 gen dependent visa?

I'm applying for my wife in Sep and confused with the Tier 2 gen dependent online application, I have found the two URL with the total different application formats.
(1) visas-immigration.service.gov.uk
(2) visa4uk.fco.gov.uk

Thanks, Chanti

mraj31014
Newly Registered
India

Re: Tier-2 General Dependent Visa Queries

Post by mraj31014 » Mon Aug 13, 2018 8:41 pm

Hi Chanti, Earlier(2 years back) i have applied using https://www.visa4uk.fco.gov.uk and wife got the visa.

Now i am planning for extension, hence still using the same portal to fill it.

After you posted the question, i was reading the content exactly what said on the portal.

"We are currently updating our online visa application service. You may be able to apply using our new service for visit visa applications if you are applying for a:

- Standard Visitor Visa
- Marriage Visitor Visa
- 1 month Permitted Paid Engagements visa
"
PBS Dependents visa doesn't come under any of the category. I have also verified the new service, there also mentioned PBS Dependents category.

Now i am also confused, which one to fill. Let me find out more information from some friends, if anyone filled recently.