ESC

Click the "allow" button if you want to receive important news and updates from immigrationboards.com

Immigrationboards.com: Immigration, work visa and work permit discussion board

Welcome to immigrationboards.com!

Login Register Do not show

ILR AS SPOUSE OF BRITISH AND CITIZENSHIP

A section for posts relating to applications for Naturalisation or Registration as a British Citizen. Naturalisation

Moderators: Casa, Amber, archigabe, batleykhan, ca.funke, ChetanOjha, EUsmileWEallsmile, JAJ, John, Obie, push, geriatrix, vinny, CR001, zimba, meself2

PaulG
Newly Registered
Mood:
United Kingdom

ILR AS SPOUSE OF BRITISH AND CITIZENSHIP

Post by PaulG » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:18 pm

Hi,

I am due to apply on 24 August for my ILR (5 years path as the spouse of a British citizen) as I am within my 28 days before completion of the 60 months in the UK with spouse visa; as I am applying in person at the HO, I Will receive my ILR card within the 7 working days after my application. I intend to apply for my Naturalization as soon as I receive my ILR card as after reading all the rules there are no restrictions in terms of time with the ILR for spouses of British.

Could you please tell me if this is right? I won't have troubles if I apply as soon as I receive my ILR card?
and also, considering that my ILR is made within the 28 days before completing the 60 months period with a Spouse visa, would this be a problem for the Naturalization?

I will be using the "new" online application system and also the NDRS, that allows me to keep my documents and send both my naturalization documents and the British passport application documents.

Thank you so much for your help.

Paul

CR001
Mood:
South Africa

Re: ILR AS SPOUSE OF BRITISH AND CITIZENSHIP

Post by CR001 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 2:21 pm

Could you please tell me if this is right? I won't have troubles if I apply as soon as I receive my ILR card?
Correct.
and also, considering that my ILR is made within the 28 days before completing the 60 months period with a Spouse visa, would this be a problem for the Naturalization?
Your application as spouse of British citizen is based on 3 years residence (not 5 years) and those are the requirements you have to meet, i.e. no more than 270 days absence in the 3 years immediately preceding date of application and no more than 90 days absence in the 12 months immediately preceding date of application. You must also ensure that the date you apply online and pay, that you were physically present in the UK on the exact same date 3 years ago.
Char (CR001 not Casa)
In life you cannot press the Backspace button!!
Please DO NOT send me a PM for immigration advice. I reserve the right to ignore the PM and not respond.